Edge Design Case - Nice Design. Horrible Customer Service

Mercury2wo

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I am a great fan of Kickstarter and am more than willing to support budding entrepreneurs on it.
Edge Design (www.edge-design.com) was one such successful project which had become a full fledged business because of Kickstarter support.

I loved their case (despite being expensive at $99 + $30 shipping for FedEx International Priority Shipping) and decided to place an order on 17th Jan 2012.

Half a dozen follow up emails (many of them without response) and promises of "it's shipping next week" later - finally on 8th March I cancelled the order. So much for paying for Priority Shipping!

I had to follow up for a refund and after 2 reminders I get an email from their CEO of a refund confirmation - am yet to see the refund though.

Not a word of apology or contriteness for the delay or the horrible experience they put me through.

This proves one thing - great designers and entrepreneurs do not necessarily make good businessmen with outstanding customer service!!

EDGE Design

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Reply from EDGE Design

Hi,

I just wanted to comment on your posting, cause it contains some misunderstandings.

EDGE Design was initiated by a Kickstarter project. Unfortunately we experienced some difficulties in obtaining the right product quality and therefore had to replace vendors and reschedule production until we achieved the quality required. We have done our outmost to inform our client of this, even in the purchasing process under Shipping delays, but still we have been over optimistic in terms of delivery dates. Besides our apologies we offered the clients discounts and even cancellation of the order if required.

Regarding the refund confirmation, this is not being sent form the CEO but auto generated by Authorize.net and is a confirmation that the money has been refunded to your credit card, so if in doubt I'll ask you to check your credit card statement.

I don't know what has happened in your case, but is not representative for the service provided, even under the difficult situation described above. That being said EDGE Design products are now shipping world wide under normal delivery terms and we are launching our third series Metro in April.

I'm sorry you have had a frustrating experience shopping with us, but the above described compensations will still apply to you if you decide to shop with us again. Just write us an email to service@edge-design.com and we'll compensate on your order and hopefully delver a product you'll be happy with.

Kind Regards
EDGE

Reactions: Mercury2wo

Mercury2wo

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just wanted to comment on your posting, cause it contains some misunderstandings.

EDGE Design was initiated by a Kickstarter project. Unfortunately we experienced some difficulties in obtaining the right product quality and therefore had to replace vendors and reschedule production until we achieved the quality required. We have done our outmost to inform our client of this, even in the purchasing process under Shipping delays, but still we have been over optimistic in terms of delivery dates. Besides our apologies we offered the clients discounts and even cancellation of the order if required.

Regarding the refund confirmation, this is not being sent form the CEO but auto generated by Authorize.net and is a confirmation that the money has been refunded to your credit card, so if in doubt I'll ask you to check your credit card statement.

I don't know what has happened in your case, but is not representative for the service provided, even under the difficult situation described above. That being said EDGE Design products are now shipping world wide under normal delivery terms and we are launching our third series Metro in April.

I'm sorry you have had a frustrating experience shopping with us, but the above described compensations will still apply to you if you decide to shop with us again. Just write us an email to service@edge-design.com and we'll compensate on your order and hopefully delver a product you'll be happy with.

Kind Regards
EDGE

UPDATE
After my last email to them, their CEO Jesper writes to me and explains the situation and reasons for delay.
Though irked by the 6+ week delay, I still loved the design and placed the order again.
This time, Jesper throws in 2 Free Bands, tracks shipping for me and I get the case this morning!
BLOWN!
Luxurious, well made and feels really nice in the hand.
Hope to post some pics and a video review soon.

I recommend this case and wish Edge all the best.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR