Cases for iPhone 4S

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I think it's still on the ATT end. The number or the account. I think I am on like #14 or something. I NEVER had an issue til October when my 4 got stolen. It's been a mess since. The Apple store guy said this one is uncommon but not unheard of. He just said that it rarely affects the signalling portion. This he said has nothing to do with my account or number, it just went bad. He also said that this is probably what was being signaled when I was having the system apps crashing and it just crapped out eventually. I have had four that were just bad hardware, One had a charging issue, one had a weird dead thing happen to the screen in the bottom left. This was a new one and I can't remember what was wrong with the other. Eitehr way...fail. FAIL. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
omg, #14? damn woman, you certainly have patience!! As for your 4 being stolen AND then having issues - idk, is it possible the thief mucked with something on your acct? Is that even possible? I know AT&T probably told you no, right? I understand this one you just had was a total hardware issue, and i do rem you posting about your email app in specific crashing on you ALOT.

So now this replacement you have, you think somethings up with it too? I wonder if you were to really push AT&T and get a new number as a very last resort effort to stratighten all this muck out, would that make a difference for you - OR if you've just really been unlucky to get a lemon each time ??? I really hate to hear when anyone has a bad experience with any device, whether its a bb, iPhone, droid etc. it doesn't leave you feeling very 'warm & fuzzy' that you have a reliable device/platform.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think a couple were legitimately lemons which is just how that goes, but I honestly believe there's something in my account somewhere. The first like 8 were related to the SIM frying the phone because it was looking for something that wasn't there. We have set up new accounts and ported the numbers, we have set up totally new accounts and numbers and I used that for a while, then swapped sims...we don't really know. I don't think the thief did anything to the account per se, I think that when we got the replacement we really messed it up. My friend offered to use her upgrade just so I wasn't shelling it out on vacation but no good deed goes unpunished and I think that was it. We made sure that my number was not tied to her account anymore but it's still a hot mess. My husband still thinks there's some setting that is checked or unchecked that needs fixed, and since he can actually VIEW my stuff he's actually been looking. Obviously both sides think it's the others' fault. Shocking I know.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yea, unfortunately there are the few that slip through and dont function right unfortunately. What ever is going on with it all, hopefully you guys can get it worked out - the sooner the better. maybe your husband poking around in the acct can figure something out. I'm at a loss of ideas & it sounds like you guys have tried just about everything under the sun to fix this hot mess.....

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I am kind of sick of it. I don't know what else to do. He's out of ideas but thankfully he is able to poke and see if maybe some option is wrong. But I guess I keep tolerating. Wee.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
nice heatherly!! enjoy!! :D

so, i was poking around on amazon doing a little case hunting - in the 'warehouse deals' section i came across a griffin survivor in the pink/white for $17 + $5 shipping!! Yep - i ordered it lol. It was a used like new condition - so prob someone that ordered it & didnt like it. So hey, for $22 i'll take it! Better than paying $50 on griffins site;) it has a 30 day return policy so if theres a prob with it i can send it back;):)

I also rec'd my 'knock off'' pink/white defender type case from eBay yesterday - well, lets just say i'm not crazy about it. It does look exaclty like a defender, but for $6 it was obviously made cheaper lol. The outter silicone wasnt stiff like the ob def's are - it was more of a 'jelly style' silicone. the plastic shell is just like the def's, but the built in screen protector wasnt great at all-very thin. i did try it on my phone, but was not too happy with it - so it'll be going to donations:)

My next case purchase will be the ob defender studio one in 'celestial':)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've made another eBay purchase last weekend, prior to ordering & receiving my Griffin Survivor in pink/white (which i absolutely LOVE). Its an affordable version of Ion's Nouveau Art scroll case(which i refuse to pay $35+ for) that i got for $4.99 + free shipping, seller is out of CA. The case scrolling is hot metallic pink:) I like to call this my "iPhone's bikini" :p LOL because its so minimal - this case is clearly for appearance purposes only:) i think it looks very pretty and stunning on my white 4S, along with a hot pink leopard home button sticker & a pink crystal headphone dust plug(i can never get a good pic of it) - ready to paint the town:D (i removed my griffin survivor just for the photo shoot lol)

photo-47.jpg

photo-46.jpg

:eek:i dont remember who's blog i got the pink lep wp from, but TYVM to who shared it:)

and here's the link for the case if anyone is interested in ordering it :)
hot pink hollow pattern iphone case

CarolinaDiva

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I've made another eBay purchase last weekend, prior to ordering & receiving my Griffin Survivor in pink/white (which i absolutely LOVE). Its an affordable version of Ion's Nouveau Art scroll case(which i refuse to pay $35+ for) that i got for $4.99 + free shipping, seller is out of CA. The case scrolling is hot metallic pink:) I like to call this my "iPhone's bikini" :p LOL because its so minimal - this case is clearly for appearance purposes only:) i think it looks very pretty and stunning on my white 4S, along with a hot pink leopard home button sticker & a pink crystal headphone dust plug(i can never get a good pic of it) - ready to paint the town:D (i removed my griffin survivor just for the photo shoot lol)

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

:eek:i dont remember who's blog i got the pink lep wp from, but TYVM to who shared it:)

and here's the link for the case if anyone is interested in ordering it :)
hot pink hollow pattern iphone case

Have you ordered the Celestial case yet? :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you ordered the Celestial case yet? :)

No Carolina, actually i haven't, but i did get the Griffin Survivor in pink/white last week and have been using it ever since then. I LOVE this case - i only removed it on Saturday to 'dress up' my phone for a social gathering we had and as soon as it was over, my Griffin went right back on:)

As much as i love the Griffin Survivor case, idk when or IF i'll even get that 'celestial' ob defender anymore!

CarolinaDiva

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
No Carolina, actually i haven't, but i did get the Griffin Survivor in pink/white last week and have been using it ever since then. I LOVE this case - i only removed it on Saturday to 'dress up' my phone for a social gathering we had and as soon as it was over, my Griffin went right back on:)

As much as i love the Griffin Survivor case, idk when or IF i'll even get that 'celestial' ob defender anymore!

:) I havent tried the Griffin cases... Yet LOL :)

julily

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Will the 4S use the same cases as the Verizon iPhone 4, the AT&T iPhone 4, or has something small changed which will necessitate a new case tweak?

Thanks!
Nick

some iphone case yes, some no, like Soccer Ball iPhone 4/4S Case is not compatible with the Sprint or Verizon iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S but Element Case vapor comp for iPhone4 4S can, check out for more iphone case with theideasforgift online store and you'll know more

CarolinaDiva

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site

Well I just got the purple Survivor case ;) lol I will let you know how I like it!

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone here used the Seidio Surface case (*cough*Pink*cough*)? I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 5 (or whatever it's called) later this year. I was thinking that getting the Surface case and one of their computer docks might be a nice setup since you can dock the phone while in its case. That + my iHome and I'll be set!!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone here used the Seidio Surface case (*cough*Pink*cough*)? I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 5 (or whatever it's called) later this year. I was thinking that getting the Surface case and one of their computer docks might be a nice setup since you can dock the phone while in its case. That + my iHome and I'll be set!!

iLive, i hate to break it to ya, but this is a case i haven't tried LOL!

I'm going to investigate it now tho LOL!

edit: ok, i just looked around at it - its a slider case that is very similar to the Incase Metallic slider that i had. I liked the case overall, but it was a PITA to remove, thats why i ret'd it. But thats the Incase one - the Seidio may be easier to use, plus the option to be able to dock it like you want is nice to have also without having to remove the case. I couldnt use my Apple dock with the Incase slider unless i removed the bottom piece of the case.

The Seidio does look like a nice case also:)

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
SO i rec'd my Krussel Luna leather pouch yesterday from iMore - i really do like the overall quality & softness of the leather. The ONLY thing i wasnt happy about is the sand color shown looked like a nice summery cream color, which i thought would look GREAT with my white 4S. When i rec'd it, the pouch (looks to me) is actually a grayish/sand color - its not a creamy color. NOW :eek: it does specify below all of the description that color shown may not actually reflect the color in 'real life' I must've overlooked this when ordering it - Oops! So i originally considered exchanging it for another color, but it actually grew on me:) It is a nice neutral, regardless of what color the phone or bumper case showing peeks out of it, so i'm going to stick with this one!!

I do have a bumper on my phone currently, and it does fit in the pouch - snuggly. But the leather is starting to loosen up a bit just from using it last night. I thought this would be a great pouch to use, espeically when i'm only using a bumper on my phone for the added protection. The leather is nice & soft, as well as 'rich' looking.

The back also has a loop for an O-ring - this option is great for those of you that want to use a lanyard to carry your phone, or hang around your neck:) iMore had a nice sale price, along with a 10% coupon i had as well - and this turned out to be a good buy:D & shipping was great too!! Thanks iMore!!

photo-50.jpg

photo-49.jpg

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
iLive, i hate to break it to ya, but this is a case i haven't tried LOL!

I'm going to investigate it now tho LOL!

edit: ok, i just looked around at it - its a slider case that is very similar to the Incase Metallic slider that i had. I liked the case overall, but it was a PITA to remove, thats why i ret'd it. But thats the Incase one - the Seidio may be easier to use, plus the option to be able to dock it like you want is nice to have also without having to remove the case. I couldnt use my Apple dock with the Incase slider unless i removed the bottom piece of the case.

The Seidio does look like a nice case also:)

Pink, remember that story I mentioned in one of those other threads about Incase. That metallic slider was the case that girl I used to work with who threw her phone across the parking lot!! I think her's was either purple or pink. I think being able to dock the phone would be nice. I have cables everywhere. A desktop dock for the iMac and then I have my iHome in my room (I'll probably just scoop up an adapter if the dock connector does in fact change on the new iPhone).

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, just a follow up on the LifeProof. Sorry to say that for me, the case just didn't work out. I LOVE the protection it offers but I just didn't overall like the way the screen lost some sensitivity, and then the sound was more muffled to me. With the port door open, the sound did improve, but I certainly can't leave it open all the time, that just defeats the purpose of the case overall.

So this case just isn't for me.

Way to copy MY POST word for word. . :rolleyes:
Originally posted by me on 12/8/2011 post#102

Well, just a follow up on the LifeProof. Sorry to say that for me, the case just didn't work out. I LOVE the protection it offers but I just didn't overall like the way the screen lost some sensitivity, and then the sound was more muffled to me. With the port door open, the sound did improve, but I certainly can't leave it open all the time, that just defeats the purpose of the case overall.

So this case just isn't for me.

Last edited: