Cases for iPhone 4S

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

There's no real way to tell from the listing. I bought a $5 CandyShell from Amazon and it was real. From what I've heard, I was the exception, not the rule. I've heard the knockoffs looks REALLY good, they are just made from a lower grade silicone and plastic. I would probably skip this case and just buy an authentic case from Speck.

PS - If you submit a "spark (the Speck logo that looks like an asterisk)" today (last day) on their Facebook page, they'll send you a 15% off coupon.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got a Glacier Defender and my black 4S looks soooo fresh dressed in that thing. Was previously rocking the black on black Defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I bit the bullet and got an OB Defender in Night Sky at Best Buy. I really don't know why i was even second guessing buying one. It is a fantastic case. I've only had it for a day but so far this is my favorite case that I own. It adds the perfect amount of bulk. It makes the phone feel great to hold and adds a nice weight to it. I love this case!

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a review on the SwitchEasy eclipse? Personal thoughts on the product?

Also, does anyone have the white version? Have you found it to stay clean?

Thanks.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I bit the bullet and got an OB Defender in Night Sky at Best Buy. I really don't know why i was even second guessing buying one. It is a fantastic case. I've only had it for a day but so far this is my favorite case that I own. It adds the perfect amount of bulk. It makes the phone feel great to hold and adds a nice weight to it. I love this case!

I got my first Otterbox yesterday (the grey/white Defender). Wasn't too sure about it when I ordered it. Thought it would be bulky and difficult to use. Boy was I wrong. This is an awesome case, I feel like I have a whole new phone.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here using an Otterbox Reflex? How do you like it?

GroupMe group for technology and Apple events https://groupme.com/g/2206765

Rayz, I was looking at getting a Reflex case awhile back. Apparently there is a problem where the case will scratch the steel band around the phone. When I heard that, I bagged it and went with the Defender. OtterBox just put out a few new colors of the Reflex style, maybe they fixed the issue?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Rayz, I was looking at getting a Reflex case awhile back. Apparently there is a problem where the case will scratch the steel band around the phone. When I heard that, I bagged it and went with the Defender. OtterBox just put out a few new colors of the Reflex style, maybe they fixed the issue?

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm looking at the new gray and black one for my white iPhone 4S. Hopefully they have fixed it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm looking at the new gray and black one for my white iPhone 4S. Hopefully they have fixed it.

rayz, i was just actually on OB.com and there is a new review from May 15th & the user complained of the metal band on his phone got scratched up....maybe a good idea to pass on this on and try the Commuter case instead? I've heard people like that one as well:)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
rayz, i was just actually on OB.com and there is a new review from May 15th & the user complained of the metal band on his phone got scratched up....maybe a good idea to pass on this on and try the Commuter case instead? I've heard people like that one as well:)

Thanks, Pink.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's such a shame that it scratches the band up like that... I would love a Reflex case, but I don't want ANY case that's going to damage the phone it's suppose to be protecting!

Pink, do you have a new Commuter case (with the larger cut out and "Made in the USA" silicone)?

I love the Commuter style but I had an issue with that case as well (which is why I ultimately went with a Defender). The silicone inserts are now made in the US and not China like they used to be. A couple issues with that now. The new silicone is no where near as flexible as the old silicone. This is actually a good and bad thing. The good: the outer shell won't lose it's shape as easily since it's stiffer. The bad: It's extremely hard to get the inner silicone and outer hard plastic shell to align properly and sit flush with each other. I ordered the Green/Gray Commuter in October, could never get the 2 pieces together right and ended up having to return it (the case bulged because it wasn't put together properly). I tried finding a picture or video, explaining what I mean, but I couldn't find anything. I see that your service provider is Verizon. They sell OtterBoxes in their corporate stores. I'd swing by and take a look at them. I don't know how exactly this happened, but my Mum got an older, "Made in China," case from the Verizon store. It fits like a glove on her 4S.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That's such a shame that it scratches the band up like that... I would love a Reflex case, but I don't want ANY case that's going to damage the phone it's suppose to be protecting!

Pink, do you have a new Commuter case (with the larger cut out and "Made in the USA" silicone)?

I love the Commuter style but I had an issue with that case as well (which is why I ultimately went with a Defender). The silicone inserts are now made in the US and not China like they used to be. A couple issues with that now. The new silicone is no where near as flexible as the old silicone. This is actually a good and bad thing. The good: the outer shell won't lose it's shape as easily since it's stiffer. The bad: It's extremely hard to get the inner silicone and outer hard plastic shell to align properly and sit flush with each other. I ordered the Green/Gray Commuter in October, could never get the 2 pieces together right and ended up having to return it (the case bulged because it wasn't put together properly). I tried finding a picture or video, explaining what I mean, but I couldn't find anything. I see that your service provider is Verizon. They sell OtterBoxes in their corporate stores. I'd swing by and take a look at them. I don't know how exactly this happened, but my Mum got an older, "Made in China," case from the Verizon store. It fits like a glove on her 4S.
iLive, I did have a hot pink/white commuter for only a couple days back a few mths ago. I unfortunately had the same issue you did - the plastic over lay would not sit completely into the silicone shell and it annoyed the he11 outta me, so i returned mine as well. Unfortunately I did overall like the color/function of the case.

As for the Reflex case, its unfortunate as well with the scratching issue on the metal band of the phone because i did consider it for myself as well....not now though!! I dont want to risk scratching the sides of my phone so i'll pass on it.....

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with those!! I've heard if you "massage" the silicone it will fit better with the hard plastic shell. That seems kind of crazy that you have to prep a case before putting it on!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't know what the deal is with those!! I've heard if you "massage" the silicone it will fit better with the hard plastic shell. That seems kind of crazy that you have to prep a case before putting it on!

lmao! i've never heard that one, and really......who the fork wants to spend time 'working' their case so it fits properly!! that is nutz !! lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW