4S: to case or not to case?

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm very careful with my phones and rarely drop them. But I'm anticipating that a lot of my friends and family will want to try it out in the next few weeks. The case is to protect the phone in case anyone fumbles. They all know what the iPhone 4 looks like, so it's not the appearance they want to check out.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Will you carry your new iPhone 4S naked, or swathed in some sort of case? If you choose the latter, which one?
Atomic Hybrid C. Why does it matter? If you want to carry it naked then carry it naked.

My 3GS has lived in a Case Mate case for the past two years, mostly to protect the back from scratches. Unfortunately this didn't protect it while falling face down on concrete twice and cracking the screen each time.
If you want impact protection you need a case designed for impact protection. Most of Case Mate's line offer very little protection in this regard.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I am using a Zagg Shield. I want to use a car dash mount and I like to charge it in the cradle, while I sleep. I hate cases that cover the beauty of this phone. The Zagg shield will hold all the glass in, in case you drop it and there are 5-6 places near my house and work that will repair iPhone front and back glass for $29. My sister's phone got ran over by a van and she got the glass replaced, and it's good as new.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
...there are 5-6 places near my house and work that will repair iPhone front and back glass for $29...

Apple will repair the back glass for around that price, but not the front. Can you share any names of companies that do the front repair for $29? Or are these people working from home? The ones I've seen from "reputable" online sources start at $70.

nessenj

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Seidio active case + holster on my iP4, and now on my iP4S. After seeing the iSkin claro, I am probably going to be switching to that instead so I can show my phone off.

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Seidio active case + holster on my iP4, and now on my iP4S. After seeing the iSkin claro, I am probably going to be switching to that instead so I can show my phone off.

I have the Claro and love the case. I also bought the holster that they sell and state that the case will work with. The holster broke yesterday. The fit is so tight that its almost inevitable you will break the holster unless you want to take it off your hip and put it in the holster then put the whole thing back on. I emailed them to find out if they are going to change the design on the holster because it just doesn't work right. I'm going to try the Seidio surface holster with the case and see how that goes.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a minimal rubbery grip case on mine just to alleviate my paranoia about dropping it. The glass back was a little slippery when my hands were dry :/

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my screen shields yesterday and once the phone gets here I will roll naked like I do with my iPhone4. I used to be a case guy, but now I am used the form factor of the naked phone. If I use anything it is something like the Barely There.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i'm definitely getting applecare+ because it's a way better deal than insurance through verizon. but what is a decent case that won't make the phone much bigger and isn't ugly?

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine and my wife's i4s's yesterday. Mine will only have scratch protection, such as sgp, Wrapsol, etc. my wife is getting a defender as she works with autistic adults and they like to listen to music with her phone. Both phones have AppleCare+.

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Scratch my previous post. My two year old just sent my iPhone 4 flying across the room. No damage, lucked out this time. When my 4s arrives, a defender will be waiting on it. Someday I'll get to enjoy a naked iPhone lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73