Kenu Highline iPhone leash....

jjcasillas15

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Came across this on TIPB yesterday and thought it was pretty cool. Especially if you have a bad case of butter-fingers... Thought I would share this with the community. Wondering if anyone has this and what they think of it... It's a leash made out of kevlar coil for the phone. Basically a bungee cord that attaches to the phone and to anything you want to attach it to...

Kenu | Welcome

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I saw that and had visions of how my cats have frequently pulled the charge cord from my iPhone just by running into it. The charge port on the iPhone wasn't meant to support its weight.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've seen so many of this type of "leash" and can't believe they actually expect you to plug it into the charging port. One of my first BlackBerry's USB port stopped working, possibly due to damage to one of the pins in there and it was a nightmare to charge and sync until I was able to replace the phone. (Until my first cradle arrived, I had to swap out batteries with my husband's phone to charge them.) After that incident, I only charged my Blackberries with docks/cradle chargers and only used the USB port for sync.

I use a lanyard with all my phones. Most BlackBerries had a lanyard mount but for my 4S I attach the lanyard to the case. Works great with the Speck Candyshell.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's one attached to the bottom of my Speck Candyshell. Attaching it to the case works perfectly. People always come up to me and ask where I bought the lanyard and the case.

Incase used to make a leather case with a lanyard mount for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch. Don't know if they have one for the 4S/4.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Like the idea but I would just get pissed off when I dropped it and it just ripped out of the charging port! :eek: Definitely would prefer something like LVMHgirl posted though! In fact, I think I need to find something like it myself!

mikhuang

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply! I'm Michael, I helped make the Highline and have been using it daily with my iPhone 4S since I got it about 4 months ago.

Ginbill, I've drop tested it countless times, mostly to demo the that it's safe, and yes, my phone is fine. A friend I showed it to immediately used it to play Skip-It with her phone (um, not recommended). It's not going to come out from a simple drop.

Alli, current Apple charger cables have rounded hooks designed to easily remove from your iPhone. The hooks on the Highline are angled and so hold your phone snug. As cats have paws instead of opposable thumbs, they will not be able to remove Highline from your phone.

LVMHgirl, sorry to hear about your Blackberry experience. I was also concerned about the charging port when I first heard about the product concept. Fortunately, we were able to design something that won't damage your port under normal usage (stretching out the cord, dropping it). However, in our testing, using Highline to play tug of war is not a good idea (the port was still okay though!)

Again, sorry for the late post. Let me know if I can better answer any questions. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73