OtterBox Defender for iPhone 4s

Heifzilla

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I really like my Defender case. I have it in grey and pink and it fits really well. I have no issues with the screen protector being loose at all. Just seems like a very well made case. Adds a ton of bulk to the phone, obviously, but I think it makes it feel more solid and substantial. It's also great for typing in landscape mode, gives me something to hold on to.

Heif

christyr143

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
I love the Defenders as well. I am not using one at the moment because I usually carry mine in my back pocket and it's easier to slip in and out with a Speck Candyshell on it, but the Defenders are great. And you can't beat their customer service. I just wish they would offer a customization option, where you could select your own colors for the hard plastic and the silicone. That would be really cool.

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I love the Defenders as well. I am not using one at the moment because I usually carry mine in my back pocket and it's easier to slip in and out with a Speck Candyshell on it, but the Defenders are great. And you can't beat their customer service. I just wish they would offer a customization option, where you could select your own colors for the hard plastic and the silicone. That would be really cool.

I'm sure if you buy enough of them you can eventually mix and match em ;) But you are right, it *would* be nice.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Otterbox defender for my iphone 4 back in October 2010. I used it until August 2011. I started having issues with the silicon getting too loose that it wasn't fitting snug and would come undone a lot in my pocket. I called Otterbox customer service to complain and they were apologetic and to my surprise sent me a new Otterbox defender. However, this one was different. It was more snug with the silicon. The sku that is on it has "uni". So basically the replacement they sent me is the Universal Otterbox defender. I sold my iphone 4 3 weeks ago and I kept the case. My iphone 4S fits fine on the Universal Otterbox defender. While Otterbox specifically sells a version for the iphone 4S that has bigger cutouts for the camera and flash and proximity sensor, my iphone 4s in the universal version shows no issues.

Reactions: PinkRoze

PinkRoze

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Otterbox defender for my iphone 4 back in October 2010. I used it until August 2011. I started having issues with the silicon getting too loose that it wasn't fitting snug and would come undone a lot in my pocket. I called Otterbox customer service to complain and they were apologetic and to my surprise sent me a new Otterbox defender. However, this one was different. It was more snug with the silicon. The sku that is on it has "uni". So basically the replacement they sent me is the Universal Otterbox defender. I sold my iphone 4 3 weeks ago and I kept the case. My iphone 4S fits fine on the Universal Otterbox defender. While Otterbox specifically sells a version for the iphone 4S that has bigger cutouts for the camera and flash and proximity sensor, my iphone 4s in the universal version shows no issues.

I was wondering if you had any issues talking to people on the phone, I heard some issues with the proximity ect.

Your reply is greatly appreciated!

PinkRoze

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

@derk: I am unable to send PMs because I only have 3 posts (including this one) I actually made this account just so I could talk to you! LOL

To answer your PM:

I have a white iPhone 4S
I want to use the Universal Otterbox for the iPhone4 (Pink and White)

I REALLY do not like the colors of the iPhone 4S cases

I heard that the iPhone 4 cases are not compatible with the iPhone 4S because of a proximity sensor? They say that when you are in a call that the light does not go off and your cheeks can press buttons on the screen

I made a thread about this maybe you can help me in that thread so we can communicate better

I cant even post a link to the thread because I have too few posts !

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site

@derk: I am unable to send PMs because I only have 3 posts (including this one) I actually made this account just so I could talk to you! LOL

To answer your PM:

I have a white iPhone 4S
I want to use the Universal Otterbox for the iPhone4 (Pink and White)

I REALLY do not like the colors of the iPhone 4S cases

I heard that the iPhone 4 cases are not compatible with the iPhone 4S because of a proximity sensor? They say that when you are in a call that the light does not go off and your cheeks can press buttons on the screen

I made a thread about this maybe you can help me in that thread so we can communicate better

I cant even post a link to the thread because I have too few posts !

I answered your questions in the forum you started. :)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

Check eBay for "hybrids" where they mix and match ... Seen the defender and commuters that way

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a otterbox commuter on my 4s right now and it does the job!! However I am going to buy the Camo Defender cause I am still afraid to pull my phone out on accident scenes to take pictures or keep in my bunker gear lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
i have switched back and forth from the defender to the commuter to my speck and cm pop. I keep going back to the defender because i like holding my phone in my hand when out and have a fear of dropping it!

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
i have switched back and forth from the defender to the commuter to my speck and cm pop. I keep going back to the defender because i like holding my phone in my hand when out and have a fear of dropping it!

Ok, I am only going back and forth between Otterbox defender and commuter. That's 2 cases to your 4 cases!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I currently own 3 defenders, and my 4th is on its way. should be arriving thru USPS any day now:) this case is hands down one of my faves along with speck cs cases !!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I was a fan of otter box until I found out about lifeproof. I mean can any of you guys using the otter box take your phone down to the beach and take it snorkeling with you? Cause I can and did and while I wasn't filming underwater wildlife in 1080p hi def I was listening to music. Talk about awesome.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
lifeproof case or not...i would never trust a case enough to go swimming with it...i am addicted to my iphone...but not to the point where I need to have it EVERYWHERE I go.

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I currently own 3 defenders, and my 4th is on its way. should be arriving thru USPS any day now:) this case is hands down one of my faves along with speck cs cases !!

i'm very surprised that you do not have any commuter cases...

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was a fan of otter box until I found out about lifeproof. I mean can any of you guys using the otter box take your phone down to the beach and take it snorkeling with you? Cause I can and did and while I wasn't filming underwater wildlife in 1080p hi def I was listening to music. Talk about awesome.

I'm really not worried that I can't take my phone snorkeling or swimming with me. Do I take mine to the beach-yes in an aqua pac. And that works for me.

When I'm swimming having a good time with my family I don't want to have to worry about my phone.

Some people do not like the life proof. I'm one of those people that absolutely do not like it. Again, I'm all about the OB defenders and speck cs cases. :)

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro