Lifeproof cases are of poor quality...

TreoWoman

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one with problems with the charger port opening (latch).

I am on my 3rd case new one (this week)
The other 2 had the same problem where the charger port opening (which is also the latch) cracks.
I do not abuse my phone, even the cases still looks brand new.
I do charge it a couple or few times a day. I don't use the externders you can buy as it seems like that even puts more stress around that area more than it should.

No one else has this kind of issue?

Jenna1313

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been getting a high pitched sound as well as a "thumping." I replaced my phone 3 times are u telling me its my case? It also has a pillowed effect at top and bottom. And can't end phone calls

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been getting a high pitched sound as well as a "thumping." I replaced my phone 3 times are u telling me its my case? It also has a pillowed effect at top and bottom. And can't end phone calls

Those are known issues in the early models if you bought from an authorized dealer they will replace your case free of charge for you.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Been considering giving the LifeProof a try. I'm nervous about all of the issues but Best Buy has an alright return policy. I'll just take advantage of that if necessary. :)

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I will have to disagree. I had a white lifeproof case for my 4S. Shortly after I picked up a 2nd job delivering newspapers. The ink on my hand got all over the phone and would not wash off. I contacted lifeproof asking if I could exchange for a black one and they responded promptly. They not only sent me a black one but they sent me another white one (on accident). And when I contacted them about the white one, they told me to just keep it!!

Suffice it to say, I have always been pleased with the build quality and customer service of lifeproof.

It's unfortunate that you have had some bad cases. I wouldn't take that experience to heart. Not everything, from every company is going to be perfect. Even Apple has devices that need to be returned and exchanged.

JCouncil

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I wish I read this blog prior to purchasing LifeProof cases, We followed all of the directions and when my daughter went to the beach this week water got in and ruined her iPhone. LifeProof will send me a new case, however the phone replacement is on me. Way to stand behind your product!

rex450se

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I love my LifeProof Nuud. I use it on my bicycle with the handlebar mount and with a set of JayBird BlueBuds X bluetooth headphones and I love the combo. And the phone i nice and secure when i go on the mountain bike trails that can get pretty hairy. It's locked in and not going anywhere.

Victor

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I wish I read this blog prior to purchasing LifeProof cases, We followed all of the directions and when my daughter went to the beach this week water got in and ruined her iPhone. LifeProof will send me a new case, however the phone replacement is on me. Way to stand behind your product!

They do. They are replacing the case. They never said they'd replace your phone.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Linkiepoo

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Did she test it without the phone first?? Also nothing can be 100% work and you are putting the phone in water at your own risk at 1st. I believed only bring it in the water if you happy to buy a new phone if the case fail one day.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Did she test it without the phone first?? Also nothing can be 100% work and you are putting the phone in water at your own risk at 1st. I believed only bring it in the water if you happy to buy a new phone if the case fail one day.

I was wondering if they tried the water test first as well

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro