I am pretty clumsy person so I ended up getting the Otterbox Defender right when I purchased the phone. I love how pretty the white 4s looks, but I know it would only be pretty until I dropped it the first time....

So I got the white Otterbox Defender just to show off the white still
    10-16-2011 10:22 AM
    I bought the Verizon shell and holster combo at the same time I picked up my 4s. I was hoping that the glass rear would have been left out of this version. I had a friend who dropped her iPhone 4 the same day she got the phone last year. It had me so concerned about the glass back that last night I had a dream that the phone came apart in my hands!

Also, I found i4 and 4s glass backs online for a couple of dollars... So I may just keep a small substock of replacement parts, like I used to with my blackberrys and androids, for those times I do carry it nude.... And not have to worry.
    10-16-2011 11:30 AM
    Also, I found i4 and 4s glass backs online for a couple of dollars... So I may just keep a small substock of replacement parts, like I used to with my blackberrys and androids, for those times I do carry it nude.... And not have to worry.
    lmao.. The Apple store will replace the back glass for $29 and they will do it while you wait.
    10-16-2011 11:44 AM
    Call me an Apple fanboy but I run my phone naked like Apple intended it to. If I really feel the need for a case I go for a Apple bumper.
    10-16-2011 12:00 PM
    Yep I used my iPhone naked. Then got some cheap protection off the bay and am wearing it naked as it's nice to look at. Tough choice. I'd say wear it naked on you and be careful.
    10-16-2011 02:46 PM
    I'm very careful with my phones and rarely drop them. But I'm anticipating that a lot of my friends and family will want to try it out in the next few weeks. The case is to protect the phone in case anyone fumbles. They all know what the iPhone 4 looks like, so it's not the appearance they want to check out.
    10-16-2011 02:53 PM
    Will you carry your new iPhone 4S naked, or swathed in some sort of case? If you choose the latter, which one?
    Atomic Hybrid C. Why does it matter? If you want to carry it naked then carry it naked.

My 3GS has lived in a Case Mate case for the past two years, mostly to protect the back from scratches. Unfortunately this didn't protect it while falling face down on concrete twice and cracking the screen each time.
    If you want impact protection you need a case designed for impact protection. Most of Case Mate's line offer very little protection in this regard.
    10-16-2011 10:57 PM
    I am using a Zagg Shield. I want to use a car dash mount and I like to charge it in the cradle, while I sleep. I hate cases that cover the beauty of this phone. The Zagg shield will hold all the glass in, in case you drop it and there are 5-6 places near my house and work that will repair iPhone front and back glass for $29. My sister's phone got ran over by a van and she got the glass replaced, and it's good as new.
    10-17-2011 01:27 PM
    ...there are 5-6 places near my house and work that will repair iPhone front and back glass for $29...
    Apple will repair the back glass for around that price, but not the front. Can you share any names of companies that do the front repair for $29? Or are these people working from home? The ones I've seen from "reputable" online sources start at $70.
    10-17-2011 01:37 PM
    i like my iphone 4s naked but i put it on a leather pouch when its in my pocket or if its not in my hand
    10-17-2011 04:06 PM
    Apple will repair the back glass for around that price, but not the front. Can you share any names of companies that do the front repair for $29? Or are these people working from home? The ones I've seen from "reputable" online sources start at $70.
    www.iphixit.com
    10-17-2011 05:00 PM
    They do it for $29.
    10-17-2011 05:00 PM
    What pouch do you use skyscraper ?
    10-18-2011 08:26 PM
    I prefer not to use a case but this incase black and white case looks great with my white 4s.
    10-18-2011 09:22 PM
    They do it for $29.
    Are you sure? I checked a couple of local sources who can make the repair while you wait. They claim the front requires replacing the glass and the LCD screen behind it. $100 parts & labor.
    10-19-2011 10:06 PM
    I've been using the Seidio active case + holster on my iP4, and now on my iP4S. After seeing the iSkin claro, I am probably going to be switching to that instead so I can show my phone off.
    10-20-2011 01:53 AM
    I've been using the Seidio active case + holster on my iP4, and now on my iP4S. After seeing the iSkin claro, I am probably going to be switching to that instead so I can show my phone off.
    I have the Claro and love the case. I also bought the holster that they sell and state that the case will work with. The holster broke yesterday. The fit is so tight that its almost inevitable you will break the holster unless you want to take it off your hip and put it in the holster then put the whole thing back on. I emailed them to find out if they are going to change the design on the holster because it just doesn't work right. I'm going to try the Seidio surface holster with the case and see how that goes.
    10-20-2011 08:47 AM
    I have a minimal rubbery grip case on mine just to alleviate my paranoia about dropping it. The glass back was a little slippery when my hands were dry :/
    10-20-2011 09:01 AM
    I ordered my screen shields yesterday and once the phone gets here I will roll naked like I do with my iPhone4. I used to be a case guy, but now I am used the form factor of the naked phone. If I use anything it is something like the Barely There.
    10-20-2011 11:03 AM
    i'm definitely getting applecare+ because it's a way better deal than insurance through verizon. but what is a decent case that won't make the phone much bigger and isn't ugly?
    10-20-2011 06:57 PM
    Apple care doesnt cover you for lost/stolen. So keep that in mind.
    ame likes this.
    10-20-2011 11:18 PM
    Get carrier insurance as well, if you can.
    10-20-2011 11:28 PM
    I ordered mine and my wife's i4s's yesterday. Mine will only have scratch protection, such as sgp, Wrapsol, etc. my wife is getting a defender as she works with autistic adults and they like to listen to music with her phone. Both phones have AppleCare+.
    10-21-2011 07:53 PM
    Definitely putting a case on it. That iSkin Claro looks pretty sweet, so might order that one.
    10-22-2011 08:54 PM
    Scratch my previous post. My two year old just sent my iPhone 4 flying across the room. No damage, lucked out this time. When my 4s arrives, a defender will be waiting on it. Someday I'll get to enjoy a naked iPhone lol.
    10-23-2011 06:11 PM
115 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD