Otterbox Commuter

cole_bedsaul

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello, is this a good case? It is, because its otterbox. But would you reccomend it? im a 15 year old highschooler and i want a case that will stand out and look cool. I have a white 4s. Thanks all!

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you pocket your phone, I think the Commuter provides an excellent balance of looks, protection and functionality.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
With very few exceptions, all my students (high school) use Otterboxes - no matter what phone they've got. They are more prone to drops than anyone, and the Otterbox offers great protection and lots of color combinations.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I would say yes. They come in plenty of color combo choices for you to find something you'd like. That's actually the case I'm using right now. It adds a lot of protection without adding an absurd about of extra bulk.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
With very few exceptions, all my students (high school) use Otterboxes - no matter what phone they've got. They are more prone to drops than anyone, and the Otterbox offers great protection and lots of color combinations.

My senior has the OB Defender. I agree...great protection and looks cool. So many colors to choose. However, doesn't fit in the pockets as easy probably as the Commuter would.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The commuter offers protection with usability. Defender is more for heavy protection and adds a lot of bulk. The commuter has a slimmer design. Less protection however slides into the pocket easier and easily accessed ports are the trade off. Just got the pink and white otterbox commuter for my sister for Xmas! I'm sure she will be pleased. I did a lot of reading to decide which would be her best option. I hope I'm right

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about it being cool but I've been using the Commuter Case on my iPhone 4 and it's very pocketable and provides good protection. I drop my phone on a regular basis (not intentionally-just because I'm a clutz) and never had any damage to the phone.

Roll-N-Coal

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the commuter on mine. It protects the phone very well. Only thing I don't like is the hard shell part is very slick. I've laid it on my center console in my truck it slides when I take off. Something that didn't happen with my other phone I had with a more rubbery type case. That's one thing I gotta remember not to do. Other than that I really like it. Doesn't make my iPhone to bulky or hard to get in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got the white/blue Commuter case for my white iPhone, and I love it. It fits like a glove and offers great protection, too. If you have the white phone, I'd definitely check out the white/blue combo - looks pretty snazzy! :D

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the commuter on mine. It protects the phone very well. Only thing I don't like is the hard shell part is very slick. I've laid it on my center console in my truck it slides when I take off. Something that didn't happen with my other phone I had with a more rubbery type case. That's one thing I gotta remember not to do. Other than that I really like it. Doesn't make my iPhone to bulky or hard to get in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you there. It's abperfect case except the hard shell. However, when plugged into the port for charging, the rubber flap is opened and allows the case not to slip. I am pretty close to adding a small modification (small rubber self adhesive "thingamibob" from a desktop speaker mount I never used)so it doesn't slight.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The new style Commuter can be tough to hit the lock button. The silicone is now made stronger so it's a tougher push.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
My only complaint is the silicone wears out quickly. Otter has sent em 3 replacement within 7 months.

Otterbox customer service is very cool. I had them send me replacement parts (shell or silicon) for me Otterbox defender I had for my iphone 4.

I actually have a friend with an Otterbox commuter (old version)for his iphone 4. The silicon definitely seems more flimsy. On my otterbox commuter (new version) for my 4s, the silicon seems to be made more solidly.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Otterbox does have outstanding CS. Getting warranty replacements has always been a breeze. I wish all companies took a page from Otterbox and how CS should be.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Otterbox Commuter case for a couple of years now. The new one for the iP4s seems better made with stronger silicone. I just tried the Speck Candy Shell and really like it a lot. I will give it a little time and testing to see how it holds up.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I liked the candyshell too but it adds too much thickness for me.

I haven't found the perfect case for my 4S. I got an Otterbox defender for the 4S as a christmas present. I am not using it yet. The OC is what I have been using now. I like the form factor alot. However, winter is upon us and I am an avid skier and the OD would make me feel more safe using it with the 4S because my ski gloves will be able to hold it firmly when I use the 4S. With ski gloves on holding the 4S with an OC, I sometimes feel like the 4S will slip out of my hands.

scotiez

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I was using the commuter for a while. I have two cases, one all black and the other one is blue. The rubber in the black one is way to flimsey, and collects pocket lint like a magnet. My Blue one the case does not fit the rubber like the other one does, Makes the edges sharp and very hard to push the power wake button. Im rockin just a bumper case right now. I rarely drop my phone anyway. Otterbox is not for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner