Hi everyone, long time reader, first time thread starter....

I'm new to the whole Apple iPhone thing, I've been a BlackBerry guy for as long as I can remember and as such, I'm unfamiliar with the subtle differences between iP4 (AT&T/Verizon) devices and possibly iP4s devices (black vs. white).

I've preordered two iP4S for myself and my wife and I'd like to look into getting a quality case for each before the phones arrive. Here's the issue: From what I've seen/read, there is a subtle form difference between AT&T/Verizon phones as well as black/white phones and these differences are best known before hand to ensure the proper case is purchased... To make things interesting, I'm from Canada (eh?) and a Rogers subscriber.... I'm just guessing but I think my phone design would be most like AT&T's because there is/was some type of affiliation between the two? I may be way off though.

So, my dilemma...

I have two iP4s phones coming from Rogers, one black and one white... Will iP4 cases fit on iP4s phones? What cases do I get to ensure they fit properly? I was leaning towards Otterbox or Ballistic for my black phone as my job is hazardous to phones. And are all cases compatible with the white phone (I read sometimes you have to specify as the white somehow differs?)

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    10-08-2011 02:57 PM
    Apple has said that all accessories that are for the 4 will work for the 4S. I read that somewhere.
    nelz16 likes this.
    10-08-2011 03:01 PM
    Otterbox offer great protection.
    nelz16 likes this.
    10-08-2011 03:10 PM

I'm new to the whole Apple iPhone thing, I've been a BlackBerry guy for as long as I can remember and as such, I'm unfamiliar with the subtle differences between iP4 (AT&T/Verizon) devices and possibly iP4s devices (black vs. white).

I've preordered two iP4S for myself and my wife and I'd like to look into getting a quality case for each before the phones arrive. Here's the issue: From what I've seen/read, there is a subtle form difference between AT&T/Verizon phones as well as black/white phones and these differences are best known before hand to ensure the proper case is purchased... To make things interesting, I'm from Canada (eh?) and a Rogers subscriber.... I'm just guessing but I think my phone design would be most like AT&T's because there is/was some type of affiliation between the two? I may be way off though.

So, my dilemma...

I have two iP4s phones coming from Rogers, one black and one white... Will iP4 cases fit on iP4s phones? What cases do I get to ensure they fit properly? I was leaning towards Otterbox or Ballistic for my black phone as my job is hazardous to phones. And are all cases compatible with the white phone (I read sometimes you have to specify as the white somehow differs?)

Thanks in advance.

The Apple iPhone 4S, has the same outside as the iPhone 4 the only difference is the inside CPU/Processor and the better camera. So any iPhone 4 case will work on you're iPhone 4S. I recommend the Otterbox because it has excellent protection.
    nelz16 likes this.
    10-08-2011 03:15 PM
    Jeffrey101, did you have to specify what Otterbox you wanted? I understand that there is a difference between AT&T and Verizon, which of the two best fits a Rogers phone?
    10-08-2011 03:16 PM
    Saweet on case compatibility. I was worried about that. One good thing about the internal only change is that there are so many great cases already out for the iP4, there's no waiting to get new ones. Seidio rugged cases, here I come.
    10-08-2011 03:17 PM
    Jeffrey101, did you have to specify what Otterbox you wanted? I understand that there is a difference between AT&T and Verizon, which of the two best fits a Rogers phone?
    Otterbox has iPhone 4S cases, just in case you too worried about using an iPhone 4's case New iPhone 4S Cases, iPad 2 Cases & More // OtterBox.com
    10-08-2011 03:23 PM
    BookBook is getting purchased !!
    10-08-2011 04:23 PM
    This blog post about the differences should help you.

How to Choose Cases for iPhone 4s and iPhone 4 i collect gadget

So, my dilemma...

Thanks in advance.
    10-09-2011 05:43 PM
    The AT&T and Verizon iPhone 4's were slightly different. Word is that the iPhone 4S is modeled after the Verizon version. So any Verizon iPhone 4 case should fit any 4S regardless of carrier.
    10-09-2011 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD