Cases for iPhone 4S

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I went from a Case-mate to a Zag shield (Front & Back, installed at Best Buy perfectly) with the Apple bumper. It's a great set up to have a thin and protected iPhone.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
and reading the searched posts, I need to hope my silicone is from China!

Ame, you'll know almost instantly if it was made in the USA vs China... A buddy of mine's Dad has the blue Otterbox commuter [US] (his is the 2 shades of blue not the blue/white combo) and it didn't get dirty at all. Hopefully you'll be ok.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I went from a Case-mate to a Zag shield (Front & Back, installed at Best Buy perfectly) with the Apple bumper. It's a great set up to have a thin and protected iPhone.

I've been rocking a bumper with front & back screen protectos myself for about 2weeks(? I think ?) now as well and I love it- he11, I even took the bumper off yesterday all day and let my phone go naked:D

I'm really getting more used to the more minimal feel of the phone without having a case:)

I'm going to be ordering the speck fitsleeve in purple today so when I want to take the bumper off I have something to keep my phone in when I'm not using it - thanks mistah m for you opinion;):D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The two Speck Candyshell Grip cases that I ordered for my 4S came today. I got the Purple/Black and Blue/Black colored cases from eBay for less than $35 shipped. I really like the case so far. It is more rounded than Specks regular Candyshell cases and almost makes it look like the 3S. The rubber on the back and sides makes it much more comfortable in the hand. It seems lighter than the other Speck cases that I have as well. Only negative "if" you could call it that, is this case will show scratches more than a lighter case would. However, this isn't such a big deal for me since I would rather have a scratch on the cases than my iPhone. :)

6c02d126-2880-be2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh boy, watch out, Pink is at it again haha!! What happened to your love of the griffin?! I knew a cure was too good to be true ;)

You all have me itching for a new case now!! Hopefully the new iPhone will be announced in September!! That's a good (and mandatory) reason for a new case!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
:DOMG Rose.....WHY would you post that:eek: i LOOOOOOOVE the purple one - and now i want it too:eek: LOL!!

Good for you, enjoy them:D

awww.....damn case addiction!!!

Thanks, Pink. Funny thing that you mention the Purple case as that one is the one I put on first and will probably keep on for the next few days.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh boy, watch out, Pink is at it again haha!! What happened to your love of the griffin?! I knew a cure was too good to be true ;)

You all have me itching for a new case now!! Hopefully the new iPhone will be announced in September!! That's a good (and mandatory) reason for a new case!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Nope! I'm going to refrain from gettin yet another full case!! Im honestly enjoying my pink bumper for my phone-in fact I actually ordered another 4 colors yesterday----all for $2 ea on amazon & that included shipping charges:) so I'm gonna have some fun changing off bumper colors for a while now;):):D

Thanks, Pink. Funny thing that you mention the Purple case as that one is the one I put on first and will probably keep on for the next few days.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

W00T!! Yay for the purpuleeeeee case:D

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Nope! I'm going to refrain from gettin yet another full case!! Im honestly enjoying my pink bumper for my phone-in fact I actually ordered another 4 colors yesterday----all for $2 ea on amazon & that included shipping charges:) so I'm gonna have some fun changing off bumper colors for a while now;):):D

Well at least that's "budget" fun haha. $2 a bumper isn't bad at all (especially when they are normally $30+)!! I really like those CandyShell Grip cases. I'm still using my regular CS white/black - Stormtrooper. Has anyone ever noticed their CS getting loose after you've had it for awhile? I don't make it a habit of taking the case off - maybe a handful of times. The past week or so, whenever I pull it out of my pocket, the phone seems to be forward a little. I have to push it back in to get it into place.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well at least that's "budget" fun haha. $2 a bumper isn't bad at all (especially when they are normally $30+)!! I really like those CandyShell Grip cases. I'm still using my regular CS white/black - Stormtrooper. Has anyone ever noticed their CS getting loose after you've had it for awhile? I don't make it a habit of taking the case off - maybe a handful of times. The past week or so, whenever I pull it out of my pocket, the phone seems to be forward a little. I have to push it back in to get it into place.

Indeed budget efficient;) I've actually compared the ones I get from amazon to the one in the apple store - they are identical;):)

As for you cs being loose, that's never happened to me. I'd give speck a call-they warranty their cases for up to a year

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I may shoot them an email again. After I ordered these suckers from Amazon, I asked if there was a way to verify if they were genuine (the 2 I ordered are official) so at least I have the warranty if I need it!!

PS - Just noticed this was my 400th post and the 1,111 post in this thread!

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

If you like Specks CS case I think you'll love the Grip case. I've been using it for the past 24 hours and I love it.... None of my CS cases have ever gotten loose over time, but as Pink said, if you have had the case less than a year call Speck and they'll send out a replacement to you.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If you like Specks CS case I think you'll love the Grip case. I've been using it for the past 24 hours and I love it.... None of my CS cases have ever gotten loose over time, but as Pink said, if you have had the case less than a year call Speck and they'll send out a replacement to you.

Irish Rose!! Ahhhh... I love my white and black CS, now I'm itching for a Grip! Plus Speck has a special going on - 40% off to the first 4,000 FB fans. I'll have to check them out. I'm trying really hard not to get a new case - especially when the iPhone 5 is in the near future!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I actually returned the Grip! I HATED IT. I didn't like the shape, the size or the little weirdness onthe back.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Irish Rose!! Ahhhh... I love my white and black CS, now I'm itching for a Grip! Plus Speck has a special going on - 40% off to the first 4,000 FB fans. I'll have to check them out. I'm trying really hard not to get a new case - especially when the iPhone 5 is in the near future!

Lol! I've been on and off their site ALL d@mn day trying to decide! :eek:

I need another case like I need another hole in my head! (((sigh)))

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods