Which external battery is the best?

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I want to know to get one for Christmas, so which battery pack is the best in terms or life, design, bulkiness, and protection.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering the same. I don't see what makes the mophie so much more expensive than the boost case. Almost half price!!

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been researching just about every iPhone4 battery case I can find.... and the bad news is that none of them really stands out as the best. Long story short, the Mophie might have the best battery capabilities but the micro-USB charging port breaks easily (as reported by numerous consumers). The Boost is the next best but it seems to lose its charging capabilities over a few months. The rest tend to lose their charging capacities even quicker or have issues with the cases snapping when putting together/taking apart. If anyone has actually bought one of these that would be helpful to hear your thoughts.

scotiez

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Well i have the Mophie Juice pack plus, I think the build quality is very good and i have not had any problems with the usb charging port. I think the problems where they break has been on the Juice pack air, the sides of the juice pack air is plastic where the Juice pack plus is more like rubber. I also like the juice pack plus because it has buttons for the volume, and sleep wake buttons are built in and makes it very nice and natural to use, Just like using the phone with no case at all. The others that i have seen have deep cut outs that make it difficult to push the buttons. Also the Mophie directs the sound to the front instead of the bottom and makes the sound alot better, kinda like its own little speaker box. Sure the price maybe more then the others but i think the quality and ease of use is well worth it. I would def buy one again if something ever happened to this one. I get 3 to 4 days of use between the phone and juice pack plus before i have to plug it in to recharge. I could get by with out having a external battery pack at all, but on those days when i am a very heavy user it sure is nice having that extra juice for when you need it.
as for added bulk at 1st you notice it, but after a while its nothing. Doesn't bother me at all, In fact if i take my iphone out of the mophie i feel like i am holding an egg and don't want to break it. The mophie makes if feel alot nicer to handle and alot more rugged. I think most people would be very happy with the mophie. Spend your money wisely and on something that you would like instead of buying something cheaper and having difficulty in using.

Last edited:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hubby uses a Mophie Juice Pack Plus. He loves it.

He got the one for $99.95 which has an additional 3 hours of battery life (as compared to the original juice pack air at $79.95). Pretty heavy duty case too.

Last edited:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hubby uses a Mophie Juice Pack Plus. He loves it.

He got the one for $99.95 which has an additional 3 hours of battery life (as compared to the original juice pack air at $79.95). Pretty heavy duty case too.

FYI: the mophie original juice pack air is currently on sale at Best Buy for $59.99 (regularly $79).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberdragon505