The new iPad fits the Yoobao iPad 2 case perfectly and seems to work fine except the 'smart' is gone. That is, when I shut the case, the iPad does not shut off implying that the magnetic switch on the new iPad is in a different place (or deleted entirely) compared to the iPad 2.

Can someone inform is this nice shutoff feature has been deleted or moved or what?
    03-17-2012 10:57 AM
    There have been several reports of this kind of thing. It appears that many of the third-party "smart" cases either work only intermittently now or don't work altogether.
    03-17-2012 11:35 AM
    Thanks. I have a new case ordered which is specific to the new iPad. I hope the smart feature works. It's one of those minor things which, now that I've lost it, I really miss.
    03-17-2012 11:43 AM
    I have a Marware CEO case made for the 3. It doesn't work either. I have emailed their support for help but then read in a few places that this issue is happening to 3rd party cases and older apple smart covers.

I posted in the support forum earlier to see if anyone has more details.
    03-17-2012 07:42 PM
    I have the Targus Vuscape case for the "new" iPad and the sleep mode(magnetic shut off) works just fine when I close my case.

Sent from my "new" iPad using Tapatalk
    03-17-2012 11:02 PM
    I have the Yoobao for the New iPad on order. Should be here on Thursday. I expect the magnet has been revised to work properly. Meanwhile my old Yoobao is down the road with the iPad 2.
    03-20-2012 02:07 PM
    I have a Spek brand case or the Ipad2 that fits my Ipad3 perfectly.
    03-21-2012 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD