Looking for a new quality case

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I bought a LifeProof case, did the water test, it all checks out, definitely my favorite case, I highly recommend it.

Who sent that from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta say it......

TOLD YA SO :)

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I bought a LifeProof case, did the water test, it all checks out, definitely my favorite case, I highly recommend it.

Who sent that from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also now that you like your LifeProof case if you happen to be on Facebook you should enter to win a iPhone 4s and LifeProof goodies. http://lfpmsweeps.contestcore.com/entry/100695 go on I'd love the support:)

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink, I was hoping you would get a LP, so that you can give us the real handson review.
I have 3 questions already:
1. is the case slippery in your hands or does it have a texture - non-slippery?
2. how does the purple faceplate look on the white phone?
3. Does the flash work - or do you get a purple haze?

I think your daughter can still use dock without taking case off, which isn't good from what I hear - just needs dock extender.
I'm not using the case as of yet-in fact I've swapped colors and decided to go with the pink instead(doing my 1hr water test now). My daugh decided not to use it as of now-if she wants one in the future we'll worry about it then. So I can answer a couple of your questions,

1) no the case doesn't have any kind of grip to it-it's a smooth plastic type but not slippery or glossy looking. It's a matte style.

2) when I put the purple case on her ph it looked nice, just a little white peeps thru. in fact if you go up or back a page you'll see shooters pics he posted of his purple case:) I changed my mind & decided to go with the pink-I had a BB rep take it out to actually see the case & it's not too pinkie as I thought.

3) when the purple case was on my daugh's ph we didn't try out the camera sorry. I can let you know how it is on the pink LP if you'd like.

If you're worried about docking the LP, just get the extender. They show it on their site, but you can pick 'em up on Amazon or ebay. They work really well.
:) thanks for this Alli, I did see them on the LP site- so if I wind up needing one, I'll order directly from LP.
Ha ha I told you I'd bring you over to the light!! Just get the dock extender if you wanna use a dock. I have one and it works great. The whole taking the case off thing isn't real good for it. LifeProof says that after 50 openings the waterproofness is compromised so ya wanna take it easy on that. I'm glad you took the chance and got one.

ok, so today I pulled a color swap. :eek: turns out I do like the pink better. My daugh decided to hold off. I'm doing my water test right now, and il probably install it to my phone tomorrow:) (or later if I really get impatient, lol)
I had no idea that there was a 50 opening limit for the case-I must've missed reading or watching that in all the vids for it. I'll def keep that in mind, thanks:)

I'm glad I decided to chance this again too. I'm hoping I'll be happy with it this time around than I was the first time:)

Imagine, if I put my pink LP on tomorrow and never changed my case again for a loooong while :eek: LOL considering I change my candy shell colors on a daily basis:eek:

Reactions: cyberpaw

bitrate

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought a LifeProof case early last month after I got my 4S and love it. My wife got a 4S yesterday and I convinced her to get one too, in purple (they only had black and white when I bought mine).

Kinda miss the bare iPhone look though, it's entirely too good-looking to be put in a case. Too fragile to not be be put in one though, lol.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought a LifeProof case early last month after I got my 4S and love it. My wife got a 4S yesterday and I convinced her to get one too, in purple (they only had black and white when I bought mine).

Kinda miss the bare iPhone look though, it's entirely too good-looking to be put in a case. Too fragile to not be be put in one though, lol.

100% agree, now only if they made a totally see through one.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I just order a SwitchEasy Trim case in red. I've heard good things about SwitchEasy and it looks promising. I have an OtterBox Commuter in Blue/White and it's awesome but I want something a little thinner that will still protect my phone. I also have 2 Incipio Feather's in transparent blue and black and 2 Incipio NGP's in the same colors.

Ok, hate break up all of the life proof love, but I am curious how case above held up. I have same case in black with no issues, but just ordered a white one. I am having problems finding tpu material that will not discolor in a few days. I am ok with a few months but not days.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
.....now only if they made a totally see through one.
:)i'll agree 100% with you there Shooter !! That would be awesome AND they could make the front rim and charging port door come in colors--perhaps black, gray and pink !!:D

:DI've also been using my pink LP since Saturday afternoon-i put it on my phone a little while after my 1 hour water test was complete. So far, not bad - i can say tho my one complaint is the sound is muffled--its not as bad as the first LP i tried back in Dec(? or beginning of Jan). But i did miss hearing 2 emails come in today, and i have my sound turned up all the way.

It also has been weird that i've had the same cover on my phone for the past couple of days....now thats not something i'm use to at all !!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
:)i'll agree 100% with you there Shooter !! That would be awesome AND they could make the front rim and charging port door come in colors--perhaps black, gray and pink !!:D

:DI've also been using my pink LP since Saturday afternoon-i put it on my phone a little while after my 1 hour water test was complete. So far, not bad - i can say tho my one complaint is the sound is muffled--its not as bad as the first LP i tried back in Dec(? or beginning of Jan). But i did miss hearing 2 emails come in today, and i have my sound turned up all the way.

It also has been weird that i've had the same cover on my phone for the past couple of days....now thats not something i'm use to at all !!

The sound is a little bit softer but I mean what can you expect from a fully sealed case. I'm glad you like it.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, hate break up all of the life proof love, but I am curious how case above held up. I have same case in black with no issues, but just ordered a white one. I am having problems finding tpu material that will not discolor in a few days. I am ok with a few months but not days.

I have had no discoloration and I have had them since October. Both of them look just as good as the day I bought them. I received my Switcheasy Trim last week and I must say, this case is awesome, it is probably my favorite, with the OtterBox coming in second then my Feather case. It's thin but also protects my phone and also fits in my Seidio charging dock perfectly. Now I'm contemplating getting a second Switcheasy Trim. I am super tempted to run my case naked though. It's a risk but just looks so damn sexy. I have AppleCare and I've never dropped my phone...any of my phones I've ever owned for that matter but I get scared that I will drop it.

Reactions: gvndeb60

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I sold my LifeProof on eBay because FaceTime and speakerphone became unusable, and I rely on those a lot. Then, I couldn't hear people at all even in a regular conversation anymore. I got a warranty replacement from LifeProof and it did the same thing, so I gave up. I need to use my phone as a phone on occasion. haha

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The sound is a little bit softer but I mean what can you expect from a fully sealed case. I'm glad you like it.

:)this is true, i can't argue that with you. I actually have become quite fond of the case now. I've had it on my phone since Saturday early evening--i took it off yesterday to use my white/pink OB defender to match my outfit for V Day, and then this morning i went right back to my LP case. I have to say, so far call quality, speaker phone and the touch screen itself have proven to work well. I haven't used it for face time yet this week so i'll know how that goes when my Dad/Mom call me via FT or vise versa. And i think overall, i'm getting used to the ringtones being softer, adjusting to it.

If i continue to go this route with the LP and find myself completely settled with this style case, i may consider another color, perhaps the white/gray--just to have a change once in a while. But, I'm still interested in the Vapor Comp as well. So only time will tell if i will invest in another LP or go with a Vap Comp:)

I can say, if anyone is looking for a waterproof, durable case--i would recommend giving the LP a shot indeed--you may like it:)

Reactions: cyberpaw

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
:)this is true, i can't argue that with you. I actually have become quite fond of the case now. I've had it on my phone since Saturday early evening--i took it off yesterday to use my white/pink OB defender to match my outfit for V Day, and then this morning i went right back to my LP case. I have to say, so far call quality, speaker phone and the touch screen itself have proven to work well. I haven't used it for face time yet this week so i'll know how that goes when my Dad/Mom call me via FT or vise versa. And i think overall, i'm getting used to the ringtones being softer, adjusting to it.

If i continue to go this route with the LP and find myself completely settled with this style case, i may consider another color, perhaps the white/gray--just to have a change once in a while. But, I'm still interested in the Vapor Comp as well. So only time will tell if i will invest in another LP or go with a Vap Comp:)

I can say, if anyone is looking for a waterproof, durable case--i would recommend giving the LP a shot indeed--you may like it:)

Glad you like it. You'll find that the gen 2 cases as they call them now have improved sound over the first gen cases. Also just remember what I said about compromising the waterproof seal after opening it too much. I have had all the colors and am back to black for now but I really loved the white.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Glad you like it. You'll find that the gen 2 cases as they call them now have improved sound over the first gen cases. Also just remember what I said about compromising the waterproof seal after opening it too much. I have had all the colors and am back to black for now but I really loved the white.

Thanks, and ya know I'm wondering if when I first tried the LP it was before Christmas-I didn't like it at all because the ringtones seemed really muffled--the one I just got last Saturday does seem to have improved sound indeed. So, I'm glad also that I decided to try it again.

I did rem what you said about the open/close of the case 50 times;) it actually did cross my mind when I switched just for V Day the other day.

As for the colors, I really like the purple as well, so perhaps I'll invest in the white & purple at some point in time. For now I can say I'm happy with the pink;) I tried posting pics of it yest using an enV3 camera, oh boy they weren't that great lol. I deleted the post.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm excited about the new LP colors coming out. Think I'll pick up a red one. I've opened my current one up too much, still waterproof but the port cover is rather squeaky now.

"The grandest irony of all is ego. Mans need for attention. But if man shifted his attention on everyone else, everyone's ego would be satisfied." - Me

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I had a Lifeproof case for just over a week. Just couldn't get used to it and sent it back today.

The screen showed every fingerprint, the audio quality was severely distorted through the case.

I am now trialling both a Griffin Survivor and OB Defender. At the mo, the Griffin has it, but not by much.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Wallace, I've been contemplating about a LP for sometime. I have been leaning away from it because they recommend not removing the case (something I like to do - I usually switch between 2, sometime 3, cases). Your feedback convinced me it'd the right move. I'm thinking about trying out a Seidio case for the new iPhone.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Wallace, I've been contemplating about a LP for sometime. I have been leaning away from it because they recommend not removing the case (something I like to do - I usually switch between 2, sometime 3, cases). Your feedback convinced me it'd the right move. I'm thinking about trying out a Seidio case for the new iPhone.

They rate it for 50 openings before integrity is compromised. I change my case a lot as well and have opened my LP at least 30 times, still water proof. Just don't snap it back together when you take it off.

And I've decided I'm going to get blue instead of red. That blue looks amazing.

"The grandest irony of all is ego. Mans need for attention. But if man shifted his attention on everyone else, everyone's ego would be satisfied." - Me