Recommend me a case

fdsafdsa33

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I need a case for my iphone4s with a "lay on the table design"preferably not silicone,not too bulky,and under $40...anyone know of one?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'll bet if iyou surf through the Accessories forum, where this thread is now located, you'll find plenty of options recommended.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am a case snob. I don't often use one because I cant find one that I 100% love. The Case-Mate Barely There is one of my top ones (98%), but that wont give you any lay on the table. It also sometimes has the flash issue on night photos. Right now I am using an official Apple bumper (92%) and the silicone type material on it is great. I pocket my iPhone so I need a case that wont stick and the Bumper works great. I have a SGP screen shield on the front and back of my phone so I am not worried about out only having the edges protected.

DamienTyler

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I am a case snob. I don't often use one because I cant find one that I 100% love. The Case-Mate Barely There is one of my top ones (98%), but that wont give you any lay on the table. It also sometimes has the flash issue on night photos. Right now I am using an official Apple bumper (92%) and the silicone type material on it is great. I pocket my iPhone so I need a case that wont stick and the Bumper works great. I have a SGP screen shield on the front and back of my phone so I am not worried about out only having the edges protected.

Check out the incipio feather case. I am the same way, really don't like cases on my iPhones, but I would say the feather is 100%

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
lm leaning towards a speck candyshell right now..anyone have one and can tell me advantages/disadvantages?

I just bought a candyshell and I really like it. It gives full protection and has the raised front to keep the screen off of surfaces. I even found a discount code that took the price down to $28 shipped. Code: goodbetterspeck

I bought the moonsuit for my white phone and am seriously considering another, more colorful one, for fun.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The Candyshells are great! I have one for my iPod Touch, but I've never used it for an iPhone.

I love the OtterBox Defender case, but if you are looking for sleek and low profile - it's far from that!!

leharris22: What kind of iSkin case did you get? I was looking at getting the iSkin Aura case, but I read on their Facebook page that the case easily scratches and isn't very protective. iSkin's response to the comments were a little disheartening too - they said the case isn't made to be durable/scratch resistant, it's made to be thin. One of the drawbacks of using the aluminum that they use is it scratches very easily.

furygoalbrtis39

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
By the way, of anyone here had a candyshell flip, does it push ur power button?
It does it when I put the flip back on

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
My Griffin case is very nice. Bought it at the Verizon store, and came out to be $20.
It has a strong silicone bumper (it doesn't seem like it will stretch over time), while the back is clear plastic. The silicone sticks out far enough so you don't have to worry about scratches if you lay your phone on a table face down.

The white version gets very dirty, I would get the black version.

More details, all buttons are covered with protruding silicone, which makes them easy to press.
The headphone jack opening has enough space for large AUX cables.
The opening for the silence switch is perfectly sized.
The opening for the 30-pin connector is the perfect size for the Apple 30-pin cable, but nothing larger will fit with the case on.
The case also comes with a stand, handy for watching videos/slideshows/ect.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox