White & Gray Lifeproof case

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I work in a really dusty environment. So I'm trying to decide which one to get, the all black or the grey & white (preferred)

Does anyone have one of these? If so, has the white backing become really dirty?

Thx for any help!

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using my white/gray for a week now & although I don't work in a dusty environment it is holding up well. Keep in mind also Jakeless, that because the case is totally waterproof, each day returning home from work, you could simply wash your phone case in warm soapy water to get the excess dust off etc. just don't use any abrasive sponges, not even the non scratch style ones either-you could compromise the built in TS on the LP.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using my white/gray for a week now & although I don't work in a dusty environment it is holding up well. Keep in mind also Jakeless, that because the case is totally waterproof, each day returning home from work, you could simply wash your phone case in warm soapy water to get the excess dust off etc. just don't use any abrasive sponges, not even the non scratch style ones either-you could compromise the built in TS on the LP.

Very good point pink!

I was just hesitant bc I know that white cases get dirty easy.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Very good point pink!

I was just hesitant bc I know that white cases get dirty easy.

Yes, I know what you mean. Ive previously used an OB defender with the white silicone outer, and what a royal PITA to keep clean, lol. With the LP you'll be able to wash daily lol.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I also work in a very dusty environment...trust me the lifeproof is MADE for you! If you can get past the slightly less perfect feel of the built in screen protector, then you won't regret it one bit. I even bought the belt clip so I've got $120 invested in a case...but it is so perfect for what I need that I don't even think about it.

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I work in an extremely dusty environment and have the lifeproof case in white. Yes, it may get a bit dirty but you can just wash it off as Pink pointed out. I usually wash mine off as I'm cleaning up at the end of my shift each day.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am bringing this back from the dead. How has the white held up over the course of a few months? Every white case I have used has discolored within one week and I have not been able to clean them so they look remotely new. I have reverted to black cases but still want a durable white case. Thanks

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Holds up great. Got a little dirty and I cleaned it with an alcohol pad. Good as new.

Thanks for the reply. I have had several white cases that discolor within days and are unable to be cleaned. I didn't want to drop $80 and have a dirty white case.

Last question: I use a FM transmitter and headphones a lot. How much of a pain is it to use the adapter or can I just take the cap off and not use the adapter(knowing that it will not be protected)?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?uiaeim

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Last question: I use a FM transmitter and headphones a lot. How much of a pain is it to use the adapter or can I just take the cap off and not use the adapter(knowing that it will not be protected)?

---
The cap is very easy to unscrew and put the adapter in, Whole process takes maybe 10-15 seconds maximum. Some third party headphones may work without it but the ones I have all require the use of the adapter.

Reactions: gvndeb60

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have had several white cases that discolor within days and are unable to be cleaned. I didn't want to drop $80 and have a dirty white case.

---

I tried my headphones. It fit but didnt work without adapter. It's very easy to do. Really takes couple seconds.

Jess Gonzales

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: White & Gray Lifeproof case

Sorry to bring this back, but I have to ask you what does "built in TS" mean? Did you mean screenshield?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for bringing back this old thread, but I have to ask what did you mean by BUILT IN TS? Did you mean SCreenshield?

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: White & Gray Lifeproof case

I had the white one and it was definitely a dirt magnet. Ended up with the grey and havent been happier!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR