I know this has been hashed out way too many times already; but I wanted to share my experiences. I have a slight case addiction as it appears many others do as well. I've always loved otterbox products and almost swear by them. Almost...

The thing about the defender that kills me is dust between the protective membrane and my 4s screen. I hate it, too OCD I guess. I tried a reflex and really liked it. However, the reflex scratched my antenna.

My solution is SGP front and rear protectors and sometimes a bumper. Mostly naked, or at least no case most of the time. I still keep a defender with the membrane removed around for occasional use. That's it, done.
    12-05-2011 05:17 PM
    Not that I'm enabling your addiction...but have you looked at the LifeProof case?
    12-05-2011 05:37 PM
    Life proof looks tempting to me tbh

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    12-05-2011 05:54 PM
    The LifeProof case is amazing in every way...except if you listen to music on your device. I HATE having to unscrew the cap and then screw in the dongle. I listen to audio books in my car and having to do this 2-4 times a day is a nightmare, but I love the case sooooo much!
    12-05-2011 06:17 PM
    Lol @ Alli

The Lifeproof is very interesting. There is just something about it that turns me away. I've had one in my hand twice at my local Best Buy. Always leave without it though.
    12-05-2011 09:20 PM
    I say stay away from lifeproof. The case I had was horrible. I returned it within 15 mins to best buy
    12-05-2011 10:47 PM
    Why was it so horrible?
    12-05-2011 10:48 PM
    There are many different cases out there as you know. Not everyone loves every case. For every one who dislikes lifeproof there are many who love it. I am one of those people who love it. Sleek and protects my phone from the elements. Go to best buy and try it. If you don't like it then return.
    Last edited by Phreddyl; 12-05-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    12-05-2011 11:15 PM
    Have you looked at the OtterBox commuter? Silicone layer on the inside with a plastic shell. I love mine

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    12-06-2011 12:10 AM
    Love my incipio ngp and it's only $20 at Walmart :-)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    12-06-2011 12:30 AM
    I'm seriously all about lifeproof cases, I have a white gen 2 case and it's awesome. here's a little reason why. plus i work with earth-moving machines and i was constantly cleaning dust out of my otterbox but i havent had to take this case of once since i got my new iphone 4s. its so worth the money for the peace of mind.
    12-06-2011 01:54 AM
    For those of you who like the life proof case what about some of the complaints people have about the gap between the protective screen and the touch screen on the iphone, and does the iphone heat up while charging being its total inclosed with no breathing room. Has anyone had any issues from this, I have been thinking about that myself. Right now i am using the Mophie juice pack plus but i really don't need the extra power, I easily get through my day on just the power from my iphone.
    12-06-2011 05:54 AM
    For those of you who like the life proof case what about some of the complaints people have about the gap between the protective screen and the touch screen on the iphone, and does the iphone heat up while charging being its total inclosed with no breathing room. Has anyone had any issues from this, I have been thinking about that myself. Right now i am using the Mophie juice pack plus but i really don't need the extra power, I easily get through my day on just the power from my iphone.
    In my review (link back in post 2 of this thread), I commented on the gap between the screen and screen. It's minimal, and on my iPhone I only notice it in the upper left-hand quadrant.

I charge overnight every night and there's no heat in the morning.
    12-06-2011 06:47 AM
    Have you looked at the OtterBox commuter? Silicone layer on the inside with a plastic shell. I love mine

Right now, I have both an Otterbox defender and an Otterbox Commuter 4S. I used an Otterbox defender for the 4 and it did get dusty between the membrane. I have been using an Otterbox commuter for the 4S and can verify its great. I like how it retains the sleek form factor of the 4S (not bulky like the Defender) and it still feels protected.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-06-2011 07:12 AM
    I went and bought the Otterbox commuter from best buy yesterday. I really like it. I decided to put the Mophie juice pack plus up for sale on ebay since i don't need it. I have plenty of battery in my iPhone to last all day long for me.
    12-07-2011 10:28 PM
    Right now, I have both an Otterbox defender and an Otterbox Commuter 4S. I used an Otterbox defender for the 4 and it did get dusty between the membrane. I have been using an Otterbox commuter for the 4S and can verify its great. I like how it retains the sleek form factor of the 4S (not bulky like the Defender) and it still feels protected.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it doesn't look like the new defenders seal up as well as the old ones did. The commuter is a good compromise between protected and accessible IMHO.

12-09-2011 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD