Cases for iPhone 4S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Shipping to Canada is retarded for most things. If shipping ever costs too much for my liking I try to get it shipped to the border since there is a shiphappens but a lot of places say no since my cc is different address.

WoW, that really does suck. I mean, I'm not oblivious as to how expensive things can cost to ship within the states, but because I'm not familiar with Canada rates I had no idea it's that expensive:eek:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I ship things to my friend in Alberta a lot and it IS insane. Her xmas gift was candy and foods from here, and it was like $60 or something. I had to make sure I had everyting sealed well so it wouldn't rot before she got it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I ship things to my friend in Alberta a lot and it IS insane. Her xmas gift was candy and foods from here, and it was like $60 or something. I had to make sure I had everyting sealed well so it wouldn't rot before she got it.

Holy canolli tony soprano !! That's insane !! 60$ :eek:

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
And there's the duty that can be charged at the door. I still don't understand because I can ship things to the states and it's like $20. Last cell phone I sold was $25 to ship.

The Crackberry store pissed me off. Here's a site started in Canada and wants to charge $30 to ship me a barely there case. Eff that.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered another Incipio Silicrylic case. I have one already that I really like, I just wanted a more feminine color. I personally finds it adds the right amount of protection without much bulk.

A co-worker of mine recently dropped her naked iPhone 4 (well, it fell out of the strap that was attached to her arm while she was jogging) and the screen is pretty shattered and it kind of scared me so I'm putting my Silicrylic back on. I was rocking my 4S naked for awhile, but not anymore.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
A co-worker of mine recently dropped her naked iPhone 4 (well, it fell out of the strap that was attached to her arm while she was jogging) and the screen is pretty shattered and it kind of scared me so I'm putting my Silicrylic back on. I was rocking my 4S naked for awhile, but not anymore.

after a near drop recently at work i recently decided to acquire... an... (can't believe i'm going to say this).... Otterbox (Commuter) i work in the construction industry so there are many hazards and crazy situations i can encounter with my device

but after work it's naked as a baby's ass!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Mophie Juice Pack Plus :)

18cd2078-c824-e498.jpg

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
after a near drop recently at work i recently decided to acquire... an... (can't believe i'm going to say this).... Otterbox (Commuter) i work in the construction industry so there are many hazards and crazy situations i can encounter with my device

My brother is a PM/Engineer and uses an Otterbox cocoon (whatever the most protective one is) at work, and on the weekends he puts it in one of those snap cases that doesn't cover the screen at all.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I have a Commuter (white/purple) and my white silicone kept getting SO dirty. It would turn yellow. I'm not a dirty person (wash my hands frequently and I have a desk job). Everyone else who has a Commuter with white silicone doesn't have this yellowing/dirty issue.

While I enjoyed the protection of the Commuter, I couldn't use my car adapter to listen to music while driving. The adapter was too big to fit around the Commuter which was very annoying and I didn't feel like buying another one. The adapter fits with every other case except my Commuter, so I gave up on it.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an Otterbox Defender now. I got tired of waiting on OB to make the colors for the 4s that they make for the 4, so I decided to spend $9 and I bought an AGF Ballistic HC Case case from their Amazon store. We'll see how it does. I can post pictures and stuff later on when I get it. I've never tried anything other than an Otterbox, but on Amazon, all of their cases are rated 5 stars by users and it comes with a belt clip and built in screen protector - two things I must have.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a Commuter (white/purple) and my white silicone kept getting SO dirty. It would turn yellow. I'm not a dirty person (wash my hands frequently and I have a desk job). Everyone else who has a Commuter with white silicone doesn't have this yellowing/dirty issue.

haha! i am a germaphobe as well. when flu season hits i barely go out into the general public..

currently i am using a casemate barely there (chrome) for work. although it looks amazing it just will not protect like an Otterbox will, obviously

it's going to be an adjustment for me since i am used to how it feels with the casemate or without anything. i never thought i would even consider a case like the Otterbox, we'll see how long it lasts!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My coworker (i work for a union right now) was just on a job site and dropped his phone and apparently ran over it (on dirt) and it was fine. lol! He has the gigantic case too.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an Otterbox Defender now. I got tired of waiting on OB to make the colors for the 4s that they make for the 4, so I decided to spend $9 and I bought an AGF Ballistic HC Case case from their Amazon store. We'll see how it does. I can post pictures and stuff later on when I get it. I've never tried anything other than an Otterbox, but on Amazon, all of their cases are rated 5 stars by users and it comes with a belt clip and built in screen protector - two things I must have.

:)I'd def be interested in seeing pics of the AGFBallistic case when you get it.

I know what you mean with waiting on OB to update their iP4 colors to fit the 4S. I've been waiting FOREVER for them to do the hot pink silicone/white shell combo....:( doesn't look like its gonna happen. There's 3 types of cases I absolutely love--my LP, speck cs's and OB defenders. Ive tried so many others, and I'm just not as happy with them.

After checking out your post on how to tell a fake defender from the real deal, I can say that I have no doubts about purchasing OB defenders from those particular suppliers on Amazon. They are all authentic. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
+1 on the germaphobe thing -- i carry purell & antibacterial hand wipes with me EVERYWHERE !! Lol

My coworker (i work for a union right now) was just on a job site and dropped his phone and apparently ran over it (on dirt) and it was fine. lol! He has the gigantic case too.
Ame, OMG :eek: I am happy to hear his case (the OB defender was it?) did the job and kept the phone safe:)

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think everyone was shocked. They got those OBs because they've been known to hurl their phones in anger. But his survived the Ford Exploder rollover just fine. The case even looks ok.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I LOL'd at the phrase "they hurl their phones in anger" it's not funny really, but just the thought of it. It's not something I would EVER do regardless of how furious I was about something, lol.

:)Any who, I'm glad to hear the OB did it's job. I'm actually rooting around on Amazon looking for either the gray/yellow, or the new one OB has on their site, it's a tree camo with PINK:D
so perhaps I may order one of them.....we shall see.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
They aren't exactly genteel with their phones in the first place, or at all.

But yea, the OB works for them. The "big boss" took his off though, he goes without a case.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
They aren't exactly genteel with their phones in the first place, or at all.

But yea, the OB works for them. The "big boss" took his off though, he goes without a case.

ohhh..eff that lol. I've never had my phone go naked, nor will i. I am very careful & have AC+ along with VzW's TEC, but none the less, its not something i'm willing to risk. The closest to naked my phone will EVER see is IF i use my iFrgoz ultra lean or luxe lean cases, and those are on extremely rare occasions !!

Rhiannon10

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I am using an OtterBox Defender case that I changed up a little. Since my son has an Iphone 4, I bought two cases. One in pink/grey and one in dark teal/light teal. Then I did a mix and match! I use the hot pink plastic with the dark teal silicone and my son has the light teal plastic with the grey silicone. Worked out great and I love the pink and teal together! :D