Cases for iPhone 4S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)Well Brinda & Alli, i was out shopping today because i was bored, lol. I came across a computer shop that was selling the BookBook at 30% off, so i grabbed it in the vintage brown. The opening up top is the larger one, but because it was the 'older' color thats why it was on clearance. The newer BookBooks have the black color block on the "BookBook" wording and the "XII" is in red block(confirmed this with 2 reps from TwelveSouth when i called). I made sure it was an authorized retailer for TwelveSouth first too. When i got home, i put my phone with a few cards, cash and dL into it. So far, i like it - i know the leather has to break in as well, and my phone fit into it with the zebra skin on it which actually looks pretty cute peeking through the leather holder:) Also, the nice thing about it is if i want to just use my phone naked i can still use the wallet the way it is.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Haha! Nice Pink! You know, I kinda thought the one they sent me looked a little different... It has the black and red you mentioned. Shows how much attention I pay! ;)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
question for you Otterbox peeps..

i have the commuter (for work) this morning i was putting it onto my phone and the left side (plastic piece) cracked/split. what are my options at this point, warranty?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
question for you Otterbox peeps..

i have the commuter (for work) this morning i was putting it onto my phone and the left side (plastic piece) cracked/split. what are my options at this point, warranty?

Give them a call BLiNK... The silicone on my Defender case warped and was gaping over the home button... I had a replacement case in a week... Their customer service is top notch!!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Last week sometime, before i got my BookBook, i ordered the Spigen SPG Neo hybrid ][S bumper series silicone & shell in sherbert pink & rec'd it yesterday. While i LOVED the color, i was not too impressed with the 2 piece bumper overall, and for $21 i dont feel its worth keeping...its going right back! The silicone piece of it seems just tooooo flimsy. I'm happier with my $2 bumpers from Amazon, lol.

Besides the fact, since i've put my phone into the BookBook, i'm actually having a hard time just to go without it & use just a bumper!! i LOVE the wallet/case that much:D

BTW, Alli or Brinda, since i know for sure you girls also have the BookBook. Have either one of you considered using mink oil or have you done so just to break in the leather a bit faster? Or have you used any other product to break it in quicker? (perhaps a coach leather product?) Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
BTW, Alli or Brinda, since i know for sure you girls also have the BookBook. Have either one of you considered using mink oil or have you done so just to break in the leather a bit faster? Or have you used any other product to break it in quicker? (perhaps a coach leather product?) Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated:)

Actually, I had the Little Black Book, since it has an opening for your camera. Never tried using anything on it. Alas, it was destroyed by some yutz of a security alarm installer, who managed to spill cleaning fluid everywhere and didn't bother mentioning that he'd done so. I lost my Little Black Book for iPhone and iPad, and a few other things I'd had sitting on top of my washing machine. :(

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I had the Little Black Book, since it has an opening for your camera. Never tried using anything on it. Alas, it was destroyed by some yutz of a security alarm installer, who managed to spill cleaning fluid everywhere and didn't bother mentioning that he'd done so. I lost my Little Black Book for iPhone and iPad, and a few other things I'd had sitting on top of my washing machine. :(

ahhhhhh....ok. I thought you had the black BookBook:) Sorry to hear it got destroyed on you:( that must've been a huge disappointment indeed. Did the technician even offer to replace it for you? It sounds like the logical thing to have been done, or at least the company to replace it, along with your other items that were ruined on top of your washing machine!

Just to add, i tried googling about using mink oil on it - so far i only came across one comment posted on the 'idownloadblog' on a review they did of it back in Aug.2011. The person posting only used it on the 'spine' of the bookbook with no harmful results.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Pink, I never used anything on my 11 month old, original Bookbook. They suggest laying it top down for a while and after a week or so, it stays closed nicely. The replacement they sent me lays flat without any break-in. My experience was that the oils from your hands add enough to soften it.

Do you get a lot of comments on it?! Seems every time I use mine, someone always asks what it is and they love it! ;)

Alli, sorry to hear about your ruined cases. :( I agree with Pink, that the guy could have been stand-up enough to mention it AND offer to replace your items. :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Yea, it would have been nice, but I never noticed he'd made such a mess, so it was a week before I found everything. Next time I follow behind them.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink, I never used anything on my 11 month old, original Bookbook. They suggest laying it top down for a while and after a week or so, it stays closed nicely. The replacement they sent me lays flat without any break-in. My experience was that the oils from your hands add enough to soften it.

Do you get a lot of comments on it?! Seems every time I use mine, someone always asks what it is and they love it! ;)

Ok thanks Brinda:) I have layed it top down when i remember and that has helped indeed. Today is just a week of using and having it so it's finally starting to break in nicely !! i LOOOOOOVE this thing!!:D

When i first came home after purchasing it, setting my phone & stuff etc., my husband saw it and the first thing he said was "its nice, even looks like a mini Bible." My 16yo daughter also likes it & is considering getting one as well, so i told her i'd be happy to buy one for her if it makes life easier to carry her school id, library card & some cash. The other day while i was at Dd's getting my coffee, the young lady saw it & complimented on it too:) and the vintage brown reminds me of a leather bomber jacket!

It is a great little wallet/case indeed, and the quality is well worth the money:) i couldnt be happier with it:D I know i say that about most of my cases, but this one i REALLY cant part with - not even to put a bumper on my phone. The ONLY time i take my phone out is at night going to bed only if i need to charge (in the dock), if not it stays in my BookBook on my endtable;):)

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it would have been nice, but I never noticed he'd made such a mess, so it was a week before I found everything. Next time I follow behind them.

It was an unfortunate mis-hap indeed, but whenever i have anyone into the house for repairs etc., i either 1) make sure my husband is home or 2) follow them around like a lost puppy LOL

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I picked up a CaseCrown Chameleon case in purple/brown and it's too purdy on the white iPhone! $10.22 shipped from Amazon. :eek: I'll post pics soon.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just trying out the awesome new iMore Forums app. Posting a pic of my black mophie juice pack plus and Disney carrying case. :)

[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imore-forums/id518644175?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iMore Forums app[/URL]

Last edited:

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Personally I use an incipio feather most of the time but swap it out with my imitation bookbook I picked up off eBay. Paid 6 bucks for it shipped the lettering on the spine was upside down but wore off quickly. It might not be the same as the official bookbook. The I am able to stomach the price a lot better though, heh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I picked up a CaseCrown Chameleon case in purple/brown and it's too purdy on the white iPhone! $10.22 shipped from Amazon. :eek: I'll post pics soon.

:)i looked this up on Amazon (you knew i couldnt resist, lol) and its really nice!! It actually looks just like the Incase metallic slider case that i had in pink, without the bigger price tag !!

Enjoy Brin, def looks like it will be really pretty on the white 4S;):)

PS- my BookBook for my iPad1 will be here today:D cant wait !!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
:)i looked this up on Amazon (you knew i couldnt resist, lol) and its really nice!! It actually looks just like the Incase metallic slider case that i had in pink, without the bigger price tag !!

Enjoy Brin, def looks like it will be really pretty on the white 4S;):)

PS- my BookBook for my iPad1 will be here today:D cant wait !!

I knew you would! ;) Where'd you get the iPad 1 BookBook?! I want one, but they're not on the Twelvesouth site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR