True...but I think about it this way. Why am I going surround my $800+ (retail) device with $40 piece of plastic? An Otterbox might work better from a protection standpoint but I don't care for carrying around a hockey puck for a phone.
    Imo that price isn't worth it for a case. You can get something similar looking for a third of the price. Then again if you like wasting that kind of money on a case enjoy it.
    10-11-2011 03:00 PM
    Do any of the national B&M's carry OtterBox cases? I'd like to check them out before ordering.
    10-12-2011 11:06 AM
    Best one I have seen so far is the brushed aluminum case-mate....seems to protect well too. I have an issue with any otterbox that isn't the full blown one, you pay $50 for a rubber piece and a plastic snap over it....to me that doesn't provide any more protection that the mall-kiosk off brand ones you can buy. In my experience, get a 1 piece, slip on with hard elements and maybe some gripping, or rubber material on the sides for bounce if you drop it on your desk or a short distance.

The inherent problem with a lot of cases is they sacrifice the core of the phone (size, comfort in pocket) for protection.

Lest us not forget the sheer AGONY of pulling a sticky case out of your pocket, and your money comes flying out...

I really like the bolt on style aluminum ones as well...but a little pricey...
    10-12-2011 11:32 AM
    I found a nice case at Fadigear.com: Home of the Audioglove
    It is the Audioglove case for the iPhone 4 and it should fit the iPhone 4s.
    There is a coupon code for $5 off your order from them the code is " igadgetgeek "

10-13-2011 01:53 PM
    Do any of the national B&M's carry OtterBox cases? I'd like to check them out before ordering.
    Walmart has them. There are also a ton of YouTube videos as well.

I ended up ordering a casemate pop. Seemed like a good combination of slimness,protection, and price.($20 on amazon)

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    jaharr likes this.
    10-13-2011 08:00 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/elago-Verizon-Feeling-Protection-included/dp/B004ZJE238/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1318530849&sr=8-2

I know the listing says it will fit the 4S, but can anyone verify if it truly will? The price is too right to pass up on, as long as it will fit the 4S.
    10-13-2011 08:08 PM
    Great cases!!!
    10-14-2011 11:42 AM
    If I ever decided to get a case, it would be one of these.
    Though they are freaking expensive. They look amazing though[/QUOTE]

I've had the Black Ops case for about 6 months now and though it definitely has a bad-*** factor to it, I'm not sure if I'd buy it again. Being aluminum with hard edges your fingers will get sore from normal use/holding. I'm definitely not a wuss about it, but there are definitely more comfortable cases around. On the pro side it wears REALLY well, I think I have one VERY slight mar in the finish from dropping it, no other wear and tear whatsoever.

The white one looks like it has slightly smoother lines, I might give that one a shot for my white 4S. That or the Book Book, or possibly the Oakley or Magpul cases for more affordability.
    10-14-2011 12:05 PM

I was looking at my accessory bookmarks for cases and remembered I had this one. If you like carbon fiber and want something that is high end yet not over priced (relative to some I know) they have (2) options $49.99 & $89.99 which I don't think is bad.
    Check youtube for reviews on these cases...they aren't good...
    10-14-2011 12:42 PM
    I've bought this one - amazon.co.uk/iPhone-4S-Case-Genuine-Leather/dp/B0052XV0MW/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1318608252&sr =1-4

it's genuine leather case and feels expensive, and costs a fraction of a plastic case too!
    10-14-2011 12:44 PM
    I just bought a lifeproof case in white for my iP4S. It's what I need for work. I use a bookbook any other time. Thinking of buying a graft case they look sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-22-2011 01:40 AM
    Sorry for the same pic.

10-22-2011 01:41 AM
    I'm a big fan of the Speck Candyshell line. They have a hard plastic exterior with a rubberized interior, so I feel like in addition to protecting from scratches and stuff they could actually stand some impact. All ports are accessible, and it's not too bulky.
    I love the Speck Candyshell case too. I got the "Batwing Black" which is Black with the grey rubber trim and interior. The cases are available in a lot of fun colors as well.

http://forums.imore.com/e?link=https...token=A9junQxk

I also have the Moshi iVisor Screen Cover in black/clear. These are also available in white/clear. Love the smooth matte texture like the Power Support screen covers.

Moshi iVisorAG for iPhone 4/4S

For those of you who have the black iPhone but would like to mix it up a bit, you can get a white Candyshell (with grey, black or pink rubber trim) and a white Moshi iVisor and it looks like you have an all-white iPhone.

If you buy these in person, be sure that you check the camera openings. Some of the older cases have the smaller camera openings which result in the flash bouncing back in photos when using a 4S. The newer cases have a dime-size-ish opening.

My husband has the all-black Otterbox Defender with holster. Pretty bulky, but he is always dropping his phone so he needs the extra protection. He doesn't keep it in his pocket anyway so the bulkiness isn't an issue.
    11-02-2011 06:35 PM
    I'm leaning that way as well. Just wondering how a black case on a white phone is going to look. Ordered the white phone for something different but now thinking I have made a mistake. The contrast may look good though. Hhhmmmm

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    You probably already have a case by now but if not, you could always get a black Moshi iVisor to match the black case.

Moshi iVisorAG for iPhone 4/4S
    11-02-2011 06:40 PM
    This is what I'm using as well. Fit is perfect, it's thin enough to not be obtrusive, and the price is excellent. The only problem I've had is deciding between using the orange or flat dark earth color. I should have only gotten one.
    Click to view quoted image

I can't figure out the difference between the executive and the field. they look alike on you tube.
    Last edited by tritan; 11-02-2011 at 10:03 PM.
    11-02-2011 09:43 PM
    I can't figure out the difference between the executive and the field. they look alike on you tube.

On the Field Case, the ribs extend across the entire case, from the edges across the back.

On the Executive Field Case, the ribs are only on the sides of the case, leaving a smooth surface on the back with no ribs crossing over.

Both are excellently built cases. My only concern that may prove to be unfounded is that I haven't found the Field Case for the Verizon iPhone, only the AT&T version. They may be out there and I haven't stumbled across them, but for now, I'm Executive (Orange, Black, and Flat Dark Earth) only.
    11-02-2011 11:26 PM
    I really do love the casemate barely there. All I need is that and a matted antiglare screen protector and my phone is protected everywhere it needs to be, while not being bulky

12-30-2011 08:11 PM
    Speck CandyShell Satin here, I like it a lot.
    12-30-2011 10:01 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD