I'm in the market for replacing the back cover of my phone as I want to get rid of the glass back. What are some sites that offer the back cover (actual piece you need not a skin or 'stick on')?

I found some at cnn, but would like to browse around before I make a decision. Found a black leather back that interested me, but would also like to see a brushed metal as well.

Anyone recommend some sites that offer them... preferably in the US for faster shipping?
    12-25-2011 05:57 PM
    CNN.cn seems to be the most reasonable place

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    12-25-2011 07:50 PM
    TiPb is also hosting a contest for a custom back plate, so you could get lucky and win. You could also order from the website that they are hosting the contest with. Here's the link:

http://www.tipb.com/2011/12/21/givea...backplate-mod/
    neur0tk likes this.
    12-25-2011 08:03 PM
    I ordered one and the camera/flash opening is slightly off resulting in funky shadows when using the flash.
    12-25-2011 11:17 PM
    I ordered one and the camera/flash opening is slightly off resulting in funky shadows when using the flash.
    ^ THIS. I bought one too and the difference in photo quality is night and day. I immediately put back on my OEM.
    12-26-2011 07:32 PM
    I bought one of the glass backs (pink) from United and I get the same flash fuzziness but it's not that big a deal since I rarely use the flash. I got my husband a black one and the flash photos are fine, which is perfect because his original back piece broke from a drop.

Pink from United

Black from United
    Last edited by LVMHgirl; 12-26-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    12-26-2011 08:11 PM
    not worth the problem for me.
    12-26-2011 09:42 PM
    Amazon is where I got mine

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-29-2011 08:56 PM
    I bought one of the glass backs (pink) from United and I get the same flash fuzziness but it's not that big a deal since I rarely use the flash. I got my husband a black one and the flash photos are fine, which is perfect because his original back piece broke from a drop.

Pink from United
    Click to view quoted image

Black from United
    Link to the united website? I cant seem to find anything on google searching for 'united' covers... I'm assuming that the name of the company?
    12-30-2011 03:22 AM
    Link to the united website? I cant seem to find anything on google searching for 'united' covers... I'm assuming that the name of the company?
    Yes, United iPhone Repair

http://store.unitediphonerepair.com/...lass-assembly/
    12-30-2011 06:47 AM

Pink from United

Black from United
    Total "D'Oh!" moment.

I was really bummed about not getting perfect photos with the pink back so I was wondering if I could just replace the flash diffuser or possibly adjust the camera lens. So, I was ready to take a closer look at the pink back and wiped the entire back with a cloth and noticed that in doing so, I made horizontal (gasp!) scratches on the camera lens. What? With a cloth? So I scraped the lens area with my fingernail and what do you know, there was a super thin piece of protective plastic on the lens cover - imperceptible until scratched by the cleaning cloth! My husband's black cover from United didn't have the additional plastic cover, so I didn't think to look for one on mine! (Although my pink back also had an extra plastic protective piece on the inside of the cover and the black did not.)

So I am happy to inform you that the pink back cover from United allows perfect photos, just like my original black back cover.

Whew!
    Last edited by LVMHgirl; 01-01-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    01-01-2012 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD