View Poll Results: Which case gets your vote?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Otterbox Commuter

17 47.22%
  • Speck Candyshell

10 27.78%
  • Speck Pixelskin HD

6 16.67%
  • Incipio NGP

3 8.33%
    I am considering buying another case. Which of these would you choose?
    11-06-2011 03:10 PM
    No contest here. I've owned them all, and the Otterbox is so much better than the others in every way.
    11-06-2011 03:29 PM
    I agree with Alli! All my my Family (5) have Otterbox!!
    11-06-2011 03:35 PM
    I recently tried the OtterBox commuter case on my 4S and was very disappointed with its quality. The last good commuter case that I had was for my 3GS, even the one that I had for my iPhone 4 wasn't that good. Both the 4 and the 4S commuter case have sharp edges and it is not that comfortable to hold on long conversations. Plus, if you are like me and have to carry your phone in your pocket all the time, the commuter case is a real lint catcher and doesn't look as nice over time.... I just purchased the Speck PixelSkin HD case for the 4S, which IMHO is better. I had one my iPhone 4 and dropped it 3 times and there wasn't even a scratch on the phone. It retains the thin size of the iPhone 4S without compromising its protection. The case is very light. The redesigned case now has softer sides so it is very comfortable to hold for long periods of time.
    11-06-2011 05:34 PM
    Here is a review that one of the members on this forum did on the 4S OtterBox commuter case. I agree with much of what was posted about it with the exception of keeping it just because it was made in the USA. The case wasn't on par with past OtterBox cases and therefore I shipped it back for a full refund.

http://forums.tipb.com/iphone-access...gn-review.html
    11-06-2011 05:46 PM
    Otter box defender
    11-06-2011 05:59 PM
    Otterbox without question. They are some of the best cases i have used.
    11-06-2011 08:02 PM
    I'm currently looking for a case and I'm in between the commuter and the candyshell. I still can't decide but I'm leaning towards the commuter.

UPDATE: Now I think I'm leaning more towards the candyshell
    Last edited by rewNATION; 11-10-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    11-06-2011 08:54 PM
    I just got the Otterbox defender glacier/white for my 4s and I'm very happy with it. It gave my phone very much protection and I'm not worried about dropping it now. I recommend it highly.
    11-06-2011 09:05 PM
    Can't go wrong with an Otterbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 09:12 PM
    I once had an OtterBox for a BB and it nearly ruined it, so now I don't like them. I'm sure they work great for some people. I'm just not a fan.
    11-07-2011 09:59 AM
    I have the otterbox defender and loving every second of it. Wish it was lighter, but honestly, makes my phone feel like a phone and not a pocket calculator which is a good deal
    11-07-2011 01:46 PM
    I once had an OtterBox for a BB and it nearly ruined it, so now I don't like them. I'm sure they work great for some people. I'm just not a fan.
    Oh, this doesn't sound good at all. What happened with the case that almost ruined you phone?
    11-07-2011 03:51 PM
    Oh, this doesn't sound good at all. What happened with the case that almost ruined you phone?
    Definitely interested in hearing what happened as well...I've had nothing but OtterBox on all of my BlackBerry devices, and it's kept them pristine.
    11-07-2011 04:49 PM
    i love the lifeproof case
    11-07-2011 05:34 PM
    Which of these would you choose?
    None of the above. Doesn't really matter what I'd choose anyway though. Pick what you prefer.
    11-08-2011 12:09 AM
    Love the Speck Candyshell. Protects without bulk. Looking into the new Candyshell Flip which let's you dock your iPhone without removing it from the case.
    11-12-2011 04:09 AM
    Definitely Otterbox makes the best cases, hands down
    11-12-2011 10:37 AM
    I actually purchased all 4 of the cases. Here is my opinion on each:

Number 1 overall - Otterbox Commuter.
    I have used Commuters in the past on my iPad and my Android smartphone. It appears that the fit and finish on the new Commuter for the 4s is poorly designed from a fit and finish standpoint. Things just don't line up very well. Exposed edges. But it's a case and it protects the iPhone the best of the 4.

Best of the rest - Incipio NGP. It feels solid, well designed, not flimsy. Edges are firm and solid. Not tacky, slips into and out of pocket easily, overall very well done. It's the one on my phone now.

Third place - Speck Candyshell. It's a nice case, but too glossy, scratches too easy. Feels bulky. And the rubber edge is starting to flake off. It seems to have good phone protection but little else.

Last place - Speck Pixelskin HD. Very poor. Very flimsy, especially the charging end of the phone. The case is too thin, therefore the edge right below the home button moves easily, affording very little protection in that area.

I'll keep the NGP on and rotate that with the Commuter. The other 2 I may use once in awhile but not often.

Keep in mind, these are my opinions. YMMV

Len
    11-12-2011 05:20 PM
    You guys must be quite clumsy with your phones. Not a fan of the otter box. Too bulky (tank like look) for a luxury sleek phone. I don't plan of rock climbing or swimming with my iPhone. Out of the 4 iPhones I've owned and one android, I've probably dropped my phones twice and that was on carpet floors. Hell my gf dropped her old i4 twice on the hospital floor she works at with a simple hard silicon case on and it was just fine.
    11-12-2011 06:31 PM
    IMHO Coming from a person who never uses cases on phones I'd have to say the speck candyshell. I've never owned an otterbox nor will I probably ever. They just look an feel too bulky.I had to get a case for my 4s and the guy at the AT&T store sold me on the white candyshell to match my white phone so far I have no complaints other then that' it feels a tiny bit bulky but that's because I've never used cases for my blackberrys or my htc sensation but besides that the case is great covers every aspect and even protects te screen from a fall with the raised edges(hopefully).Ok this sour d has me rambling I'll end this here
    11-12-2011 07:34 PM
    I had the Otterbox Commuter on my 4S and was disappointed that it was too bulky to fit my car adapter so that I can play music in my car.

Currently, I'm using an Incipio Feather case and it's alright. It does the job but scratches easily.

I'm still on the hunt for a perfect case and really like the look of Sena cases.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-12-2011 08:49 PM
    I currently have several cases im using on my Iphone4 just cause i like protection and different options. I have 2 otterbox defenders, seidio convert, verizon shell/holster combo, 3 apple snap on cases, apple brushed aluminum snap on case and a fullbody zagg... and i love rocking the phone with only the zagg but for protection i like the otterbox but if i want a slimmer case and may need the protection while im out ill use the seidio convert
    11-14-2011 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD