Ok I received an iPad 2 wifi for xmas and starting to use it, is everyone using a screen protector on the screen? What about using a case are there any that truly stand out, i did a search but did not see anything.

Is there any type of thumb drive reader that can be used with the iPad?

I have a bunch of movies on an external hard drive I watch on my macbook but iTunes will not let me use them to watch on the iPad, is there a work around or is that just iTunes ?

Thanks
    12-30-2011 07:45 PM
    I don't use a screen protector. No scratches. I use a Incase Snap in white with a gray smart cover. They are compatible together. All movies I have were loaded straight into iTunes via digital copies from Blurays.
    12-30-2011 08:06 PM
    I was using a Power Support screen protector on the iPad 1 and a Moshi screen protector on the iPad 2 that I had and plan on using either one of these on the 3 as well. They are a little more money than some of the cheaper protectors out there, but they are easy to apply and last a long time. The Moshi screen protectors are washable, so you can remove it to clean and then reapply.

http://store.moshimonde.com/ivisor-ag-ipad.html

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad-2.html

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    12-30-2011 08:16 PM
    I tried using a screen protector once but I really didn't like the feel of it. I have a case that has a flap that folds over the glass portion of the iPad it's made by incase. Can't bring myself to just only use a smart cover.
    12-31-2011 12:50 AM
    Hi,

For screen protectors I use... nothing. I have several tablets and we don't use any screen protectors on them, and theirs screens are as good as the day we bought them. The glass is like Gorilla glass, and with a nice case we have never had a need for one.

For a nice case we use the Cyber Acoustics Leather Folio. It is very nice, made of real leather and is nicely padded. Here is a linky-
    Cases, Covers, and Stands: IC-1002RD - Leather iPad 2 cover / case | By Cyber Acoustics

Hope this helped a bit.
    12-31-2011 02:03 AM
    I use a Incase Snap in white with a gray smart cover. They are compatible together.
    Where can we find this?
    TIA
    12-31-2011 03:17 PM
    Where can we find this?
    TIA
    Here's the link to the website Incase. The one I found is the snap in clear.

InCase Snap iPad2

Here's the white one in best buy:
    InCase Snap white at BestBuy.com

And here's a link to the smart covers for it:
    Apple Shop
    Last edited by Pink; 01-01-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    01-01-2012 05:29 PM

InCase Snap iPad2

Apple Shop
    Tks for the link Pink.

Good Luck
    01-01-2012 09:27 PM
    Tks for the link Pink.

Good Luck
    your welcome TT !! Happy shopping
    01-02-2012 06:18 PM
    Ok I received an iPad 2 wifi for xmas and starting to use it, is everyone using a screen protector on the screen?
    I am but, no, not everyone does. Consider how many millions of iPad users there are out there and how they don't all have the same preference. Do whatever works for you.

What about using a case are there any that truly stand out, i did a search but did not see anything.
    Yet another subjective matter. Read the existing threads or specify what would make a case "truly"stand out for you if you want suggestions.
    01-02-2012 08:21 PM

InCase Snap iPad2

Apple Shop
    One more question Pink,
    Does it have a smooth finish / slippery or can you get some traction when holding it.
    TIA
    01-06-2012 07:41 PM
    One more question Pink,
    Does it have a smooth finish / slippery or can you get some traction when holding it.
    TIA
    TT, TBH i really have no idea. i don't have these case(s) nor have i ever sought them out in a store to look at them. Sorry.

(i have the iPad1)
    01-06-2012 08:45 PM
    TT, TBH i really have no idea. i don't have these case(s) nor have i ever sought them out in a store to look at them. Sorry.

(i have the iPad1)
    Tks Pink,
    I ended up going to Best Buy today and picked up a Griffin leather folio that has the smart cover magnet feature. On sale for $24.
    Good Luck
    01-07-2012 10:27 PM
    Tks Pink,
    I ended up going to Best Buy today and picked up a Griffin leather folio that has the smart cover magnet feature. On sale for $24.
    Good Luck
    oh good !! Enjoy, and even better you got it on sale
    01-08-2012 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD