Whats the tiny hole next to the headphone jack

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering what the tiny hole next to the headphone jack is on the 4S. My Otterbox defender case even leaves this hole unblocked. So figure its something important. The otterbox even blocks off the headphone jack but not this hole.

Thanks in advance
Josh

Reactions: CoronaNM

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
because if it was on bottom it would cancel your own speach its used to cancel background noise like tvs and cars driving by etc

06FG2

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Is the hole on the right side of it, the mic? or is that another noise canceling mic?

Cause unless i missed it i didnt see anything on the bottom, unless its those two oval holes on both sides of the charging jack thingy?

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Is the hole on the right side of it, the mic? or is that another noise canceling mic?

Cause unless i missed it i didnt see anything on the bottom, unless its those two oval holes on both sides of the charging jack thingy?

The hole on-top , to the right of the headphone port is the noise canceling mic. As for the two oval shaped holes on the bottom one is the microphone and the other is the speaker

Last edited:
Reactions: 06FG2

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
When the iPhone 4 first came out, I remember reading a thread where a user jammed a pin in there trying to eject a SIM. (The first 3 iPhones had the SIM on top)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering what the tiny hole next to the headphone jack is on the 4S. My Otterbox defender case even leaves this hole unblocked. So figure its something important. The otterbox even blocks off the headphone jack but not this hole.

Thanks in advance
Josh

Slap yourself and repent.

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
When the iPhone 4 first came out, I remember reading a thread where a user jammed a pin in there trying to eject a SIM. (The first 3 iPhones had the SIM on top)

You mean like I did as the woman on the phone with AT&T told me that was the sim release? That is where it was on my 3g, so I didn't even notice it was on the side until I couldn't fine anything small enough to fit in the hole. I asked her twice was she sure that was where the sim card was, and then I turn the phone and saw it on the side.

I hope I haven't done any damage as I tried to put a sewing needle down the hole, although I don't think more than the point when in.