Fake Otterbox Cases

iambyron

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there any about? If so how do you spot it or avoid buying a fake??

Tempted to buy one off ebay for my 4S but theres loads at cheap prices and i'm abit suspicous lol.

weisjt

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
if the price is to good tone true then it is. tons of otter box cases from them don't fit good so buying a knock off it even more likely to be crap. be careful.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the OB defender gray/pink I bought from my BestBuy at full price, and then I have 6 more that I bought from amazon. I honestly can't tell the difference between the BB one and the others I purchased at Amazon. So if the ones from Amazon are fakes, they sure are a good quality because I have no complaints about them:)

If your looking to only purchase one and stick with it and don't mind spending the bit extra, then purchase directly from OB's site or at a BestBuy. If your looking to get a few and mix the silicone outer and shell colors up like I do, then I'd suggest using Amazon.

Also, as Cleveland mentioned, check the sellers background before purchasing from Amazon, or if you decide to go the EBay route.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've ordered several otterbox cases from amazon, although the purple and blue one never showed up but after contacting the seller, I finally received another one. Amazon is my place to shop! Lol

OHCop

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I just received a fake Otterbox from Amazon yesterday. I will be returning it before heading to Best Buy to buy a real one.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just received a fake Otterbox from Amazon yesterday. I will be returning it before heading to Best Buy to buy a real one.

I'm curious, how did you know it was a hands down fake?

I'm sure it's possible one out of the 6 I've gotten from Amazon are not real & I didn't notice.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Fake ones don't have Otterbox stamped on the inside of the plastic shell. See picture.
Fake ones don't have the numbers on the silicon. See picture.

Also this YouTube video is a good way to spot a fake vs a real Otterbox

FAKE vs. REAL OTTERBOX DEFENDER FOR IPHONE 4 REVIEW - YouTube

Tysvm Laura for this helpful info:) I pulled out the 6 defenders I have, 1 I got directly from OB and the other 5 were from Amazon. So the 5 from Amazon I went over with a fine tooth comb, lol, and I'm happy to know that they are indeed authentic OB defenders:) I think even if a couple of them were fakes I really wouldn't care because I enjoy mixing up the silicone/shell colors to get a diff look when using them !!

Thx again !! (it never even dawned on me to check YouTube about this:eek:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro