Magpul Field Case Review

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Love this post and your gun, I have a friend rocking that case thik in gonna get one to now . And the gun very nice choice. I'm rocking a gen 3 glock 17 and soon to have an xdm 40.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Love this post and your gun, I have a friend rocking that case thik in gonna get one to now . And the gun very nice choice. I'm rocking a gen 3 glock 17 and soon to have an xdm 40.

I love the g23 and I love the .40 caliber period. It's snappy, it has an attitude that is addicting. Although certain circumstances may force me to sell a gun and that one is expendable.

Glad you all like the review and the case, it's definitely hard to beat at the price.

Heifzilla

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Got my pink Magpul case today and it's great. It's a much darker pink than I expected, which is a good thing. I was worried it would be too baby pink for me, and I am not a baby pink kind of gal. I like hot pinks, and this case is hot pink. I'm posting some pics of it. It doesn't look very hot pink in the ones without flash (i.e. the closeups), but when I took the two with flash it really made the pink pop and the color looks much more like it really does, but it really is even a richer pink in real life, I just couldn't get the pics to show the exact color. If you have a girl who likes hot pink, she will love the color of this case. I have a wrap on the case and a Lucky Labs "carbon" on the back and it fits into the Magpul case just fine. This is totally a case I will use again and again.

Click the pics for bigger views.

Magpul Field Case by heifzilla, on Flickr

Last edited:

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks great. When I get my 4S I'll be ordering an orange Magpul field case.

Just wondering if I should go with a White or Black iPhone.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Looks great. When I get my 4S I'll be ordering an orange Magpul field case.

Just wondering if I should go with a White or Black iPhone.

Based only on the Magpul case, and nothing else, the white iPhone looks awesome with the orange Magpul case. The colors look right together. Rodger3gs on this site has some really great pictures of a white iPhone in an orange Magpul case. I hope he doesn't mind me hotlinking his great pics. His review and these pictures are the reason I bought the Magpul case in the first place, and why orange was the first color I bought (Field Exec though, not Field Case).

7746718.jpg

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
What's the protection like in comparison to say otterbox or speck?

I haven't seen the Speck, so I can't compare, but it's less than an Otterbox. The Otterbox is a lot of case. The Magpul is very form fitting and adds little bulk, but the trade off is less protection than something like an Otterbox.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen the Speck, so I can't compare, but it's less than an Otterbox. The Otterbox is a lot of case. The Magpul is very form fitting and adds little bulk, but the trade off is less protection than something like an Otterbox.

Yea my speck doesn't have quite the protection the otterbox provides but it's pretty damn well built if I ever drop it with minimal damage.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My field case arrived today, a day early. I put it on and instantly loved the fit. It's so far from bulky that it's funny. I love this thing already. The translucent Incipio NGP might not make its way back on my 4!! And, I can put it right in my dock with the case on!!!

I'm so glad I stumbled across this review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
My field case arrived today, a day early. I put it on and instantly loved the fit. It's so far from bulky that it's funny. I love this thing already. The translucent Incipio NGP might not make its way back on my 4!! And, I can put it right in my dock with the case on!!!

It is a hidden gem!

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
What's the protection like in comparison to say otterbox or speck?

As said its less than an Otterbox, but this case does have a solid feel and it's taken a few hits.

It is a great case and the price makes it better.

It is a hidden gem!

I think so as well. Magpul isn't a company that a lot of people know about and those that do probably would not think of them making iPhone cases. Hopefully others will see the reviews and it will get more exposure.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I am interested in trying one of the field cases, but has a question for those with the pink version: does anyone notice any problem with taking pictures. I was reading a review where someone that hadd the pink was getting a pink glare on their pictures. Also, which of the other Magpul case colors looks good with the white phone?

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am interested in trying one of the field cases, but has a question for those with the pink version: does anyone notice any problem with taking pictures. I was reading a review where someone that hadd the pink was getting a pink glare on their pictures. Also, which of the other Magpul case colors looks good with the white phone?

Not sure about the camera question, but as far as which one goes with the white case, I think the Orange, Foliage, and Flat Dark Earth cases look really good with the white iPhone.

Heifzilla

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I have a white 4S and I do get a bad pink glare when using the flash. However, it is only on pics that are at a distance, not closeups. I've attached a couple of pictures to show what I mean. I don't take a lot of distance pictures with flash at this point, so I can live with it because otherwise this is an awesome case.

I have this same issue with some of my other cases as well, except the color is a white washout instead of pink. Nature of the beast with the white iPhone 4S and certain cases, I guess :(

Heif

Case on, close up with flash.
6545568871_7956b0f14f.jpg

Case on, distance picture with flash.
6545568511_b3ef99b21b.jpg

Case removed, distance picture with flash.
6545615001_7310532ed4.jpg

Reactions: cyberpaw

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods