Cases for iPhone 4S

ThomasJL

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I finally found a completely CLEAR case, no colors, no stupid designs:

http://www.switcheasy.com/product/NUDE_iPhone4

Just ordered it.

Currently have a Case Mate Gelli, it's been OK, but it has stupid designs on the back, it was as close as I could find to see-thru at the time. I love the chassis of the 4S, can't wait to be able to have it protected and yet still be able to enjoy it's beauty :)

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)well, i took the plunge today & went to BestBuy and got a Mophie Plus in the white/gray, also had a 10% coupon from BestBuy. Came home and installed my phone to it - plugged in & both are charging now. The case does add a bit of weight and a bit of length to the phone overall, but as of right now, i don't think its terrible. I'm not the type of person to be holding my phone in my hand for an hour or more - so i don't see myself getting 'tired' of the bit of extra weight/length to it. The case overall is definately classy looking on the phone. I wasnt very sure how my white 4S would've looked with the black/pink case - but maybe at some point in time i'll order that color from Mophie & see if i like it.

So far my first impressions are that i really like the case & its very well made. i'd say its worth the money if it holds up to its extra battery power like it claims. I'll know after using it for a few days how it does. I'll keep ya posted;):)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Lord I have missed my iPhone but what's really weird is I really miss some of the 9900 - the notification light and keyboard especially. Who knew?

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
Tapatalk
really? i couldnt stand the noti-light anymore. My last month of using my bb i completely turned that sucker off !! it was driving me NUUUUUTZZZZ !! LOL

any way, happy to hear your back happily with your iphone again -- dont forget to wine & dine it !!:D:D

I'm using the Phantom case by Case-mate and so far I am impressed! So much better than the Otterbox Defender I was using. I can actually slide this one in and out of my pocket easily and it's not covered in lint. I wish I could go case free but I don't trust myself enough not to drop it.
:)i tried the Phantom in the aqua color. I overall liked the case but there was the bottom part of silicone thats very thin along the bottom & every time i would be on the phone it would like pull down. IDEK how to explain it - but i wound up returning mine. That was thee one thing that bugged me about it that i just couldnt get past dealing with lol.

Last edited:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
:)well, i took the plunge today & went to BestBuy and got a Mophie Plus in the white/gray, also had a 10% coupon from BestBuy. Came home and installed my phone to it - plugged in & both are charging now. The case does add a bit of weight and a bit of length to the phone overall, but as of right now, i don't think its terrible. I'm not the type of person to be holding my phone in my hand for an hour or more - so i don't see myself getting 'tired' of the bit of extra weight/length to it. The case overall is definately classy looking on the phone. I wasnt very sure how my white 4S would've looked with the black/pink case - but maybe at some point in time i'll order that color from Mophie & see if i like it.

So far my first impressions are that i really like the case & its very well made. i'd say its worth the money if it holds up to its extra battery power like it claims. I'll know after using it for a few days how it does. I'll keep ya posted;):)

Awesome, Pink! You will LOVE the security of the mophie's backup battery. No worries when you're out and about!!! Depending on where I go, I will either use the mophie to begin with or I will keep the CS flip on and keep the mophie in my purse and put it on when I need it.

It looks great, too. People are always asking where I got my cool case. And when I show them that it's a battery pack, they want it even more!

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol Pink, I dont mind the led on the BB because I use BeBuzz and love the disco multicolour pattern. I am going to use my iPhone now until I need BBM again for work, or in bad weather if I'm walking or in the winter or any other activity when the phone may get damaged. Hell, I'll probably he it every once in a while if I get bored and want a change. I do love that keyboard and the 9900 in white is dead sexy.

I loved my juice pack by the way. When I went to see Duran Duran in October, I used it for the 4 hour ride to Toronto, walking around, filming about an hour of video at the show, and all day the next day while out and about and the ride home. I charged it once and still had 60% when I got home. The thing is awesome.

Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you're going to keep the Mophie in your purse, why not just get something like the Zagg Sparq so that you can stick to the nice pretty case you like?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, Pink! You will LOVE the security of the mophie's backup battery. No worries when you're out and about!!! Depending on where I go, I will either use the mophie to begin with or I will keep the CS flip on and keep the mophie in my purse and put it on when I need it.

It looks great, too. People are always asking where I got my cool case. And when I show them that it's a battery pack, they want it even more!
I'm definately impressed with the appearance of it - i haven't used the battery yet, although after both my phone & mophie were charged up yesterday i used my ph till it was about 89% & just for the heck of it i switched on the Mophie and it starting charging up:) I shut it off obviously cuz at 89% i didnt need to top off my phone at that point lol.

I do have a question for you tho - i have a back SP on my ph. Now, it goes into the Mophie a little snug & i tested taking it out last night and was snug as well -- Do you have a SP on the back of your phone and if not, does the back of your phone show any kind of scratch marks from taking it in and out of the Mophie? Thanks LV for any input:)

Lol Pink, I dont mind the led on the BB because I use BeBuzz and love the disco multicolour pattern. I am going to use my iPhone now until I need BBM again for work, or in bad weather if I'm walking or in the winter or any other activity when the phone may get damaged. Hell, I'll probably he it every once in a while if I get bored and want a change. I do love that keyboard and the 9900 in white is dead sexy.

I loved my juice pack by the way. When I went to see Duran Duran in October, I used it for the 4 hour ride to Toronto, walking around, filming about an hour of video at the show, and all day the next day while out and about and the ride home. I charged it once and still had 60% when I got home. The thing is awesome.

Tapatalk

Reene, i also had BeBuzz on my bb - you can imagine the pink & purple disco noti lights i had going lol. I mean, heck, wasnt that the shiz on a bb? :D

So you had a M-Plus also !! Well, i'm glad to hear another users take on it. Sounds like you got a good bit of usage between your phone and the Mophie:) glad to hear that !!
Btw, i like DuranDuran also, never got to see them in concert tho !!

The funniest thing is, when i came home from BestBuy, my 2 younger teen boys saw the case - one of them were like "ooooh mom that looks so cool on your phone - i'd be all about that when i get my iphone" and my other one says, "oh our cousin has a Mophie on his iphone too!" I had no idea how i missed seeing that lol.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've since taken off my defender for a while and opted for my candy shell satin with an anti-glare, anti-fingerprint screen protector. I ordered one of those cases from Verizon with the kickstand built in and a pixelskin hd from Speck. Going for the minimalist look these days.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
HEY BLiNK -- i acutally did use my phone NAKED on Monday !! it definately was strange - it felt so small compared to being in a speck shell lol. But i did kinda like it:) maybe this will be a start to using my phone naked once in a while.....we'll see !!

OH SNAP!! well Congrats!

FYI: i was in a super hurry this morning so i completely forgot to grab my otterbox. so now i am at work Zagg (front & back) protected only! :eek:

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Today my case finally gave up on me or kept getting my shirt caught in it, two times i went for my phone and it wasn't there. It had some how slipped out of the holster and under a table, not a big fall and i couldn't duplicate it. So i broke down and bought an Otter box at the VZW store, not a bad price as i get corporate discounts. I guess it will take some time to get used to the added bulk but i don't want to be making an insurance claim anytime soon.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Reene, i also had BeBuzz on my bb - you can imagine the pink & purple disco noti lights i had going lol. I mean, heck, wasnt that the shiz on a bb? :D

So you had a M-Plus also !! Well, i'm glad to hear another users take on it. Sounds like you got a good bit of usage between your phone and the Mophie:) glad to hear that !!

Btw, i like DuranDuran also, never got to see them in concert tho !!

I am so not surprised to learn you used BeBuzz as well lol. Its indespensible when I'm on my BB so I know if I can ignore something or not.

Yeah I got a tonne of use out of the juicepack for Duran. Incidentally I recommend seeing them if you get a chance. They are a fabulous live band. I never got to see them in the 80's ( I was 9 and mom said I was too young to go see them in Ottawa) but I've seen them twice now - once in 2005 for the reunion tour (all five originals baby!) and in October (Nick, John, Simon and Roger). So good. Instantly made me a screaming 13 year old putting Mrs Simon Lebon on my trapper keeper...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm definately impressed with the appearance of it - i haven't used the battery yet, although after both my phone & mophie were charged up yesterday i used my ph till it was about 89% & just for the heck of it i switched on the Mophie and it starting charging up:) I shut it off obviously cuz at 89% i didnt need to top off my phone at that point lol.

I do have a question for you tho - i have a back SP on my ph. Now, it goes into the Mophie a little snug & i tested taking it out last night and was snug as well -- Do you have a SP on the back of your phone and if not, does the back of your phone show any kind of scratch marks from taking it in and out of the Mophie? Thanks LV for any input:)

No SP on the back of my phone. And no scratches whatsoever from the mophie! And I swap in and out of the mophie at least twice a day. The case has a smooth matte finish on the inside as well so there's no way the back can get scratched. At least, that's how it is on the black mophie plus. I think the white exterior is gloss rather than matte so maybe the interior is different than mine?

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I am so not surprised to learn you used BeBuzz as well lol. Its indespensible when I'm on my BB so I know if I can ignore something or not.

Yeah I got a tonne of use out of the juicepack for Duran. Incidentally I recommend seeing them if you get a chance. They are a fabulous live band. I never got to see them in the 80's ( I was 9 and mom said I was too young to go see them in Ottawa) but I've seen them twice now - once in 2005 for the reunion tour (all five originals baby!) and in October (Nick, John, Simon and Roger). So good. Instantly made me a screaming 13 year old putting Mrs Simon Lebon on my trapper keeper...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
I know what you mean with the noti lights;) same here, could tell by the color & pattern of the blink if it was worth a look lol.

I will take your advice into consideration for the DuranDuran concert. My goal this year is to see MaDonna tho -- always my fav since her first album dropped in 83' I was close to being out of hs by then. I did see her who's that girl tour - OMG loved it!!

No SP on the back of my phone. And no scratches whatsoever from the mophie! And I swap in and out of the mophie at least twice a day. The case has a smooth matte finish on the inside as well so there's no way the back can get scratched. At least, that's how it is on the black mophie plus. I think the white exterior is gloss rather than matte so maybe the interior is different than mine?

:)Tyvm LV, i removed my sp from the back - what a major diff in being able to take the phone in/out of the Mophie lol. Also, the inside of the white mophie is a glossy black as well - and no scratches there from when the sp was on the back of my phone, TG!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok ladies, I've started booking appointments for CTIA in just a few weeks. Every year I have gotten video of all the fabulous cases. So let me know what you want me to look for this year so I can find it for you and report back!

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 14875. This is my currently budding collection. 3 speck cases, Morphie juice pack air, Incipio Silicrylic, and a generic black game boy case. Really love the Silicrylic for work (Army nurse in a hospital, gets the phone dumped on occasion), otherwise, I like to mix it up.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok ladies, I've started booking appointments for CTIA in just a few weeks. Every year I have gotten video of all the fabulous cases. So let me know what you want me to look for this year so I can find it for you and report back!

:)anything Speck flip & candyshell and if Mophie has anything new coming out too !!

Thanks Alli:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
OH SNAP!! well Congrats!

FYI: i was in a super hurry this morning so i completely forgot to grab my otterbox. so now i am at work Zagg (front & back) protected only! :eek:

Thanks !! The longer I have my 4S, the braver I'm feeling about going without a cover every now and then:)

I'm guessing you made it thru work unscathed?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox