How many cases have you had?

How many cases have you had over the lifetime of an average iOS device?

• None! (Really?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Two

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Three

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Four or more

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's a question/poll for everyone.

Over the life of each device you've owned, how many different cases have you used (on average)?

It seems like everyone I know has used multiple cases over the lifetime of each device - I'm just curious as to how many cases each person tries out/uses.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Well, I have three now. OtterBox Commuter, OtterBox Defender, and Ballistic HC. I dob't use the BHC that much. Bought it cheap off Amazon. I swap between Defender and Commuter as needed or when I get bored!:rolleyes:

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Full disclosure -

For my iPhone 4, I've used a Speck case, an Apple bumper "case", Otterbox Defender case and my current case is a mophie JuicePack Air.

For my iPad, I've used an Otterbox Defender, and I'm currently using a Targus case. The Defender was nice, but it was a little too bulky for me, especially with its cover.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have three Speck PIxelskins (and have bought three new ones for the 4S) which I change daily to match what I'm wearing. Pink, purple and green. Then I have the black and pink Otterbox Defender, but it won't really go on my phone because I have Invisible Shield on the front and a custom Zagg skin on the back, so I never use that, plus I hated the screen protector.

I also have a Loksak that lives permanently in my purse so I can use the phone if it starts raining. You can buy a pack of four of various sizes on Amazon for ~$15. I have one for the iPad, too, if I want to sit outside with it and it is getting done raining or trying to rain. I like a slightly bigger size so I don't have to take the phone out of its case to get it in the Loksak.

The 4S has a purple and white OB Defender that _does_ fit (tightly) over the Invisible Shield screen protector, front only. I haven't carried it yet, though, so I don't know if the built-in screen protector touching the IS will bother me like it did with the 3GS.

Speck Pixelskin HD in purple- don't like, too hard, too hard to get off the phone.

Speck Pixelskins in black and pale pink. Like, but the pink is so pale...

Need more, possibly a Magpul?

*edit* I discovered that the 3GS Pixelskins fit okay. Okay enough to put on the phone to match my outfit! It's like a disguise for my phone :)

Last edited:

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Two otterbox defenders in purple & pink, speck candy shell and a casemate barely there. I think I'm going to finally give up the screen protectors. My clear one scratches easy and anti glare takes away from the screen. I never put my phone in a pocket so should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
One Speck snap on case, and one OtterBox commuter case for the 4S so far. I've been looking around for one more, though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

MunchkinD13

Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
In the beginning with the 3 and 3GS I think I had maybe 5. Then when I had the black 4 I think I had close to 10. What can I say...I'm a girl. I have to have one in every color. :D When I switched to white though half of them wouldn't fit (including my Otterbox :( ). With the 4S I think I have 4, maybe 5 cases that fit. I think that means I need a few more. LOL

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I have a ton. When we first got our iPhone4's we went crazy buying cases. Now she only uses her Otterbox Commuter and I don't even use a case. So in the end we wasted a ton of money on cases that just sit... :/

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
One red OtterBox Defender, one black and white OtterBox Defender, one red and black OtterBox Commuter, one red Incipio NGP, a black LifeProof, and a maroon Seidio Innocase Active (which I won from tiPb here). :)

I sold both OtterBox Defenders and the black LifeProof and got my money back. I didn't like either one of them for various reasons. The Commuter is really nice, so far.

I'm a case addict.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods