Best case for iphone 4/4s

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I really love the vapor cases but are they worth it? I have read that they effect the signal on the iPhones. Also I have seen a bunch on ebay for cheaper and I was wondering if they are the same. I know they are not the same but I wonder what is different.

The products on ebay are fake replica made from Hongkong, China or Korea.
Because Element's Vapor Case has a signal problem and small dock connector,
a lot of people comepare this product with Atomic phone case.

Finally, Element is going to test out whether current vapor is going to fit to Iphone 4S or not.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
The products on ebay are fake replica made from Hongkong, China or Korea.
Because Element's Vapor Case has a signal problem and small dock connector,
a lot of people comepare this product with Atomic phone case.

Finally, Element is going to test out whether current vapor is going to fit to Iphone 4S or not.

Vapor 4 cases had signal problems. Vapor Pro cases do not.

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the Speck Candyshell line. They have a hard plastic exterior with a rubberized interior, so I feel like in addition to protecting from scratches and stuff they could actually stand some impact. All ports are accessible, and it's not too bulky.

elusivmd

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
....so expensive :eek:

True...but I think about it this way. Why am I going surround my $800+ (retail) device with $40 piece of plastic? An Otterbox might work better from a protection standpoint but I don't care for carrying around a hockey puck for a phone.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Magpul case...simple and strong. Best case I have tried.

This is what I'm using as well. Fit is perfect, it's thin enough to not be obtrusive, and the price is excellent. The only problem I've had is deciding between using the orange or flat dark earth color. I should have only gotten one.
magpuls.JPG

wHoKares

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't own an extensive collection of cases only two. For Form fitting protection, without the bulk of the Otterbox use the Incipio Destroyer. For extreme protection and added bulk the OtterBox.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
True...but I think about it this way. Why am I going surround my $800+ (retail) device with $40 piece of plastic? An Otterbox might work better from a protection standpoint but I don't care for carrying around a hockey puck for a phone.

Imo that price isn't worth it for a case. You can get something similar looking for a third of the price. Then again if you like wasting that kind of money on a case enjoy it.

iphone_guy

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Best one I have seen so far is the brushed aluminum case-mate....seems to protect well too. I have an issue with any otterbox that isn't the full blown one, you pay $50 for a rubber piece and a plastic snap over it....to me that doesn't provide any more protection that the mall-kiosk off brand ones you can buy. In my experience, get a 1 piece, slip on with hard elements and maybe some gripping, or rubber material on the sides for bounce if you drop it on your desk or a short distance.

The inherent problem with a lot of cases is they sacrifice the core of the phone (size, comfort in pocket) for protection.

Lest us not forget the sheer AGONY of pulling a sticky case out of your pocket, and your money comes flying out...

I really like the bolt on style aluminum ones as well...but a little pricey...

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Do any of the national B&M's carry OtterBox cases? I'd like to check them out before ordering.

Walmart has them. There are also a ton of YouTube videos as well.

I ended up ordering a casemate pop. Seemed like a good combination of slimness,protection, and price.($20 on amazon)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jaharr

Sindervhit

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
If I ever decided to get a case, it would be one of these.
Though they are freaking expensive. They look amazing though[/QUOTE]

I've had the Black Ops case for about 6 months now and though it definitely has a bad-ass factor to it, I'm not sure if I'd buy it again. Being aluminum with hard edges your fingers will get sore from normal use/holding. I'm definitely not a wuss about it, but there are definitely more comfortable cases around. On the pro side it wears REALLY well, I think I have one VERY slight mar in the finish from dropping it, no other wear and tear whatsoever.

The white one looks like it has slightly smoother lines, I might give that one a shot for my white 4S. That or the Book Book, or possibly the Oakley or Magpul cases for more affordability.

Sindervhit

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at my accessory bookmarks for cases and remembered I had this one. If you like carbon fiber and want something that is high end yet not over priced (relative to some I know) they have (2) options $49.99 & $89.99 which I don't think is bad.

Check youtube for reviews on these cases...they aren't good...

bdel

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I've bought this one - amazon.co.uk/iPhone-4S-Case-Genuine-Leather/dp/B0052XV0MW/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1318608252&sr=1-4

it's genuine leather case and feels expensive, and costs a fraction of a plastic case too!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR