Magpul Field Case??

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone out there have one of the Magpul Field cases? I'm looking to see if it is slim enough that it will still fit into a dock w/ the case on. Probably going to order it anyway, but was trying to get some info before hand.
Thank!

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a member here who really likes them. He's posted a few pics and it looks like a great protective case, not too bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the Magpul Field Case on my iPhone and I love it. It adds very little to the overall size of the phone, but also adds some nice grip when holding it. It's a solid piece of TPU with just enough flex to get the iPhone into and out of the case with minimal hassle, but not a floppy, stretchy mess like a silicone case. The buttons are covered up nicely, but function just fine. The power button takes a little bit to break in, but, the volume buttons are spot on. I picked one up in orange and flat dark earth, and have been strongly considering buying a black or OD green one to add to the mix. The quality on the case is top notch, and the price really cannot be beat. If you do a little shopping around, you can find them shipped to you for just a shade over 10 bucks. I have yet to find a case of this quality for even twice that price. I highly recommend it.

Edited to add: depending on your dock, you may have to remove the case. It's a slim fit, but on the side of each end of the 30 pin connector slot are raised ribs that may interfere with a flush fit. I've seen some docks that have an extended connector piece that would probably eliminate that problem, but it's something to be aware of.

Last edited:

disflipissofresh

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
iphone 4s?

can anybody confirm if the new iphone 4S fit? As in the button line up perfectly? It says on their site that it fits both att and verizon iphone 4. I really want one.

scott11

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
on the 4s, the buttons line up, but the silent switch is off center in the opening. It works fine, but it may bother some.

txbosox

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
on the 4s, the buttons line up, but the silent switch is off center in the opening. It works fine, but it may bother some.

I have the AT&T 4, and on my Magpul Field Case, it's off center as well, biased to the top side. When the VZW 4 came out, it shifted down. The 4S has the same configuration as the VZW 4. Magpul's cases fit both variants.

As for the case, it's great. Fits really well, slim enough, with a nice texture. It doesn't grab pockets. Haven't dropped mine to see how it fares on drop protection. My roommate and a couple coworkers have the one for the 3GS and they like it too.

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I got the field case this morning my the friendly fed ex guy. I gotta say I am way impressed w/ the case. I didn't get the executive field case, just the field case that has the ribs going around the whole case. The case hardly puts any thing around the phone but does give it enough grip to not feel like its gonna slip out of my hands. It's not flimsy at all either. I'll have to wait to see if it will fit into a dock. I don't have one so I'll have to try it out somewhere I suppose. Anyway, I would definitely recommend it and will probably be using it all the time except for when I'm going camping or something similar in which case it will go into my defender case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73