OtterBox iP4 & Speck iPh4 cases on a 4s?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am returning my new OtterBox Defender 4S case and 4s Commuter case because they are not worth what I paid directly from OtterBox. The built in screen protector on the new 4S Defender case is so loose its messes up your typing. I see OtterBox has the older iPhone 4 case on Amazon for dirt cheap along with the Speck CandyShell case. The only difference I see on the Otterbox is the front and the camera opening. The same goes for the Speck CandyShell case for the 4 with the camera. I don't want to get these off Amazon and then have problems with the camera or buttons not lining up or proximity sensor issues. So, is it best to just buy directly from Speck and say odiose to OtterBox? Will iPhone 4 cases fit the iPhone 4s? Thanks

ozshadow#AC

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Candyshell with the big oval camera opening works great. Commuter for the 4 with the two small camera openings will cause issues with the 4S camera. I returned one for the 4 today, but I am not exactly happy with the 4S commuter either.

Wife has the Candyshell.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Candyshell with the big oval camera opening works great. Commuter for the 4 with the two small camera openings will cause issues with the 4S camera. I returned one for the 4 today, but I am not exactly happy with the 4S commuter either.

Wife has the Candyshell.

Do you know if CandyShell with the small camera opening will work on a 4s? None of the CandyShell cases with 4s compatibility are available YET on Amazon.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It did not work on my 4S. I have a purple ATT one from my 4, and it didn't quite line up.

My new candyshell that I got at the Apple Store lines up perfectly.

Reactions: MattMJB0188

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It did not work on my 4S. I have a purple ATT one from my 4, and it didn't quite line up.

My new candyshell that I got at the Apple Store lines up perfectly.

Yes I just bought a Candyshell from the Apple store for my 4S. Works great.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Does the rubber edge obstruct the front of the screen much? I'm so spoiled by the Barely There that anything else bugs me, but I love the look of the Candyshell.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've tried the new OtterBox Commuter case for the 4S and pretty much all of the newer Speck cases for the 4S and finally found the one that I like the best. That is the Pixel Skin HD case redesigned for the 4S. It has a larger opening for the Camera and flash, as well as a redesigned opening for the mute switch. This case is lighter than the original Pixel Skin case that I had for my iPhone 4 and all buttons are more responsive with a clicking sound that some prefer. I ordered the Black case although it does come in a variety of other colors. I had the case on my iPhone 4 for over a year and it survived 3 falls without so much as a scratch, so I have every reason to believe that the new Pixel Skin HD case will be equally as sturdy. Here's a link to the case if anyone is interested. https://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case/pixelskin-hd-for-iphone-4.html

Last edited:

Lend273

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I also ordered a Pixelskin HD in black last night.
Got an email from Speck already that it shipped.
I found an online coupon code for 20% off.
Speck is great. My last order for a Candyshell shipped fast.
They make great cases and great customer service.

Len

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No, not at all. That small edge has a nice lay on the table design for the iPhone so you can lay it face down and not worry about the screen getting scratched.

Thanks @Irish Rose! I ordered the Moonsuite for my white 4S with a coupon code I found online. "goodbetterspeck" knocked the price down to $27.95 for anyone who's interested.

Reactions: LVMHgirl

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks @Irish Rose! I ordered the Moonsuite for my white 4S with a coupon code I found online. "goodbetterspeck" knocked the price down to $27.95 for anyone who's interested.

Good deal. That is the same coupon that I used. Got my Pixel HD case for $23 with it. :)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have never owned anything other than Candyshells. I might order another speck to try them out. But I bought this teal at the Apple store and so far so good. Considering this one has come on and off like 12 times now for replacement phones..Im doing pretty good! No cracking yet.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Really loving the Candyshell. Going to try the Candyshell Flip next which was just released for the 4S. The Flip allows you to use most docks and speakers without removing the case.

Last edited:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Tried a lot of cases and after they've cracked and not held up I went to otterbox .. iSkin makes some nice cases as well but oddly enough there's not a lot of thickness difference between the defender and the commuter, and I've decided to defender my 4S and see how I like it .... BUT I am taking the screen protector out and invisishielding my 4S for complete protection

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

THANKS!

Used the code and bought two Candyshell Flip cases (can be used with docks) from the Speck site and saved almost $16. Free shipping to US addresses too.

LOVE Speck! :D

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Speck CandyShell cases are the best. They are definitely the best I've used so far. Hopefully the 4s cases hit Amazon soon and the price decreases. The $34 I paid for my two was worth every penny though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73