Zagg Shield Question

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So, I ordered my ZAGG from the website nearly a week ago and the status is still 'in process'. I'm not too impressed. I was hoping the web site would be quick and convenient, but it hasn't even shipped yet.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible for water damage to occur during installation of Zagg Shield?
As stated above, anything's possible but it's extremely unlikely unless you're doing it horribly wrong. You only need enough liquid to keep the protector from sticking during application so you can make adjustments. You don't need to immerse the device or soak down so much that liquid seeps into the device.

I've installed them on countless devices without any issues.

Zagg shields are amazing ... plus a lifetime guarantee how can you beat that.
Completely subjective. I used to use them but got tired of the orange peel and tackiness. YMMV, of course. There is a lifetime guarantee but there is a fee for using the guarantee each time you request a warranty replacement.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
What's your best advice for applying the Zagg shield (wet)? I've tried to apply wet application shields before and I always get bubbles. Any suggestions? Thanks.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
What's your best advice for applying the Zagg shield (wet)? I've tried to apply wet application shields before and I always get bubbles. Any suggestions? Thanks.

First off, spray your fingers. It keeps prints off the shield. 2nd, you'll have a few bubbles in the beginning. It'll take a few days for them to work them selves out. Once you get the shield in place, squeegee the water out and then you can put a hair dryer up to it on low cool and that'll help it dry faster. If you take your time you should be okay. You may want to check your local mall, I know the one by he has a Zagg cart where they install. They come out better then I've ever done.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: leharris22

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Or get the dry install ones. I know vzw selles them.

I tried the dry install. The only problem I don't like with them is that the arrows to line them up are white, and it's a paint to put them on white phones.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I had heard of that dryer tip before but was skeptical.

The dryer is okay, but it has to be on cool, not warm. If it's on warm, it can get too hot, and f up the phone. I put it on cool low, and the extra air hitting it makes it dry quicker. Did the Zagg finally ship yet? Its crazy, when I bought one from the site, it was at my house in a few days. I'm really surprised my them with your order.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Not impressed with Zagg. I ordered my Zagg approx a month ago. It took forever for them to process the order. It finally shipped, and when it did, they sent it to the wrong address. So, last week I called them and they replaced the order. Now, it's finally shipped again. 4 weeks have gone by and I still haven't got my shield. Zagg customer service was not sympathetic. Ugh. Not a good experience.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Not impressed with Zagg. I ordered my Zagg approx a month ago. It took forever for them to process the order. It finally shipped, and when it did, they sent it to the wrong address. So, last week I called them and they replaced the order. Now, it's finally shipped again. 4 weeks have gone by and I still haven't got my shield. Zagg customer service was not sympathetic. Ugh. Not a good experience.

Wow that's crazy. If you can cancel your order, you can go to best buy and buy one. I heard that the geek squad will install them for you for a small price. If you're still worried about the install that may be a good option.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Still no Zagg. I ordered Nov 4. It's ridiculous. I've had stuff ordered from Europe or Australia that has arrived much quicker. They wouldn't let me cancel but I may be able to get a small refund. Have to call back yet again when it finally arrived. Just a nightmare.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Still no Zagg. I ordered Nov 4. It's ridiculous. I've had stuff ordered from Europe or Australia that has arrived much quicker. They wouldn't let me cancel but I may be able to get a small refund. Have to call back yet again when it finally arrived. Just a nightmare.
wow, I'm completely shocked to hear you having such an issue with ZAGG. I've ordered products from them in the past and everything always went smoothly and in a timely fashion.

I'm sorry to hear your having a terrible experience le. I wonder if it's because all the holidays are upon use and they are back logged. Not that I'm trying to make excuses for them in no way.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It's crazy. I feel as if I could have tried to track it down from a store much quicker. I was trying to save the hassle by ordering online. Yeesh!

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
My Zagg finally arrived! Installation went smoothly and it's looking great. Just a couple tiny bubbles but they're barely noticeable. I'm impressed with the shield overall. I guess it was worth the 5 week wait!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My Zagg finally arrived! Installation went smoothly and it's looking great. Just a couple tiny bubbles but they're barely noticeable. I'm impressed with the shield overall. I guess it was worth the 5 week wait!

:)glad to hear it finally arrived and you've installed it !! I love the Zagg shields myself, but i didn't go with one for my iphone this time around. Perhaps in the near future i will. they're not difficult to apply either.

As for the few air bubbs you have, you can try to push them out--and also, as the skin 'dries' they may evaporate as well.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Never been a real fan of Zagg myself...bad experiences on my other devices have made me look at alternatives for my iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner