Who uses the Bumper Case for their Iphone?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
my bumper case fits very very snug around my iphone which i love. i notcied that where the outlet of the headphone goes in that area is rubber and can be easily moved and obviously does not have any plastic near it. is it suppose to be easily moved or what?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The one I got for free from apple was used plenty for a year. It just deteriorated after a year so I'm waiting for someone to buy me one :p

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
on amazon ive bought bumpers for $2-$3 that work just fine. ive always bought clear white and black thin plastic cases...those also work just fine..like $2.5 each. with these prices i change them every 2-3 months or so...

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
from experience, the cheap knockoff bumpers that can be found on ebay fit much tighter than the OEM apple bumper that was given to me for my iPhone 4. Both rub on the steel bands causing blemishes.

With my 4S, I don't use anything.. no cases/screen protectors.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i bought mine from apple and it fits amazing. i was just wondering if the piece near the headphone outlet is suppose to move a little because its rubbery and it will adjust to how big the jack is thats going in? its the only place on the case i can move a little. around the edges fit snug

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have 4 different Apple OEM bumpers and all fit great. The area by the head phones does move a little. I wouldn't be concernced. None of my bumpers have scratched my phone either as somebody else stated.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
my bumper case fits very very snug around my iphone which i love. i notcied that where the outlet of the headphone goes in that area is rubber and can be easily moved and obviously does not have any plastic near it. is it suppose to be easily moved or what?

Yes that is how it always is and that part will stretch out first depending how often you remove the bumper. That's what happened to mine and several friends. IMO that thing isn't worth $30, I got mine free from Apple. You can get a 5 pack of knock-off bumpers on ebay for just under $10 and have lots of color options. That's what I did. Currently on my third one and the remaining two should be enough to me to my next phone upgrade. I also think they fit a little more snug than the OEM ones.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes that is how it always is and that part will stretch out first depending how often you remove the bumper. That's what happened to mine and several friends. IMO that thing isn't worth $30, I got mine free from Apple. You can get a 5 pack of knock-off bumpers on ebay for just under $10 and have lots of color options. That's what I did. Currently on my third one and the remaining two should be enough to me to my next phone upgrade. I also think they fit a little more snug than the OEM ones.

Users who have 4S's have to be careful of buying knock offs. Many OEM like knock offs only fit the 4.

jono119

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
i use the apple bumper for my 4s and i love it... i had the green one but returned it for a black one because within a week it became very discolored.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
yes i have the white one from apple and it fits perect very snug. and like sting7k said the headphone jack area does move a tiny bit nothing crazy though. i think that is because there is not that much plastic in the area of the headphone jack. anybodys elses move a little where the rubber is near the headphone jack?

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
yes i have the white one from apple and it fits perect very snug. and like sting7k said the headphone jack area does move a tiny bit nothing crazy though. i think that is because there is not that much plastic in the area of the headphone jack. anybodys elses move a little where the rubber is near the headphone jack?

Mine did the same thing, it's nothing to worry about.

One warning: don't remove the bumper and put it back on if you can help it, it will start to stretch out.

Also don't plan on the white bumper staying white very long.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
One quick tip.... My Apple bumper lightly scratched the metal band. The solution I would like to pass along to all of you is to lightly rub/clean the inside of the bumper with a silicon gun cloth. It not only cleans the dust off, but prevents scratches. Works great.

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
One quick tip.... My Apple bumper lightly scratched the metal band. The solution I would like to pass along to all of you is to lightly rub/clean the inside of the bumper with a silicon gun cloth. It not only cleans the dust off, but prevents scratches. Works great.

The same thing happened to mine after about 6 months of use I was constantly cleaning it to to keep debris out of it but it scratched my antenna bands pretty good

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so when you guys were cleaning your bumpers how often were you taking them off your phones? someone said earlier not to keep taking them off and on because they scratch. also do you guys know what im talking about with the headphone jack area? does that area seem to move/stretch a little more than the other areas?

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
so when you guys were cleaning your bumpers how often were you taking them off your phones? someone said earlier not to keep taking them off and on because they scratch. also do you guys know what im talking about with the headphone jack area? does that area seem to move/stretch a little more than the other areas?

You worry way too much.

I didn't have a problem with the metal scratching. I removed the bumper maybe every six weeks or so to clean it out on the inside.

If you clean it regularly you shouldn't have an issue with scratching, but if you remove it too often it will start to stretch out and won't fit the phone right after awhile. Basically that's why I didn't buy another bumper and went with a CandyShell instead.

As far as the loose area near the headphone jack is concerned, see above.

ElwinAdam

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I use a Vapor pro aluminum bumper for my iPhone 4s it looks sick and even though you may not think so it protects the phone really well i dropped my phone in class today and it cut the floor lol....i cleaned it off and got two really tiny little like super tiny little scratches on it...its sick

MrTurner90

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I use a Vapor pro aluminum bumper for my iPhone 4s it looks sick and even though you may not think so it protects the phone really well i dropped my phone in class today and it cut the floor lol....i cleaned it off and got two really tiny little like super tiny little scratches on it...its sick

Have you had any signal issues with the vapor? I've been contemplating getting the white one but I read it interferes with signal??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73