Case-Mate Tough Case

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried the Tough case by Case-Mate, but I have the OtterBox Defender. It's an awesome case and I really, really like it! If you are looking for something that will protect your iPhone, I highly recommend the Defender case!

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Defender is nice for drops, but for even higher drops AND dust protection the ballistic hc is by far better in my opinion...I have both. I also have the seidio rugged combo, it's not bad but it bubbles my screen protector when it's installed. Subscribing for reviews of the case mate..always looking for something else to try!

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tried the Case-Mate Tough case for the iPhone 4 & 4s yet? thx

I tried it and sent it back. I did not like the build quality, it did not fit my phone well. In fact I could not get the phone to seat in in properly. It also destroyed my screen protector. Since I wanted to use it only occasionally, I want a screen protector on my phone. Try the Griffin survivor. Much more protective and I was able to use a screen protector with it, even though it has a protective screen. YMMV.

mpossoff

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't put the Defender in the same category as the Tank, Survivor or Seidio Rugged. In fact I'd put the Defender in a category between the Speck Candyshell an the Tank, Survivor and Seidio Rugged etc.

Why? Because the Defender doesn't offer as much protection as the like of the Tank. And most importantly the Defender offers much more style than the likes of the Tank for the Defender being a semi rugged case. Such as showing the Apple logo cutout, not much thicker than a Speck Candyshell, just shows the glory of the iPhone better than the likes of the Tank.

TMElectric

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't put the Defender in the same category as the Tank, Survivor or Seidio Rugged. In fact I'd put the Defender in a category between the Speck Candyshell an the Tank, Survivor and Seidio Rugged etc.

Why? Because the Defender doesn't offer as much protection as the like of the Tank. And most importantly the Defender offers much more style than the likes of the Tank for the Defender being a semi rugged case. Such as showing the Apple logo cutout, not much thicker than a Speck Candyshell, just shows the glory of the iPhone better than the likes of the Tank.

I would have to agree. The Defender is not as rugged as you would think. Still good though