Case similar to Apple Bumper, with back?

kinneyrhs

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 4S through the pre-order, and like a lot of people here, am having trouble finding the PERFECT case for the phone.

Just to keep it protected while I start my search, I have an Apple Bumper case on it. I really like the thinness, material and feel of the bumper but want back coverage as well. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have tried out the Speck Pixelskin HD in store and thought it was pretty decent (only had red and I wanted black). Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
You can try the Seidio Surface case. It offers the protection without the bulk. I used to use them all the time with my Blackberries but have since switched to the OtterBox Commuter Case.

seidioonline.com

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
SGP has a line of polycarbonate bumpers with silicon backs. I have one on my phone right now. Be aware that the volume buttons are just a painted part of the inner silicon and not "solid".

iPhone 4S - Apple iPhone - Cell Phones

::Edit::
The bumper-only design offered includes front and back clear skins while the silicon backed design has a front skin.

swrve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Griffin Reveal

i would steer clear of the griffin reveal if i were you. i originally bought this case because i liked the style too. after 2 days of sitting in my pocket with nothing else, it was completely scratched looking on the back. i emailed griffin, they told me to return it and try another because mine must have been defective. i did so, with the exact same result. i returned that one, and I'm currently looking at a aluminum bumper style case.

Freegoo

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
SGP has a line of polycarbonate bumpers with silicon backs. I have one on my phone right now. Be aware that the volume buttons are just a painted part of the inner silicon and not "solid".

iPhone 4S - Apple iPhone - Cell Phones

::Edit::
The bumper-only design offered includes front and back clear skins while the silicon backed design has a front skin.

That's the case I have. It's a very sharp looking case. Beware though, the head phone jack is small and prevents me from plugging most cassette adapters in. I imagine a lot of non Apple ear phones will have trouble as well. The bottom is also incompatible with the hdmi adapter I have. Putting the "bumper" on and taking it off is kind of a hassle as it's pretty tight. But if you want a lightweight case that adds protection from scratches without adding much bulk this makes a pretty good choice. The included screen protector is excellent and near impossible to see when properly installed.

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That's the case I have. It's a very sharp looking case. Beware though, the head phone jack is small and prevents me from plugging most cassette adapters in. I imagine a lot of non Apple ear phones will have trouble as well. The bottom is also incompatible with the hdmi adapter I have. Putting the "bumper" on and taking it off is kind of a hassle as it's pretty tight. But if you want a lightweight case that adds protection from scratches without adding much bulk this makes a pretty good choice. The included screen protector is excellent and near impossible to see when properly installed.

Yup. I have to use an "extension" cord for my headphones that has a slim-fit jack that'll work with the bumper.

The bottom is also sneaky. Some 3rd party cables (and older ipod cables) will bend the bumper if forced (and could break the case). I just stick the the slim cable that came with the phone (and will fit perfectly).

jp99

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps the Switch Easy cases may work for the OP. The Eclipse and the Trim are both rubber bumpers with hard plastic backs. They also come with dust covers for the 3.5mm and dock ports.

I have an Eclipse on order but not seen one in person yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR