Looks great. When I get my 4S I'll be ordering an orange Magpul field case.

Just wondering if I should go with a White or Black iPhone.
    12-17-2011 04:25 PM
    Looks great. When I get my 4S I'll be ordering an orange Magpul field case.

Just wondering if I should go with a White or Black iPhone.
    Based only on the Magpul case, and nothing else, the white iPhone looks awesome with the orange Magpul case. The colors look right together. Rodger3gs on this site has some really great pictures of a white iPhone in an orange Magpul case. I hope he doesn't mind me hotlinking his great pics. His review and these pictures are the reason I bought the Magpul case in the first place, and why orange was the first color I bought (Field Exec though, not Field Case).

12-18-2011 01:31 AM
    What's the protection like in comparison to say otterbox or speck?
    12-18-2011 02:03 AM
    I haven't seen the Speck, so I can't compare, but it's less than an Otterbox. The Otterbox is a lot of case. The Magpul is very form fitting and adds little bulk, but the trade off is less protection than something like an Otterbox.
    12-18-2011 02:19 AM
    I haven't seen the Speck, so I can't compare, but it's less than an Otterbox. The Otterbox is a lot of case. The Magpul is very form fitting and adds little bulk, but the trade off is less protection than something like an Otterbox.
    Yea my speck doesn't have quite the protection the otterbox provides but it's pretty damn well built if I ever drop it with minimal damage.
    12-18-2011 07:52 AM
    My field case arrived today, a day early. I put it on and instantly loved the fit. It's so far from bulky that it's funny. I love this thing already. The translucent Incipio NGP might not make its way back on my 4!! And, I can put it right in my dock with the case on!!!

I'm so glad I stumbled across this review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mistah_mumford; 12-19-2011 at 05:48 PM.
    12-19-2011 05:27 PM
    My field case arrived today, a day early. I put it on and instantly loved the fit. It's so far from bulky that it's funny. I love this thing already. The translucent Incipio NGP might not make its way back on my 4!! And, I can put it right in my dock with the case on!!!

It is a hidden gem!
    12-19-2011 06:59 PM
    As said its less than an Otterbox, but this case does have a solid feel and it's taken a few hits.

It is a great case and the price makes it better.

It is a hidden gem!
    I think so as well. Magpul isn't a company that a lot of people know about and those that do probably would not think of them making iPhone cases. Hopefully others will see the reviews and it will get more exposure.
    12-20-2011 01:55 PM
    I am interested in trying one of the field cases, but has a question for those with the pink version: does anyone notice any problem with taking pictures. I was reading a review where someone that hadd the pink was getting a pink glare on their pictures. Also, which of the other Magpul case colors looks good with the white phone?
    12-20-2011 04:01 PM
    I am interested in trying one of the field cases, but has a question for those with the pink version: does anyone notice any problem with taking pictures. I was reading a review where someone that hadd the pink was getting a pink glare on their pictures. Also, which of the other Magpul case colors looks good with the white phone?
    Not sure about the camera question, but as far as which one goes with the white case, I think the Orange, Foliage, and Flat Dark Earth cases look really good with the white iPhone.
    12-20-2011 04:15 PM
    Hopefully Heifzilla can chime in with the pink answer. But I haven't had any issues with the black case.
    12-20-2011 05:11 PM
    Yes, I have a white 4S and I do get a bad pink glare when using the flash. However, it is only on pics that are at a distance, not closeups. I've attached a couple of pictures to show what I mean. I don't take a lot of distance pictures with flash at this point, so I can live with it because otherwise this is an awesome case.

I have this same issue with some of my other cases as well, except the color is a white washout instead of pink. Nature of the beast with the white iPhone 4S and certain cases, I guess

Heif

Case on, close up with flash.

Case on, distance picture with flash.

Case removed, distance picture with flash.
    cyberpaw likes this.
    12-20-2011 05:12 PM
    Any issues with the orange?
    12-20-2011 06:39 PM
    Husband is out of town but when he comes back I will do a test of the orange for you.

Heif
    LSglock89 likes this.
    12-20-2011 07:03 PM
    I have had the wash out w/ the flash on the OD green as well.
    12-20-2011 07:38 PM
    those having issues with the flash- are you using a white iphone? Hiefzilla- i see you have a white- what about the rest of you? I have a black case with no issues, but want to order an orange and a pink for my GF. We both have black phones, so I am hoping this is a phone issue and not a case issue.

Thanks
    12-21-2011 05:55 PM
    I have used the orange case on a white iPhone 4 and a black iPhone 4s with no flash problems.
    12-21-2011 06:40 PM
    Mine arrived this week and Have to say it works really well, I like this case better than most cases I have tried on other peoples phones.
    12-24-2011 02:27 AM
    Mine arrived this week and Have to say it works really well, I like this case better than most cases I have tried on other peoples phones.
    It's a great case for sure. It gives a good amount of protection considering how much bulk it does not add.
    12-24-2011 03:21 AM
    Sorry this has taken so long to post, things have been busy.

I took a pic with hubby's white 4s with his orange Magpul case on and also one with my pink case. The orange has WAY less flash bounce than the pink. There's a slight orange cast to his picture, but it's not super noticable, at least when compared to the pink case.

Here are the pics:

Orange:

Pink:

HTH!

Heif
    cyberpaw likes this.
    12-29-2011 03:45 PM
    Would you be able to post a picture taken without a case as a comparison? The pink definitely adds a noticeable tint to the photos. The orange almost makes for warm colors, rather than a tint.
    12-29-2011 05:12 PM
    Ok, so I took more pics with the cases on and this time the room was pretty dark. And the orange case was just as horrible as the pink. So I guess there's just going to be a lot of issues with these cases and the white 4s using a flash. I don't understand why the flash looks ok closeup (as shown in my earlier post) but so horrible at distance.

Orange with case on:

Orange with case off (still has some weird fading up in the upper left):

Pink with case on:

Pink with case off:

One more with the orange case on:
    Last edited by Heifzilla; 12-29-2011 at 06:52 PM.
    12-29-2011 06:45 PM
    i just got my orange case today, have a black phone and I have a orange tint with the flash also. Disappointing since I really like the orange case.
    12-29-2011 06:53 PM
    i just got my orange case today, have a black phone and I have a orange tint with the flash also. Disappointing since I really like the orange case.
    Apple needs to work on this. I've had other phones for years with all sorts of cases and flashes and never had any issues like this. It's not just these cases, it's any case that gets close to the flash/lens.
    12-29-2011 06:56 PM
    anyone have issues with the executive case? I have a black one with no issues- I think it may just be that the field case is thicker and causing the flash issue. I am going to return my new orange and pink field cases, and would like to get the exec case if that will solve the problem.

What do you all think?
    12-29-2011 08:00 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD