Looking for a new quality case

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have used an incipio case (don't know what kind, it has a silicone case and thin hard case over it), otterbox defender and ballistic hc cases, and I have a novelty spiderman case that only covers the back.

What I'm looking for is a case that is rather protective but not too bulky. I've always liked cases being slim. One of the main reasons for protection is that I dont have any insurance on my iPhone, that will change in a couple months. A holster/clip is a plus as well, or be able to go in and out of my pocket easily.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I should mention I'm using an iPhone 4 on Verizon, so the mute control doesn't sit right with my ballistic hc, otherwise it's my favorite case right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The case is a little longer but I really don't notice it. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about my phone at all cause it's fully protected in every way. The case is so much slimmer than the otterbox and it doesn't stick to your pocket at all, I really can't say enough good things about this case. I've taken mine snorkeling countless times and swimming at the pools, no dust gets in at work and I've dropped it a few times too and I can guarantee its saved my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpcpUKoE300&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-yelYLQAA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That'll give you a idea of how awesome they are.

hodie63

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
awesome cases

rokform.com
i just bought the rokbed V3, it is composite light weight and has some real nice accessories. and it doesn't cost a fortune. i tried their aluminum case but it killed my signal by 2-3 bars. so they finally made a composite line.
happy hunting.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just order a SwitchEasy Trim case in red. I've heard good things about SwitchEasy and it looks promising. I have an OtterBox Commuter in Blue/White and it's awesome but I want something a little thinner that will still protect my phone. I also have 2 Incipio Feather's in transparent blue and black and 2 Incipio NGP's in the same colors.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
+1 for lifeproof...I have used just about every single rugged case out there (defender for the 4 & 4s, ballistic hc, seidio convert combo, trident kraken 2), and the lifeproof is by far the best in my opinion. It's no more bulky than a simple snap on case is, heck it only adds 1/16th of an inch to the thickness of the phone. It's slightly longer but actually makes it easier to type in portrait this way IMO. It's pricey, especially with the belt clip ($120 total with tax from bestbuy), but if I added up all the money I've spent on other cases it's way more than that....and this ONE case fits all my needs. For work, I use the Belt clip and when I'm off it slides in my pocket as good as anything else. And as for the screen protector that's built in, yeah it sits off the screen a bit but no more than a defender does...and I've typed this entire reply using it with no problems.

Reactions: Shooter03

draztikrhymez

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a bumper, speck candy and how have a case crown coming tomorrow.

So far I didn't like the bumper cuz my aux cable didn't fit. Didn't like the speck because it was too shiny and slippery.

I prefer matte cases so I hope this new one does the job

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Y'all are missing out on a LifeProof, it's the bomb.

Magically beamed through the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Tried a speck? I love mine, not overly bulky and seems pretty damn protective. Actually ordering another one tonight.

I've tried several cases and the Speck is the best IMO.
I got the Speck PixelSkin HD

Tight fit and the edges don't get in the way of my fingers when typing on the far right or far left of the keyboard.

Good Luck

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Tried a speck? I love mine, not overly bulky and seems pretty damn protective. Actually ordering another one tonight.

I have to agree, Speck cs's are a great case-I have 8 colors & I ordered snakebite green on Tues - I'm hoping will be here today. I have tried a lot of cases, and I always come back to the candy shell now. :)

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree, Speck cs's are a great case-I have 8 colors & I ordered snakebite green on Tues - I'm hoping will be here today. I have tried a lot of cases, and I always come back to the candy shell now. :)

i thought your all about the otterbox's??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods