which of these speakers for iphone 4s and ipad?

Which wireless speaker do you recommend for iphone/ ipad on patio and deck

• Bose Soundlink

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iHome iW1

• Jawbone Jambox

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • other

• Total voters

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I am looking into buying a wireless speaker to use on my deck with my iphone 4s and ipad2. By the way, I have my itunes library on a laptop which has bluetooth capability.

I have narrowed it down to 2 speakers:

The Bose Soundlink wireless mobile speaker (bluetooth) which can be used anywhere;and
The iHome iW1 which uses apple airplay (wifi).

Which of the two do you recommend and why?

By the way, I may also buy the jambox in addition to one of the above speakers, since it is a perfect size for travel.

Last edited:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I am looking into buying a wireless speaker to use on my deck with my iphone 4s and ipad2. By the way, I have my itunes library on a laptop which has bluetooth capability.

I have narrowed it down to 2 speakers:

The Bose Soundlink wireless mobile speaker (bluetooth) which can be used anywhere;and
The iHome iW1 which uses apple airplay (wifi).

Which of the two do you recommend and why?

By the way, I may also buy the jambox in addition to one of the above speakers, since it is a perfect size for travel.

You should consider whether or not your neighbors want much of a speaker system on your deck.

We own a JAMBOX and love it. It's perfect for podcasts, mobility, not being obnoxious.

We owned a well rated Altec speaker we loved until it died, replaced it with high-end Bose computer speakers instead, will play the phone or touch through its hockey puck.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You should consider whether or not your neighbors want much of a speaker system on your deck.

We own a JAMBOX and love it. It's perfect for podcasts, mobility, not being obnoxious.

We owned a well rated Altec speaker we loved until it died, replaced it with high-end Bose computer speakers instead, will play the phone or touch through its hockey puck.
Thanks, I may order the jambox and if it is fine, not get either of the other two.
You seem to make sense. I live in a gated condo community and the decks are on top of each other.

The jambox seems potentially perfect for this use and has great portability. I do not need audiophile sound on my deck.

However, how loud and clear is the sound from the Jambox?

BTW, I am not woried about speakers in my house.

On my main floor and my basement we have good audio systems in conjunction with home theatre setups. The receivers on each floor have HDMI jacks so all I have to do is attach the ipad or iphone to the Apple Digital AV Adapter and utlize hdmi cables to have nice sound in my house. I did not have to go out and buy docks.

Sonos does not make sense for me.

AlexW52

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried the wireless or jambox, but I use iMainGo X speakers for my iPod. The speakers also double as a case that protects your iPod. It's a great speaker system with big sound and works with other devices (notebooks and portable gaming devices, among others). I recently started working with a company that works with them and have been really impressed so far. You can check it out on on Amazon: Amazon.com: "imaingo": Electronics.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro