Looking for a new quality case

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
:)yes I am, but for the past almost 2wks I've been rockin my cs's :D they both are my fave type of case to use;)

Btw, I saw my local BestBuy had the LP in pink & purple :eek: I just *might* consider one again for the summer. Idk.

I agree i have 2 OB commuters and 2 Specks like the way the Speck fits but also like how the commuter isnt real bulky and shows the apple logo on the back lol!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
:)yes I am, but for the past almost 2wks I've been rockin my cs's :D they both are my fave type of case to use;)

Btw, I saw my local BestBuy had the LP in pink & purple :eek: I just *might* consider one again for the summer. Idk.

I will slowly but surely bring you over to the light aka LifeProof. Lol

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I will slowly but surely bring you over to the light aka LifeProof. Lol

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

Lol, we'll see. Also, did I see a post you made somewhere that you have the Purple LP? if so, when you use it, could I bother you to post a couple of pix of your phone in it - I'd like to see what it looks like. thanks, if you can:)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda liking the LP, it's just a matter if affording it, $100 on amazon and $80 at best buy, it's a bit tough atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I highly recommend getting a zagg shield and a speck candyshell perfect combo.

I only recommend the Zagg on black iDevice's it'll yellow around the home button on white iDevice's ... I recommend Steinheil ultra oleophobic for the white ones - have both on my 4S and iPad2 - love them

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've tried a bumper, speck candy and how have a case crown coming tomorrow.

So far I didn't like the bumper cuz my aux cable didn't fit. Didn't like the speck because it was too shiny and slippery.

I prefer matte cases so I hope this new one does the job

I love Speck CandyShell. My favorite 4S and MacBook cases.

You might like the non-slippery Speck CandyShell Satin case:

CandyShell Satin

or even the grip style:

CandyShell Grip

Last edited:

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I only recommend the Zagg on black iDevice's it'll yellow around the home button on white iDevice's ... I recommend Steinheil ultra oleophobic for the white ones - have both on my 4S and iPad2 - love them

Oh thank god you posted that. I was looking at the zagg for my white 4s and glad I didn't go to store before reading that.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol, we'll see. Also, did I see a post you made somewhere that you have the Purple LP? if so, when you use it, could I bother you to post a couple of pix of your phone in it - I'd like to see what it looks like. thanks, if you can:)

I've been slack on this post. I'll post some shots very soon.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
e2c4b853.jpg

Here ya go.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:DTyvm Shooter for posting those shots !! When you look at the case in the store locked away in the security box they put it in, its really hard to get a visual of how it actually looks on the 4S itself. This helped alot;)
In all honestly the past 2 days, i've really been considering going LP at least just for the summer months, as i do love my speck cs's as well & wouldnt want to push them aside completely:) I've even showed (one of)my daughters (who loves purple) the pix of your case, and she's *maybe* thinking about it too. If i buy it, she wants to see how it looks bulk wise on the phone before she invests her hard earned paper into one for herself. What i'll prob end up doing is let her try mine out for a few days to see what she thinks of it before i actually install it to my phone, and then she'll know if she wants one too:)

So, now, i just need to decide if i want to invest in the LP & if i'll actually use it because spending $80-85 on a case to sit majority of the time is not a good investment, lol.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, after much thought today, I've takin a drive over to Best Buy to look........and I've walked out with the purple LP. They did have all colors avail. Right now I'm currently doing the 1 hour water test-it's sitting in a pot with a desert plate weighing it down with 40 mins to go.

Two things I'm concerned with-the first LP I tried - 1) I had a hard time with hearing the ringtones through the sealed case & 2) if my daughter does decide to use this, she won't be able to dock her 4S on the iHome I gave her & taking the LP on/off every night could start to be a real PITA. So now, idk if she'll go for it either, or just give up the dock.

Well, time will tell, and again I have 30days with BB to return full refund if neither of us like it. worse case scenario, I may just keep it around to use in the summer months when were louging out backyard poolside:)

edit: my daugh decided not to use the LP for now, so I went back to check out the pink and decided I did like it better-so I made a color swap !! Pink it is for me:)

Last edited:

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Pink, I was hoping you would get a LP, so that you can give us the real handson review.
I have 3 questions already:
1. is the case slippery in your hands or does it have a texture - non-slippery?
2. how does the purple faceplate look on the white phone?
3. Does the flash work - or do you get a purple haze?

I think your daughter can still use dock without taking case off, which isn't good from what I hear - just needs dock extender.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you're worried about docking the LP, just get the extender. They show it on their site, but you can pick 'em up on Amazon or ebay. They work really well.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, after much thought today, I've takin a drive over to Best Buy to look........and I've walked out with the purple LP. They did have all colors avail, and as much as I like pink, the pink was even too pinkie for me lol. Right now I'm currently doing the 1 hour water test-it's sitting in a pot with a desert plate weighing it down with 40 mins to go.

Two things I'm concerned with-the first LP I tried - 1) I had a hard time with hearing the ringtones through the sealed case & 2) if my daughter does decide to use this, she won't be able to dock her 4S on the iHome I gave her & taking the LP on/off every night could start to be a real PITA. So now, idk if she'll go for it either, or just give up the dock.

Well, time will tell, and again I have 30days with BB to return full refund if neither of us like it. worse case scenario, I may just keep it around to use in the summer months when were louging out backyard poolside:)

Ha ha I told you I'd bring you over to the light!! Just get the dock extender if you wanna use a dock. I have one and it works great. The whole taking the case off thing isn't real good for it. LifeProof says that after 50 openings the waterproofness is compromised so ya wanna take it easy on that. I'm glad you took the chance and got one.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So I bought a LifeProof case, did the water test, it all checks out, definitely my favorite case, I highly recommend it.

Who sent that from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods