Will iPhone 4 cases fit iPhone 4S?

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
From what I read on Apple's website comparing the 2 phones aside from the 4S weighing 3 grams more and everything else (ie buttons) being in the same place we should be able to use our iPhone 4 cases? Correct me if I am wrong.

Apple - iPhone - Compare

Also on a side note not relating to accessories is the new phone supposed to have 1gb of ram? The spec sheet Rene put out comparing phones on the front page has a question mark next to it.

AttaQ

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
What I am wondering is if the "Verizon iPhone 4" cases will work better with the minimal tweaks they have vs the original AT&T cases...

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4S Dimensions same as iPhone 4 (Verizon Model)

We've been able to confirm that the iPhone 4S will have the same physical dimensions as the iPhone 4. Also the camera hole on the back of the iPhone 4S is the same size as the one on the iPhone 4.

The only issues we may run into with the iPhone 4S dimensions is that the Mute Button/Silent Switch looks like it's in the same place as the iPhone 4 for Verizon. Meaning that any cases that are only designed for the iPhone 4 (AT&T) will likely have some issues with proper alignment for the Mute Switch hole that is usually built into most cases.

Having said that, most iPhone 4 cases being sold today are compatible with both the AT&T and Verizon varieties of iPhone. So these cases should have no problem giving proper access to the Mute Button / Silent Switch on the iPhone 4S.

For a wide variety of the Best iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S Cases visit iPhone Case Warehouse

Last edited: