Car Mounts Compatible With Cases

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a car mount for my 4S, but have a concern about it fitting with my Speck ToughSkin case on my phone.

Has anyone purchased a universal mount that has worked well with cases? Any other advice on the subject?

Thanks

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with this Arkon. Great suction mechanism and can accommodate even bulky cases. A bit difficult to access volume buttons, so you have adjust volume ahead of time if you're not using a headset with volume controls.
41-%2BcMNrS0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Reactions: trevorjd14

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
+1 On the Arkon Mega Grip. I've had mine for over a year and it works like it did when I first bought it. The vent mount actually fits really well on our vehicle so I use it versus the window since the AC keeps the phone cool in the summer instead of being in the direct sun / heat through the windshield.

Reactions: trevorjd14

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been using a car mount from ProClip for a couple of years. I originally used it for my Palm Pre, and purchased a new holder for the iPhone 4s.

The mount/holder combination is fairly expensive, but works well. The mounts are vehicle-specific and don't appear as bulky as other products I have seen.

I can't post links yet, but ProClip's website is at proclipusa.com

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with this Arkon. Great suction mechanism and can accommodate even bulky cases. A bit difficult to access volume buttons, so you have adjust volume ahead of time if you're not using a headset with volume controls.
Click to view quoted image

I use the same mount as well. The only complaint I have is the raised logo in the middle of it as I don't use a case on my phone and I worry that it could scratch the back of the phone. That problem was easily solved by putting some of those felt furniture protector things on it. I probably just worry too much though. Wouldn't be a problem since you use a case though. Both the window mount and the vent mount are secure. I've used this mount in a semi truck as well with no faults.

Quintus

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4S with iFrogz Luxe Lean and Proclip

I use the iFrogz Luxe Lean case with my iPhone 4S. Highly recommended. It is a solid case with a great "feel" to it. It protects the back the sides and has a lip around the front of the iPhone to protect the screen if you want to lie the iPhone on its face. It adds nearly no bulk to the phone.

I use it in combination with Proclip's "iPhone 4S padded holder for use with the Apple bumper". I much prefer the padded holder. This one was a tad tight at first. I actually stretched the holder out "gently" just a bit with my fingers and the fit is now awesome. Holds the phone with just the right tightness. No fear whatsoever of the phone popping out of the holder.

I hate the other car holders as I find them bulky and quite ugly. Proclip embraces a minimalist design which is perfect for the iPhone. When in the holder, you see the iPhone and barely notice the holder. That's the way it should be, IMHO.

d0ster

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the car mount from rocketfish and I love it. Have it setup in my center a/c vents for easy access.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW