Oh they look legit, yes. They are very good fakes. They are still fakes. There are little touches on a real Element that make all the difference.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    02-27-2012 10:53 PM
    i have one but only used it for a day or two because i couldn't stand the bulkyness of it. Its wider then an otterbox defender but not as thick. Ended up getting a "Sword" pictured below which is a knockoff of the "Apex Armor" aluminum case. This was much smaller then the cleave but still too big for my liking so im down to a apple bumper with a white carbon fiber skin over a zagg invisiblesheild.

yes im very picky and found that i dont like cases that take away from the sleek-ness of the iphone 4 and 4S.

02-27-2012 10:59 PM
    Worse case if I don't like it I'll go back to my speck candy shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-27-2012 11:01 PM
    copy Vapor case, it is good quality and works well.
    02-29-2012 11:09 AM
    I never liked the square edge feel of the 4S (liked the curvy feel of my old 3GS better).
    I couldnt agree more with you. I thought I was one of the very few who prefered the feel of the 3gs over the 4. It just feels better in your hand and I am really hoping the 5 will be somewhat curved in that regard.
    02-29-2012 04:34 PM
    I agree. I also hope the i5 gets some of its curve back. I really don't like the flat rectangle hard edged 4S shape. Doesn't hold comfortably when you are on the phone.

I also will say that I liked this case so much that I ordered another one in another color, BUT the second one I ordered (from a different seller), was disappointing. It was obviously a bad copy of the original...it looked like a cheap copy with cheap workmanship. The first one I bought I'm pretty sure is also a knockoff, but a very good quality knockoff, and I'm happy to report is still not reducing any signal on my phone.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-29-2012 08:55 PM
    Sweet looking. How do you attach and remove it?
    03-01-2012 04:13 PM
    Sweet looking. How do you attach and remove it?
    Thanks. Please read the beginning posts on this thread. I explain there how it attaches (two Allen screws secure the two parts of the bumper together.)
    03-01-2012 07:47 PM
    How can someone post a picture on iMore? I have pics I'd like to post.
    03-01-2012 08:04 PM
    Ok, update: after a week, I took off the bumper, and am happy to report that there were absolutely no marks/scratches on the iPhone's brushed steel casing. I took the bumper off because I got another one in a lighter Gold color. Pic below, although you probably can't tell from the pic it's lighter colored, but it is. Really dig these bumpers...

03-04-2012 07:18 PM
    To be honest that doesn't sound like a legit element case. I have had no residue taking the back pieces on and off and no signal loss. If I recall you didn't order from element...if its the one you were talking about earlier in the thread it's not an element case and the knockoffs use crap backplates and improper lining that affects signal.

Last edited by reeneebob; 03-06-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    03-06-2012 02:18 AM
    To be honest that doesn't sound like a legit element case. I have had no residue taking the back pieces on and off and no signal loss. If I recall you didn't order from element...if its the one you were talking about earlier in the thread it's not an element case and the knockoffs use crap backplates and improper lining that affects signal.

It seemed legit had a element box, even had foam inserts in all 4 corners. Also had vapor engraved on the case. But what I didn't care for was the way it felt in the hand and like I said I noticed 2 bar difference which isn't a deal breaker. But the carbon fiber back was what did it for me. It was very sticky and I put it on over my zagg. Decided i didn't like it peeled it off and it peeled my zagg off with it. Luckily I had a 2nd zagg. Not a fan of those cases. I think they are way over priced. Specks and otterbox are a lot better. I'm done wasting $$$ on cases. Lol

03-06-2012 12:29 PM
    I have a counterfeit one too. It came in an element box with an element certificate of authenticity. It's as fake as fake can be having seen actual element packaging now. The screwdriver was all wrong, it had the wrong inserts. It came with a travel kit and everything.

You got a fake. Sorry dude.

If you like give me the name of the place you ordered from and I'll shoot element an email but I would bet my bottom dollar that 1) you didn't order from element to save some money and 2) you got scammed for it. It's not fair to badmouth element though because your counterfeit doesn't work like an element.

As far as it being overly sticky - I can see it if you applied it over another screen protector. You aren't supposed to do that. A legit element order would have had a booklet with the instructions.

Last edited by reeneebob; 03-06-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    03-06-2012 01:19 PM
    I have a counterfeit one too. It came in an element box with an element certificate of authenticity. It's as fake as fake can be having seen actual element packaging now. The screwdriver was all wrong, it had the wrong inserts. It came with a travel kit and everything.

You got a fake. Sorry dude.

If you like give me the name of the place you ordered from and I'll shoot element an email but I would bet my bottom dollar that 1) you didn't order from element to save some money and 2) you got scammed for it. It's not fair to badmouth element though because your counterfeit doesn't work like an element.

As far as it being overly sticky - I can see it if you applied it over another screen protector. You aren't supposed to do that. A legit element order would have had a booklet with the instructions.

I get it's probably a fake. All I'm saying is these cases are not what I prefer to use as a daily case. I like my phones protected. I mean can we agree these element cases are over priced? I'm glad I didn't pay more for this. Also the carbon back is overly sticky. I'm glad i put it on over the zagg. Not trying to bash element just saying not my case of choice. The website was iphonecases4s.com

03-06-2012 02:59 PM
    You are though. You are saying "these element cases" are overpriced. A legit one isn't - the level of workmanship is great, I dropped mine and the case and phone are fine, the backplate isn't overly sticky. You are bad mouthing all element cases because you bought a fake.

The fake ones are over priced. It's unfair to say "these element cases" when you didn't buy one. You should be clarifying that the fake copy you got is over priced.

I doubt element would enjoy having their cases bad mouthed because someone bought a fake and the fake is of poor quality compared to an actual Vapor case.

03-06-2012 03:41 PM
    I have sent an email to element asking then to confirm if the website you ordered from is a fake. I will post the response. At that time I hope you will edit the criticism of element because you are giving a bad name to a company that doesn't deserve it.

I don't mean to sound *****y but it's really unfair to pass an opinion and misinformation on a public forum about a case you dont actually own.

03-06-2012 03:50 PM
    You are though. You are saying "these element cases" are overpriced. A legit one isn't - the level of workmanship is great, I dropped mine and the case and phone are fine, the backplate isn't overly sticky. You are bad mouthing all element cases because you bought a fake.

The fake ones are over priced. It's unfair to say "these element cases" when you didn't buy one. You should be clarifying that the fake copy you got is over priced.

I doubt element would enjoy having their cases bad mouthed because someone bought a fake and the fake is of poor quality compared to an actual Vapor case.

What's a element case cost?

03-06-2012 04:06 PM

I pd 52.60 for this one.

03-06-2012 04:11 PM
    An authentic element ranges from $90-$120. And worth every penny.

Last edited by reeneebob; 03-06-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    03-06-2012 04:30 PM
    An authentic element ranges from $90-$120. And worth every penny.

Just deleted my post. Thanks for your 2 cents
    03-06-2012 04:47 PM
    Yay! I mean it sucks you got a fake, but good that elements name is clear.

03-06-2012 06:14 PM
    Yay! I mean it sucks you got a fake, but good that elements name is clear.

Yeah it does but not a big deal. I like my Specks and commuters
    03-06-2012 07:01 PM
    Yep...it's a fake. Here's a list of authorised sellers from element.

https://www.elementcase.com/Element-...lers-a/250.htm

03-07-2012 01:41 PM
    Well, I for one, love my fake Deff Cleave bumper. It is 1/3 the price of the genuine one, looks great, and no signal loss!

Last edited by iBoxtaboy; 03-10-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    03-08-2012 11:25 AM
    Check the review for fake Vapor element COMP case
    03-16-2012 03:33 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD