Cases for iPhone 4S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got this new bumper from Amazon today $6 + $2 shipping - i love it along with my pink leopard print home button sticker!

photo-57.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
i got the commuter case today from iMore store...it has the made in china silicone layer but its all warped and wonk. I put it on the phone and it was not touching the phone in a few places around the screen. I don't think it will ever get better so I took it right back off and Im going to send it back. I liked it, though after having this matte candy shell I think the hard part was REALLY slick.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i got the commuter case today from iMore store...it has the made in china silicone layer but its all warped and wonk. I put it on the phone and it was not touching the phone in a few places around the screen. I don't think it will ever get better so I took it right back off and Im going to send it back. I liked it, though after having this matte candy shell I think the hard part was REALLY slick.

Ame, I had the same exact issue when i tried the pink/white commuter a few mths ago, and i purchased mine from an authorized Verizon Wireless shop. I actually hated the commuter - it seems very poorly made IMO.

Mine went right back the same exact day within an hour of purchase!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thought the same thing when I saw a black commuter case at the AT&T store back when we were really into Otterbox. They let you try it on your phone in the store. Seemed flimsy so I passed. Quite a disappointment for an Otterbox product. :(

Ame, I had the same exact issue when i tried the pink/white commuter a few mths ago, and i purchased mine from an authorized Verizon Wireless shop. I actually hated the commuter - it seems very poorly made IMO.

Mine went right back the same exact day within an hour of purchase!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think if the hard part was less smooth it might work better for me, but that wasn't that big of a deal. What killed it for me aws that the silicone was just warped and wonky. I do like that the charging port and jack port are covered tho. I might need to see if I can find little doohickies to put in those that will work with the Candyshell.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Update on BookBook. My first one was approaching a year old and the phone was sliding up in the case and messing with the proximity sensor. I emailed Twelvesouth and sent the old one back for exchange. The new one doesn't cover the top front at all, above the PS, and the tab that holds the phone in place is longer and thicker. Now I love it again!! The whole process took 1 week from email. They're awesome!

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I did it. I just bought the Mophie Juice Pack Pro. It's a but in the big side but for what I want it for its great. And the battery should last all weekend.

iPhone.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Update on BookBook. My first one was approaching a year old and the phone was sliding up in the case and messing with the proximity sensor. I emailed Twelvesouth and sent the old one back for exchange. The new one doesn't cover the top front at all, above the PS, and the tab that holds the phone in place is longer and thicker. Now I love it again!! The whole process took 1 week from email. They're awesome!

Is it definately better than the original one. May have to gab one.

iPhone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
MUCH better! I wish I'd taken a picture of the original one I had for comparison. I'll snap a picture of the new one and add it to this post, shortly.

I'd like to see it also Brin:) I know the few Apple shops by me stopped selling them and about 3wks ago the Apple store had them on discontinued discounted pricing-I'm guessing that was the "old" version. I've been interested in getting one myself because I like the look of it. I wonder though, would my phone with the zebra skin fit into it?

I also went directly onto the TwelveSouth site last night, but I wouldn't know if the ones they have are the updated version or the older one. So I didn't order one.

idlin

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use a Navy Blue Casemate Barely-There. It's the older one so there's a hole on it for the Apple logo at the back. Fits great and it's 'protected' my phone during a few little drops. lol

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see it also Brin:) I know the few Apple shops by me stopped selling them and about 3wks ago the Apple store had them on discontinued discounted pricing-I'm guessing that was the "old" version. I've been interested in getting one myself because I like the look of it. I wonder though, would my phone with the zebra skin fit into it?

I also went directly onto the TwelveSouth site last night, but I wouldn't know if the ones they have are the updated version or the older one. So I didn't order one.

Okay, the first photo is horrible, but you can see how close the case sits on top of the proximity sensor. (Had to find one online). The second photo is of the new one on my phone. It sits flush with the top edge of the phone. I'm going to say that Twelvesouth has replaced the old version, but they'll get right back to you if you email them. If you order from them, you can save tax and shipping is free.

View attachment 17979

View attachment 17980

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I continue to dislike about the BookBook is that you have to remove your phone to use the camera.

Agreed. I'm rethinking the idea of modifying mine. I think sliding it out to take pictures is what caused the flap to weaken and thus my sensor issues.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I continue to dislike about the BookBook is that you have to remove your phone to use the camera.

Agreed. I'm rethinking the idea of modifying mine. I think sliding it out to take pictures is what caused the flap to weaken and thus my sensor issues.

I've thought about the whole camera thing too. In all honesty, I really don't use my camera much at all, so in a nutshell this wouldn't be an issue for me. I can see how opening and refolding that flap down would cause the leather to loosen over a bit of time. I really like the look of the case, wallet, what ever you wanna call it lol. The ONLY problem I have now is I've gotten to the point within the past couple of days that I don't even have a bumper on my phone at all anymore. When I put the zebra skin on my phone I had the bumper on for just a few hours and then removed it completely and haven't put it back on since. I've gotten very comfortable using the phone caseless now a days, so IDK how much I'd actually use the BookBook at this point.

At any rate, I'm still deciding if I'd like to get it.....we shall see:)

Thanks for posting the pics also Brinda!!

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've thought about the whole camera thing too. In all honesty, I really don't use my camera much at all, so in a nutshell this wouldn't be an issue for me. I can see how opening and refolding that flap down would cause the leather to loosen over a bit of time. I really like the look of the case, wallet, what ever you wanna call it lol. The ONLY problem I have now is I've gotten to the point within the past couple of days that I don't even have a bumper on my phone at all anymore. When I put the zebra skin on my phone I had the bumper on for just a few hours and then removed it completely and haven't put it back on since. I've gotten very comfortable using the phone caseless now a days, so IDK how much I'd actually use the BookBook at this point.

At any rate, I'm still deciding if I'd like to get it.....we shall see:)

Thanks for posting the pics also Brinda!!

You are most welcome! I'm looking at cases as I type this. It's a sickness! (((sigh))) :D

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I like the NGP case by incipio. I've tried the speck candyshell as well as the case mate equivalent to candy shell. BOTH had an issue of flaking and it got rather annoying using my phone and having rough patches on the screen. So far this NGP case is doing the job.