4S: to case or not to case?

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
This is very helpful information. I am checking out different options in case I get to surprise my son with an iPhone. I am a firm believer in using a case but I also think that it will be difficult to cover up such a nice device. The Invisible Shield sounds like a good option.

epidoc

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
For the AppleCare+,you may want to double check with Apple before you buy it.I pre-ordered my iP4s from AT&T and then decided to call up Apple before purchasing AppleCare+, as the Apple website has some fine print at the bottom of the AppleCare+ page saying "AppleCare+ must be purchased together with new covered equipment."

Bottom line, I was told by the Apple rep that I would have to cancel my order with AT&T and reorder my iP4s through the apple store to get a valid Applecare+ plan.

I am planning to use a zagg full body protection to avoid any scratches and carry in a belt pouch.
I agree with all of you that I would not want to cover it in case( its like seeing people in winter with thick jackets, only eyes are visible you know)
I do plan to buy apple care+ as I didn't get the option at verizon check out.

Sent using Tapatalk

2xchapter

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
definitely planning on getting a case, that is after i find the perfect metal case.

Maybe a vapor 4 or maybe a diamondback. time to search more!!

Tanker57

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have thought the same way. Apple designed it to be held and admired in it's uncovered form. But I was told the deductible for my wife's 16gb is $169 and my 32gb is $199 :eek:
So I picked up a couple of Otterbox covers on Amazon for a great discount. This is the case I see most at work. So I'll give it a try. I may hate it since I normally use skins on my phones. But there is one great thing about Apple not changing the size of the iPhone...cheap cases. These are regular priced $50 each, well I got both for $41. So time will tell.

Last edited:

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I ended up with a casemate pop but almost bought the otterbox reflex. It seemed a bit slimmer and may work for both at work and off. Otherwise I'll fins something slimmer for my off days. My job is to physical to run it naked.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I ALWAYS use a screen protector and a hard case as well as a softcase or even a thick sock. I like the looks naked but I don't trust it or myself.

My husband removed his screen protector and within 2 days the screen and back were destroyed. His keys had scratched the thing so bad I can't really understand how he can see anything.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Case-Mate Barely There for me -- and one nice thing about Apple not changing the iPhone design this year is that all my accessories... including cases... will hopefully (we will find out next Friday) work/fit perfectly

iTreHayes

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Will you carry your new iPhone 4S naked, or swathed in some sort of case? If you choose the latter, which one?

I'm going to enjoy my 4S as Apple intended - in the buff so to speak. My 3GS has lived in a Case Mate case for the past two years, mostly to protect the back from scratches. Unfortunately this didn't protect it while falling face down on concrete twice and cracking the screen each time. But with that, I bought AppleCare+ for the new phone.

I know/knew Apple products are beautiful to look at, but didn't fully appreciate how much time they put into the physical form and design until reading so many articles upon Steve Jobs passing this week. That being said, IMO it'd be a shame to not enjoy the beauty of the 4S design by spoiling it, obscured from view.

If by god I use both repairs via AppleCare before the next phone arrives, then I'll bite the bullet and get an OtterBox. But til that fateful day I'll enjoy my white 4S as it is out of the box.

What say ye?

PUT IT IN A CASE!!!!!! I am suppperrr OCD and if my iPhone 4 gets a single tiny little beauty mark on it I go insane. But that's just me personally. You don't really need an Otterbox either Incepio works prefectly for me.

Reactions: mamahack

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Society6 case?

I'm currently using a CaseMate Barely There on my BB Storm2 and love it for how it fits the phone and has protected it the few times I've dropped it..............I just found the Society6 site for iPhone cases and was wondering if anyone has previous experience with the Society 6 cases.

Reactions: mamahack

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox