High Quality Screen Protector?

aandrewalv8

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Ghost Armor and ZAGG Invisible Shield and since I have a white iPhone they turned blue from my jeans. Does the "Ant-glare effect it a lot? Or just a little bit?

@JJCas15 The Invisible Shield isn't going to stop your phone from breaking when you drop it, it's only going to stop from scrathes

Frenzytom

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Ghost Armor and ZAGG Invisible Shield and since I have a white iPhone they turned blue from my jeans. Does the "Ant-glare effect it a lot? Or just a little bit?

@JJCas15 The Invisible Shield isn't going to stop your phone from breaking when you drop it, it's only going to stop from scrathes

I can't say for the SGPs but the Power Support ones I helped put on for a few people had a blurry effect on the screen. It does keep the fingerprints to a minimum but lose some of the sharpness of the Retina Display. I would say on a scale of 1-5 for sharpness, it would be like a 3.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I I highly recommend Power Support. I have Power Support for both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. They also have anti-glare screen protectors. Try it out. Good luck!!!

I just installed the HD anti-glare protector this morning.. was a bit of a pain as I couldn't get it to align just right with the sides.. finally got in on and so far, so good. We'll see how it holds up. Have not yet tried it outside to test the anti-glare, but will when I go out for lunch. Cool thing is that it came with two (2) screen protectors! Now I have a spare!!! Woot!

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't say for the SGPs but the Power Support ones I helped put on for a few people had a blurry effect on the screen. It does keep the fingerprints to a minimum but lose some of the sharpness of the Retina Display. I would say on a scale of 1-5 for sharpness, it would be like a 3.

Which did you put on? I didn't see a difference with the crystal version. In fact it look like it wasnt even on.

jjcasillas15

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Umm.. Thanks I would of never of known that... lol.

I've had it in a ElementCase Vapor Pro case since I got the iPhone 4s but wanted to go "naked" for a bit. Deathly afraid of getting scratches on it so thats why I wrapped it in the Zagg. I've used them before so wasnt a big hassle to appy.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the HD anti-glare protector this morning.. was a bit of a pain as I couldn't get it to align just right with the sides.. finally got in on and so far, so good. We'll see how it holds up. Have not yet tried it outside to test the anti-glare, but will when I go out for lunch. Cool thing is that it came with two (2) screen protectors! Now I have a spare!!! Woot!

It will hold up real well. I've had the same one on my 3GS for a year now and it still looks like it did the day I applied it. I got my PS HD screen savers in the mail today and just got done applying it with no problem. The trick is to line up the home button first and let the rest of the screen protector fall into place. I like the new HD protectors, however, as with all anti glare it does diminish the display quality very slightly. I really like the way my finger glides across the screen now and seems to pick up few if any fingerprints that I can see.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
^^^ Well after playing with the phone a bit today after installing the Power Support HD anti-glare protector, i gotta say i really like it. I like the feel of it and how my finger glides across the screen. I doesn't diminish the clarity much at all.. overall.. i'm satisfied with it!

aandrewalv8

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Are those non fingerprint, antiglare screen protectors garbage for the retina display? I mean those screen protectors that look like there is no fingerprints even when the screen is off?

mpossoff

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've spent a lot of money looking for the best screen shields it's not even funny. The best screen shields in my opinion are PureTek shields from Pure Gear. They are the thinnest on the market at .2 mm thick. I haven't been able to find thinner. They are crystal clear therefore you don't even know you have a screen shield on. Why is being thin important? If you're like me you like to switch cases. I use an Otterbox Defender during the week because of my work environment. Friday afternoons at 3 PM when I get home from work I either go naked or switch out to an Apple bumper or a case that is very minimal in protection. Since I like front and back protection either naked the PureTek shields are compatible with the Defender. So far I haven't found front/back shields that will work with the Defender except PureTek.

Heifzilla

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
My favorite screen protector skin is from Best Skins Ever. Easy to put on (yes, requires a "wet" install, but really barely any water at all) and really easy to reposition in the first few minutes if you need to. Their customer service is excellent, too, and their prices are great. I had one on my BB 9700, my EVO Shift, and also on my Transformer tablet. There is no orange peel effect with these skins, either. I haven't ordered one for my 4s yet, but only because I have an Otterbox with an included protector (and I missed BSE's 40% off sale yesteday, boo!). But since I am a case 'ho and like to change them a lot, I am sure at some point I will get a case that doesn't have a build in protector and I will need one. I won't use any other skins anymore except BSE.

Heif

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't say enough about how happy i am with my Power Support Crystal. This is my first iphone and first screen protector so i don't have anything to compare it with but i did my best research and pretty much bought it on the strength of this video which also has a nice demo of an install Power Support Crystal Clear for iPhone 4 - YouTube Granted i misaligned mine doing it top to bottom. Second time i did the home button first and it was perfect.

It is crystal clear and clarity was my priority. Mostly because i was so impressed with the retina display that had no interest in making it less clear with an anti-glare. I've heard that that happens with the anti-glare versions. I don't care much about glare. But the crystal feels smooth as glass. but most stores, apple included only carry the anti-glare versions. The crystals are available online but i got it from their store in Venice Beach, CA. $14.95. I've had it on for about 3 weeks and it looks perfect. no bubbling whatsoever. the edges aren't coming up one bit and i use no case. One thing mine has an extra hole above the earpiece opening. I'm almost positive this is a new thing meant to prevent proximity sensor problems because it the exact shape of the white proximity whole. i have a black iphone 4s so it looks a bit weird because it doesn't have that same visible sensor opening but i guess better then a nonworking sensor. But unless you look close the darn thing is almost invisible. Oh and a Dry install and this thing sticks like it's super glued.

I will say if you take something hard to it it will slightly scratch. i did this to see if it would hold up, but the screen is well protected. and the scuff is barely visible. But it protects the screen and that's what i wanted.

A great tip for removing lint/dust (which i got since i had to remove it and do it over) is using scotch tape to lift it and a piece of tape pressed against the screen to remove the dust. Great tip as shown here. I tried it it fricken actually worked. iPhone 4 Anti-Glare Troubleshooting (Power Support USA) - YouTube

if you're interested in antiglare the same guy does a demo of that here Power Support HD anti-glare Install & Review - YouTube For the record this isn't me in the videos. But it had a good demo of an install so i remembered it since i'd never done an install before and never bought a screen protector.

But i'd highly recommend Power Support Crystal front and back so far.

Last edited:

mrtoweleeeie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I would have to say 3M - backed by a lifetime warranty
just call them up and they will send a new one to you right away.. happened twice on my BB

I'll buy 3M for the Apple, but don't cases come with protectors nowadays? or at least it seems like it?

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I would have to say 3M - backed by a lifetime warranty
just call them up and they will send a new one to you right away.. happened twice on my BB

I'll buy 3M for the Apple, but don't cases come with protectors nowadays? or at least it seems like it?

the one i spoke of above is my first so i don't know but i don't think most cases do and i think they vary in quality as well. Plus some are wet some are dry. And i've seen many that have problems bubbing, going yellow, pulling up on the side from rubbing on the case. And then there are people that want anti-glare or privacy shields.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal