Candyshell with iHome?

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone out there happen to have a Candyshell case along with an iHome system? I don't want to have to remove the case of course every time to use the iHome...thanks!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:DI do !! I do !! :D lol.

Yes, I use the speck cs case and have the iHome model iD91 and I can mount my iPhone without any problems and don't need to remove the cover :)

It was what I was concerned about also when looking for a docking station for my iPhone. I actually got mine in bed, bath and beyond-and I was able to test out the display before I purchased it:) all is good. It's $99 and if you have a 20% coupon you'll save yourself $20 along with it:)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an Otterbox Defender on mine and bought an iHome because it clearly stated you didn't have to remove the case. Well. I did. The iPod icon on the iHome shows up but it won't play through the iHome unless I take the cover off. I'm uneasy about this because if my cats knock my phone off the dock, I'll wind up with a cracked screen. Anyone know of any iHome that WILL work with an Otterbox Defender? I bought the iHome iH11.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an Otterbox Defender on mine and bought an iHome because it clearly stated you didn't have to remove the case. Well. I did. The iPod icon on the iHome shows up but it won't play through the iHome unless I take the cover off. I'm uneasy about this because if my cats knock my phone off the dock, I'll wind up with a cracked screen. Anyone know of any iHome that WILL work with an Otterbox Defender? I bought the iHome iH11.

Laura, I just bought the iD91 on Monday and I can use my speck cs with it no problems. Now, tonight I'm changing around my cases again and putting on my OB defender--I will LYK if it docks ok with the case on it:)

I'll post back a little later for you;)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Laura, I just bought the iD91 on Monday and I can use my speck cs with it no problems. Now, tonight I'm changing around my cases again and putting on my OB defender--I will LYK if it docks ok with the case on it:)

I'll post back a little later for you;)

Awesome! Thanks.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
yvw EpicInUtah:D happy case shopping !! ;):D

Laura, I just docked my 4S on the ihome that I have - it was a little tricky because you have to hold open the dock tab on the defender, but it does work:) I took a ss of mine while docked so you can get a visual of it as well:)
1325639907.jpg

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: GingerSnapsBack

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Pink. Do u have a pink hard shell for the defender. It would look so cute with the white!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink. Do u have a pink hard shell for the defender. It would look so cute with the white!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

:D I suuuuuure do !! From my grey/pink defender set, and I plan on doing that combo as well;) I also have the purple/turquoise defender I can play with too:D

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
yvw EpicInUtah:D happy case shopping !! ;):D

Laura, I just docked my 4S on the ihome that I have - it was a little tricky because you have to hold open the dock tab on the defender, but it does work:) I took a ss of mine while docked so you can get a visual of it as well:)
Click to view quoted image

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

Awesome. I was told that anything for the iPads would dock with the iPhones with a Defender case on because of the extra room for the iPad bottom. I've about stretched my case out from taking it off and on so much. I use my iPod with the dock now.

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey, YW! You're the case authority... I just passed along the info! ;)
Lmao, I'm not so sure how I should take that "case authority" comment LOL:p I'm quite sure people that are lurking in this thread think I'm totally off my rocker !! :D

I have to say though, once the remaining of my cases show up-I will be done for a while. I'm pretty sure I have enough color combinations between my speck cs's and defenders to keep me "happy in case land" for a while;):)

Awesome. I was told that anything for the iPads would dock with the iPhones with a Defender case on because of the extra room for the iPad bottom. I've about stretched my case out from taking it off and on so much. I use my iPod with the dock now.

Thanks for the confirmation. :)
:)Yvw Laura, glad to help out. I haven't tried docking my iPad yet, but I may try that because I won't need to dock/charge my phone tonight. So my iPad can take a turn. If you want I can LYK how that went as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711