Cases for iPhone 4S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Was it a white Mophie by chance? The reason I ask is I have the juice pack plus in black as well as the plus outdoor edition and neither one have caused washout with flash usage. From the pics on Mophie site it seems like the flash ring maybe of a higher gloss finish than on the black one I have.

no, itech, i actually have the black/pink JP Plus. Idk why it happened with mine then, but i took 2 pics and both were washed out with the flash - when i took the top piece off the Mophie from my phone (so the Mophie camera slot was not blocking my phone) & used my flash, my pics came out perfectly.

i think the thickness of the case and the way its cut out on an angle causes it - idk strange how yours didnt do that. I'm going to try mine out again tonight if i rememver too lol, and see what my results are.
photo-32.jpg

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I know what you're thinking of - those special cases and charging mats for wireless charging. I don't think the Grid is for wireless charging. I looks to be a battery case like a Mophie (I just hoped onto their website). I'm not sure if it's this one or the "Pro" model, but one of them has an actual, removable, battery that's inserted into the case. I don't know how I feel about that.

I buy a lot from Amazon, but I am not purchasing any cases that could potentially be knock offs again! I really lucked out getting those legit CandyShells for cheap. I like to gamble but don't want to be stupid about it!! I definitely want to get a battery case at some point in the near future. I actually just picked up another freelance client (which means more calls and emails), so it would be awesome not having to always be plugged into the wall or my car.

yep, i see what your saying. I went onto Incipio myself as well as Amazon for the Grid charging cases from them. Well, the only thing i liked about it is that its avail in all purple (on amazon) and as much as i would REALLY want it, i already have 2 Mophie JP Plus' - black/pink & black/purple. So i'll just stick with what i've got:)

As for using Amazon, I've been pretty lucky as well - honestly i've only bought 1 candyshell from them(in Nov2011) & i actually think its fake, lol, but both my daughter & i use it and surprisingly its held up really well!! But i do have 3 sellers that i only deal with now for 4S cases & accessories, and if an item is by a different seller, i'm extremely cautious before i make a purchase;) I just recently bought a earbud 'plug/charm' in pink crystal and i ablsolutely LOVE it !! :D It was last week sometime, for $2, - when i went check back for another color like purple, the prices had jumped to $6-$8 each i was like NO WAY lol and passed up on making a 2nd purchase....i'll wait till they come down:) The tip of it also acts as a sim tray 'opener' but i dont need to use that.

photo-33.jpg

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Rocking it naked with front a back protectors... this phone is too nice to keep a case on it. Also, what's the point of having AppleCare+ if I don't take a risk with it, right? Haha

I have Verizon's insurnace which covers lost and stolen phones but then again, I'm also around 1300 pound animals most of the afternoon. I doubt my iPhone would survive against a horse hoof and one who tries to eat it. :)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
yep, i see what your saying. I went onto Incipio myself as well as Amazon for the Grid charging cases from them. Well, the only thing i liked about it is that its avail in all purple (on amazon) and as much as i would REALLY want it, i already have 2 Mophie JP Plus' - black/pink & black/purple. So i'll just stick with what i've got:)

As for using Amazon, I've been pretty lucky as well - honestly i've only bought 1 candyshell from them(in Nov2011) & i actually think its fake, lol, but both my daughter & i use it and surprisingly its held up really well!! But i do have 3 sellers that i only deal with now for 4S cases & accessories, and if an item is by a different seller, i'm extremely cautious before i make a purchase;) I just recently bought a earbud 'plug/charm' in pink crystal and i ablsolutely LOVE it !! :D It was last week sometime, for $2, - when i went check back for another color like purple, the prices had jumped to $6-$8 each i was like NO WAY lol and passed up on making a 2nd purchase....i'll wait till they come down:) The tip of it also acts as a sim tray 'opener' but i dont need to use that.

Click to view quoted image

I had no idea there were so many accessories for the iPhone. When I saw your post, I saw the picture first. My initial reaction was "Why did Pink post a picture of an earring?!"

I'm tempted to pick up an OffGrid case, especially for the great price. The only thing is, if I pass my iPhone on to my Dad, I'll require him to use my Defender case. He is quite klutzy and I want to make sure the phone lasts longer than 24 hours. I've never bought from any sellers other than Amazon. Which sellers do you recommend? I'm not in the market for anything, but it's always fun to browse!!

PS - I'm really liking my white CS still but that thing is so scratched up on the back. I think I just breathed on it a little to hard and scratched it. The only nice thing is the white camouflages the scratches and they aren't noticeable.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I had no idea there were so many accessories for the iPhone. When I saw your post, I saw the picture first. My initial reaction was "Why did Pink post a picture of an earring?!"
lmao !! it does resemble an earring or gauge LOL !! But no, its a "neat little dress up your earphone plug gem" kinda thing:D I even found home buttons that are gems also & YOU know i'll be hunting down a pink crystal one for my phone too LOL!!

I'm tempted to pick up an OffGrid case, especially for the great price. The only thing is, if I pass my iPhone on to my Dad, I'll require him to use my Defender case. He is quite klutzy and I want to make sure the phone lasts longer than 24 hours. I've never bought from any sellers other than Amazon. Which sellers do you recommend? I'm not in the market for anything, but it's always fun to browse!!
For sellers on Amazon that i've had really good luck with: 1) BastexWireless, they ship from TX 2) AA Accessories, i think they ship from NY(if i rem correctly) 3) Seller1on1, i think NY also. 4) I just tried CellAccessoriesStore (ny also? not sure) , ordered 1 tpu case from them & rec'd it quickly & i was happy with the quality of it for $1.50:D So i added them to my list of sellers i'll deal with:)

PS - I'm really liking my white CS still but that thing is so scratched up on the back. I think I just breathed on it a little to hard and scratched it. The only nice thing is the white camouflages the scratches and they aren't noticeable.
Yes, i know what you mean about the scratching up on the back, but the white shells do camaflouge better. I also have the Sea Dragon purple one, and you can see how bad the scratches are:( but i still love the case:)

Last edited:

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone on here heard of the catalyst escape capsule? Might be a good case for you who want the protection of a Lifeproof case but also wanna show your iPhone off. The catalyst is a clear case and it's fully waterproof and shockproof but the good thing too is you can put it on and take it off as many times as you want, check them out.

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone on here heard of the catalyst escape capsule? Might be a good case for you who want the protection of a Lifeproof case but also wanna show your iPhone off. The catalyst is a clear case and it's fully waterproof and shockproof but the good thing too is you can put it on and take it off as many times as you want, check them out.

It looks a little to bulky compared to life proof

Sent from my iPad HD! using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha I'd expect nothing less, Pink! You keep everything matched up and looking good :cool:

Thanks for the Amazon seller suggestions. I glanced as some of the items they had up for sale - I was shocked at the large selection of cases available!!

A friend of mine works at one of the local Apple stores (Pittsburgh has 3). She has a small obsession with CandyShells and has at least 4 or 5 cases. I saw her a couple weeks ago and she had the black case on her white iPhone and it looked terrible. The back was nothing but a giant scuffed up mess! I really like my white CandyShell, but I think next iPhone I'll stick with an OtterBox commuter (this is still my favorite style, hopefully they work everything out for the next generation of cases) and a Mophie for heavy use days.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It looks a little to bulky compared to life proof

Sent from my iPad HD! using Tapatalk

It does look a little more bulky but not much I don't think. I just like the factor that it's clear so you can see your iPhone and also you can take it off at the end of the day and enjoy the sleek curves of your naked iPhone. There's no limit to times you can install and remove it.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm lusting after the new orange Lifeproof. Those summer colours have made me so tempted.

I'm currently going basic - black bumper, white iPhone. I've gotten so used to naked or bumper that even a candyshell feels huge.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm lusting after the new orange Lifeproof. Those summer colours have made me so tempted.

I'm currently going basic - black bumper, white iPhone. I've gotten so used to naked or bumper that even a candyshell feels huge.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

Where did you see orange? Was just on their site and it's the same blank purple white and pink.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The picture they tweeted is also their cover photo on Facebook! LifeProof is really making it difficult to resist getting one of their cases.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I always wanted one but really don't need water proof and $80 is steep also I have care+.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

I agree, the $80 price point is definitely steep! The water proof is what I am most interested in. I wouldn't be brave enough to take underwater photos, but it was be nice to have when it's raining/snowing.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree, the $80 price point is definitely steep! The water proof is what I am most interested in. I wouldn't be brave enough to take underwater photos, but it was be nice to have when it's raining/snowing.
I haven't used it for anything under water completely, but after using it at the end of the day I'll wash it under luke warm soapy water to clean it. Also, there were times I was walking out of the store or super market while it was pouring replying to a text msg while the thing is getting soaked lol. Or streaming TuneIn radio while the shower is running too.

Shooter has used his for underwater videos & pictures though without any issues AFAIK.

Wonder which of the new LifeProof colors would looks best on the white iphone?
It'll be what ever color you'd prefer because when the phone is in the LP you really can't tell what color the actual phone is anyway:)

Reactions: cyberpaw

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been wondering how you've been doing with this case Shooter. So, so far so good?

Haha I'd expect nothing less, Pink! You keep everything matched up and looking good :cool:
:) thank you!! :D I like having my phone look good:cool:

Thanks for the Amazon seller suggestions. I glanced as some of the items they had up for sale - I was shocked at the large selection of cases available!!
yvw, and yea there's tons of stuff:eek: I'm finding new stuff almost everyday:eek: these sellers must LOVE me right now!! LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro