So all iPhone 4 cases/accessories will fit iPhone 4S, right?

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
All those accessories out there for the iPhone 4 can be slapped right onto a 4S right?

Or is there a slightly wider camera hole on the 4S?

Just want to be sure about that.

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
well I believe any verizon Iphone 4 accessories will fit perfectly on the Iphone4s because it is the same design. The original ATT Iphone4 i believe the volume buttons and ringer switch are off by very little so some accessories might not fit. However any accessory sold through apple fits both.

Reactions: GigaS27

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The specs are identical between the 4 and 4S, so there's no reason stuff won't fit. I ordered the bumper for my 4 but never used it, since I returned the 4 and kept my 3GS, so I'm glad I'll be able to use it with the 4S.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that the otterbox won't fit. Something about the camera lens being a different size or something like that.

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching for a case as well, the only thing I can find for sure is the Otterbox Defender won't fit because the whole is so tightly set to the camera lens, it will block the new filter. If you look at many other, like the Speck ToughSkin, it has a wider hole which causes no problems.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
There are a few other cases out there that wont fit if the camera lens is specific to the iP4. The iP4S has a slightly larger camera opening/lens. Otterbox said that if you use an iP4S in an iP4 case, that it affects picture taking.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
There are a few other cases out there that wont fit if the camera lens is specific to the iP4. The iP4S has a slightly larger camera opening/lens. Otterbox said that if you use an iP4S in an iP4 case, that it affects picture taking.

An iP4 in a iP4S otterbox will however work fine. Not arguing with anything you've said, just adding on to it. So basically the cases are backwards compatible just not forwards.

Reactions: zackawee27

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77