Cool iPhone 5 mock up

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to see what apple comes up with this time with both the new iphone and possible os over haul like some rumors are saying.

JRDroid

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Cool looking concept. But if apple switches to a capacitive home button that would suck. That is honestly one of the iPhones biggest advantages over other phones in my opinion. I hate capacitive buttons

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Too thin on sides. Sharp edges. Screen too big. Button likes like crap at bottom.

I'm all for a redesign too but not this.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You can stick with the 3.5 inch screen then and let those who want a larger screen get this.

Get this? It's a mock up. And a silly looking one at that. An iphone is already the perfect size.

Apple isn't going with a bigger screen which wouldn't be "retina" anymore. Why the heck would you want a bigger iphone with a worse quality screen? If you want an oversized phone, get an android? At least those are real.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Get this? It's a mock up. And a silly looking one at that. An iphone is already the perfect size.

Apple isn't going with a bigger screen which wouldn't be "retina" anymore. Why the heck would you want a bigger iphone with a worse quality screen? If you want an oversized phone, get an android? At least those are real.

Actually if you knew anything you would have saw that lg was developing a 4 inch screen that kept the "retina quality" but like I said you can stick with the 3.5 inch screen and the perfect size while others want something a little larger... Not to mention they could make a larger screen without increasing the overall size of the phone much... Maybe that is hard for you to comprehend and understand but it is possible.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Actually if you knew anything you would have saw that lg was developing a 4 inch screen that kept the "retina quality" but like I said you can stick with the 3.5 inch screen and the perfect size while others want something a little larger... Not to mention they could make a larger screen without increasing the overall size of the phone much... Maybe that is hard for you to comprehend and understand but it is possible.

Where's this wonderful 4" screen at? At the same resolution, how does it keep the "retina quality?"

It's my understanding that Apple is kind of stuck having to double resolution in order for its apps to scale. http://www.imore.com/2011/01/19/problem-2x-ipad-2-retina-display/

I'm not sure why this is hard to understand. A larger screen at the same resolution equals a poorer screen. If this is what apple has in mind, then that will be disappointing.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Where's this wonderful 4" screen at? At the same resolution, how does it keep the "retina quality?"

It's my understanding that Apple is kind of stuck having to double resolution in order for its apps to scale. http://www.imore.com/2011/01/19/problem-2x-ipad-2-retina-display/

I'm not sure why this is hard to understand. A larger screen at the same resolution equals a poorer screen. If this is what apple has in mind, then that will be disappointing.

Clearly it would be higher resolution. Retina display is the amount of pixels not the resolution. Maybe you do not understand this let me put it in simple terms. Newer larger screens with higher resolution> the current size. If you don't think it's possible look at the android phones and there ya go. LG may be building displays for 4-inch iPhone 5, 7.35-inch iPad [updated]

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Clearly it would be higher resolution. Retina display is the amount of pixels not the resolution. Maybe you do not understand this let me put it in simple terms. Newer larger screens with higher resolution> the current size. If you don't think it's possible look at the android phones and there ya go. LG may be building displays for 4-inch iPhone 5, 7.35-inch iPad [updated]

The unnamed executive cited by the Korea Times article called for a four-inch iPhone 5 (not unheard-of) with the same 960-by-640 Retina Display pixel resolution.

Clearly, it wouldn't be higher resolution. LG said to be in talks with Apple for 4-inch iPhone and 7.35-inch iPad mini displays | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence That was one of them grain of salt rumors anyways.

Android isn't iOS. There's a reason Apple had to double the resolution from iphone 3gs to iphone 4. And from ipad 2 to ipad 3.

That said, a new 4" iphone with the same resolution might appeal to you, but it would have less dpi as well and not really be "retina" anymore as they defined it. However they could claim to be "retina" because the new ipad would have similar dpi.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The unnamed executive cited by the Korea Times article called for a four-inch iPhone 5 (not unheard-of) with the same 960-by-640 Retina Display pixel resolution.

Clearly, it wouldn't be higher resolution. LG said to be in talks with Apple for 4-inch iPhone and 7.35-inch iPad mini displays | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence That was one of them grain of salt rumors anyways.

Android isn't iOS. There's a reason Apple had to double the resolution from iphone 3gs to iphone 4. And from ipad 2 to ipad 3.

That said, a new 4" iphone with the same resolution might appeal to you, but it would have less dpi as well and not really be "retina" anymore as they defined it. However they could claim to be "retina" because the new ipad would have similar dpi.

Like redbeard posted it wouldn't be the same resolution. You say apple is having such a hard time with apps at higher resolution but you act like they won't have to change that for ipad 3. You seem to not want anything new so once again like I said you stick with the current iphone and don't upgrade when the new one comes out.....

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

There was an article i read on this site back when the 4s came out about the issue people had with Apple not going with a larger screen. It said the reason why apple has stuck with smaller screens than the Android phones is because they want their users to still be able to use their phone with only one hand. They found that people using an Android phone couldnt swipe from one sie of the screen to the other using just their thumb. You could be right, but from my understanding it doesnt seem likely.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Like redbeard posted it wouldn't be the same resolution. You say apple is having such a hard time with apps at higher resolution but you act like they won't have to change that for ipad 3. You seem to not want anything new so once again like I said you stick with the current iphone and don't upgrade when the new one comes out.....

Taken from the link that you liked so much...

In addition, the higher resolutions are not clean multiples of the current iPhone resolution, meaning that developers would have to offer newly-scaled content to fit the new size, with Apple having to use a non-ideal automatic scaling to allow current content to display on the new device. In the transition to the current Retina displays, Apple doubled the screen's resolution in both the vertical and horizontal directions, allowing lower-resolution apps to be easily scaled up using pixel doubling techniques.

You're bent on wanting a larger screen. I get that. But you cannot ignore all the discussion relating to why Apple had to double [/B ]the resolution in the past and perhaps for the upcoming ipad because of apps.

Here, enjoy:

iPhone 5 Screen Size Might Remain At 3.5 Inches – Why? Because Of The App Store | The Apple Biters Blog!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox