How does everyone charge their iPhone at night?

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I am curious as to what everyone uses to charge their iPhones. I am getting sick of reaching for the wire off of the ground and plugging it into my iphone and then laying it on my nightstand. I have tried the ugly CableDrop wire holders but they end up getting pulled off and look ugly. I'd like to get a charging dock with some weight to it so I can just lift the phone up and disconnect it with ONE hand ... but I dont want a giant clock radio dock. Any suggestions?

Thanks

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I use an iPad cable/iPhone charging cable and set it on a table next to the bed. I don't have issues with it falling off or being pulled anywhere bec I don't touch it when Im sleeping til the alarm goes off.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
You can look into something like the Powermat charger. I've never used it myself but someone else can chime in if they have.

Last edited:

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have seen the elevation dock... looks intriguing (albeit expensive). I wouldn't mind using a radio clock since they can be used with cases, but my nightstand is small to begin with so it would gobble up all the space. I use a bumper-ish case on my iphone so the charging mat is out of the picture.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I just use the stand OEM wall adapter and sync cable. I don't need to spend additional money on charging accessories.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I use the adapter & cable that came with the device. It charges on the nightstand next to my bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
With this:

app_full_proxy.php

Reactions: Sharma15

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have an extension cord taped to the back of my night stand and the wall charger plugged into it.

So far it works great and the cable stays on top of the night stand.

As for the device, I'm using a Blackberry Storm2 cradle with the contact removed (the connection on the cradle went bad so I just tore out the contact and was using it as a dummy cradle with my Storm)

So my iPhone is just laying in the landscape position while being charged at night.

I'm also using the free version of Alarm Clock. So I can dim the screen and having it display as a clock at night.

Good Luck

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I use ihome to charge but have used a power mat also just didnt like I couldn't change my cases

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use the sync cable that came with my iPhone 4 when I charge my phone at night. No issues for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I just use the standard cable and home charger that come with it. I plug that up into the outlet and lay the cable across my night stand. I'm not one who cares about checking the time during the night, so it works fine for me. It'll go off when the alarm is set and then I'll unplug it when I am ready to leave for the day.

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. After much research, I may go with the Seidio Desktop Cradle because it can handle cases, has some weight to it, and is relatively cheap (~$28).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro