Cases for iPhone 4S

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Mophie washed out the pic with the flash - i had to slide my phone up from the cases built in camera slot and THEN take my pic which came out perfectly after doing so. This was the first time i've had to use my flash with my phone in the Mophie and that just sucked BTW. So be on alert for this.

Good to know. Thank you for the heads-up! :)

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
That's weird about the pics because I used it at Duran Duran and the pics were great, although low light in the arena may have helped...

I'll know in september when I see DD again.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Wal-Mart had the Griffin Survivor cases on sale this weekend so I picked up one for my iPhone and I was unimpressed. It went back. the belt clip was way too flimsy and didn't even cover the whole screen. If something stabbed it, it'd go through the built in SP and right to my screen. That was a deal breaker for me.

But on a side note for all you Mophie users, Wal-Mart did have their own generic Mophie Juice Pack for about $45.

Back to Otterbox and Ballistics I stay.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Laura, was it the Incipio off the grid case?

PS - Pink, Amazon has those Incipio case for a lot cheaper than Walmart. I think I am definitely going to be picking up a battery case in the future (maybe if I upgrade to the new iPhone - if not, definitely for my 4S). Better start saving!!

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

PS - Pink, Amazon has those Incipio case for a lot cheaper than Walmart. I think I am definitely going to be picking up a battery case in the future (maybe if I upgrade to the new iPhone - if not, definitely for my 4S). Better start saving!!

:)i'm wondering if it was Incipio's also, but with that particular one, dont you need the actual 'grid' which plugs in, and with the case installed on your phone, all you need to do is lay your phone down on the gird without any cords for it to charge? I thought that was what the function of that Incipio was for....unless i'm mistakening it for a differnt Incipio case that perfoms like that. :confused:

iLive, as far as obtaining one of those from Amazon, you still need to be cautious buying one because you don't know if its a knock off etc. I've heard of a couple people that bought a Mophie from Amazon just to save a few bucks only to find after a couple of mths that the case is faulty because it was a knock off. If my memory is decent, I think I also rem reading a review on Amazon with the Mophie in regards to a similar situation....i can't recall exaclty.

I'd say, go with the authentic Mophie, but see if you could find a coupon code to use while ordering to save a few bucks;):) Perhaps a phone call directly to Mophie speaking to a rep may get you a code. Worth a shot!

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I got the sgp neo hybrid 2s and I have to say wow! Fits great and the included crystal clear for the front and back, are amazing fit perfect.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
:)i'm wondering if it was Incipio's also, but with that particular one, dont you need the actual 'grid' which plugs in, and with the case installed on your phone, all you need to do is lay your phone down on the gird without any cords for it to charge? I thought that was what the function of that Incipio was for....unless i'm mistakening it for a differnt Incipio case that perfoms like that. :confused:

iLive, as far as obtaining one of those from Amazon, you still need to be cautious buying one because you don't know if its a knock off etc. I've heard of a couple people that bought a Mophie from Amazon just to save a few bucks only to find after a couple of mths that the case is faulty because it was a knock off. If my memory is decent, I think I also rem reading a review on Amazon with the Mophie in regards to a similar situation....i can't recall exaclty.

I'd say, go with the authentic Mophie, but see if you could find a coupon code to use while ordering to save a few bucks;):) Perhaps a phone call directly to Mophie speaking to a rep may get you a code. Worth a shot!

I know what you're thinking of - those special cases and charging mats for wireless charging. I don't think the Grid is for wireless charging. I looks to be a battery case like a Mophie (I just hoped onto their website). I'm not sure if it's this one or the "Pro" model, but one of them has an actual, removable, battery that's inserted into the case. I don't know how I feel about that.

I buy a lot from Amazon, but I am not purchasing any cases that could potentially be knock offs again! I really lucked out getting those legit CandyShells for cheap. I like to gamble but don't want to be stupid about it!! I definitely want to get a battery case at some point in the near future. I actually just picked up another freelance client (which means more calls and emails), so it would be awesome not having to always be plugged into the wall or my car.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't one of those ones you put your phone on a charging mat. It was one of the ones like Mophie that you slide your phone in to, hit the home button and it charges. I'll be at Wal-Mart today or tomorrow for dog food so I'll snap a pic and post here when I do.

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip ilive saw the off grid case on amazon for a round 34 dollars might pick one up .. I used to have a mophie jp air but it was too bulky and I thought it was ugly and sold it but the off grid look great and slim but read some reviews saying it only gives about a 60% charge

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
No problem knight! I'm pretty sure those cases are sold directly from Amazon, so you shouldn't have a problem with receiving a knockoff. Just make sure that whatever you purchase is "sold and shipped by Amazon" and isn't "sold by *insert shady company name here* and fulfilled by Amazon."

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip ilive saw the off grid case on amazon for a round 34 dollars might pick one up .. I used to have a mophie jp air but it was too bulky and I thought it was ugly and sold it but the off grid look great and slim but read some reviews saying it only gives about a 60% charge

I had one when it was first released and thats about right 60% from dead. I swear the battery is much smaller then 1450mah. The case is slim so is the battery.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Rocking it naked with front a back protectors... this phone is too nice to keep a case on it. Also, what's the point of having AppleCare+ if I don't take a risk with it, right? Haha

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
:)thats not bad at all then - as i do recall you saying your signal at work is not the greatest.

Also, I was bummed out the other night - i was using my Mophie and needed to snap a pic - keep in mind it was about 9pm - so i needed to use the flash :( the Mophie washed out the pic with the flash - i had to slide my phone up from the cases built in camera slot and THEN take my pic which came out perfectly after doing so. This was the first time i've had to use my flash with my phone in the Mophie and that just sucked BTW. So be on alert for this.

Was it a white Mophie by chance? The reason I ask is I have the juice pack plus in black as well as the plus outdoor edition and neither one have caused washout with flash usage. From the pics on Mophie site it seems like the flash ring maybe of a higher gloss finish than on the black one I have.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73